Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER This Worries Me... (new Rank)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The original timer is for safety. The backups are there because with this rank you can insta-delete classes.

HalfCat_, ParkourTNT, Sprite and 5 others like this.
  2. DominikGamer

DominikGamer Nothing to see here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you know what, if i bought all vip,vip+ and hero ranks before i'm gonna buy this aswell

Sar likes this.
  3. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But how come not everyone can have this feature though?

thepicferret and Melkor like this.
  4. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Could you please elaborate on what "class backup" exactly is and it works? Right now it seems to me like "don't worry, your data is protected so if anything happens you are safe"

geeleegulu and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  5. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am as well, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried about a lot of this.

6. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    because we spent time and money making this new feature work and that letting everyone delete and recover classes instantly would be real bad for performance and storage. this can only work if a smaller % of players can do it

HalfCat_, Lotem, ParkourTNT and 22 others like this.
  7. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    My apologies then. It is a good idea

8. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thats good, but what about bomb bell?
    It sounds really p2w unless its not everyone think it is.

coolaccountname and TrapinchO like this.
  9. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Server limitations were probably the only acceptable answer for me.
    Sorry if I'm coming off as aggressive, but you have to understand I have limited information, it's hard not to be worried when you hear about these things that, on paper, sound like quilty of life features or pay to win, when you lack information. I'm still worried about the bomb bells, I'm unsure of what the "Sell item 1" is on pets, what is "Merchants on Map." so on.

Stratiformis, H0Y, nuuurd and 6 others like this.
  10. Tolemi959

Tolemi959 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I just very much dislike the combat pets in general. Any game where every single class gets some form of combat pet I immediately stop playing. I don't want to feel like a wow hunter, so don't force me to.

H0Y and StormKing3 like this.
  11. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Will it at least be sped up for other players? I don't fancy waiting three weeks to delete a character I got to endgame again.

coolaccountname likes this.
  12. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Honestly, the pets is what actually worries me

13. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    of course they choose to add a new rank a few months after i get hero rank
    also this feels somewhat p2w rn, they should nerf it. wouldn't this mean they have to ban bomb tracker as well?

Ellphant and coolaccountname like this.
  14. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Actually they implemented it only so that they have proper reason to ban it from wynnils...

I know, bad joke but still, when a rank has it....

15. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Something else I want to add.
    This update looks great beyond this.
    Note that when a player's biggest worry is a new rank, the update itself probably looks fantastic.
    It seems to be adding a ton of things that players have wanted for the longest time, and for that thank you and the rest of the team for the hard work.

16. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    They added housing which was considered cursed.
    Also it seems like it is going to be just floating island above big cities... eh

17. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah... I don't like the floating island thing, but that depends on how it works.
    Is it only there once you're in the housing? If so, not so bad.
    Is it there when you're not in the housing... well, that would be... kinda ugly not going to lie.

NITEHAWKX, Crokee, H0Y and 3 others like this.
  18. Jj_TeRroR_jJ

Jj_TeRroR_jJ Mechanical Owl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was very surprised when I saw that a new rank was coming, especially as a player who was around when VIP town was a thing, and yeah some of these things are a little concerning.

No Concerns:
    • Merchant Booths on map
    • Instant Class Deletion
    • Backup Classes
    These three feel like very small QoL things which either are rarely relevant, or seems to be a marginal benefit at best. While having them for everyone would be nice, I have no real issue having these behind a rank.

Slight Concerns:
    • /switch command
    The concern simply comes down to the nature of bombs. Even discarding the biggest concerning feature right now, there are folks who will shout when they are doing a bomb, or post it in a discord channel. In some cases, being swift can make the difference between getting into the server and being left at the door.
    • Reserved Slots
    I remember some concern when this was first a thing, and they are still somewhat present considering the nature of certain aspects of the community. A specific portion of a world being reserved for the highest-ranking players could be restrictive on whether or not some players can join a bomb or dungeon party world (though the latter is up in the air due to forgery reworks), while making it much easier for the paying players to benefit from the bombs. It's still a minor concern, but it's present.

Hopefully, this is somewhat averted if the reserved slots are additional on top of the current world max (AKA, Expanding the max players in a world to 55, with 5 of those being CHAMP Slots), but still a concern.
    • Pet Revamp + CHAMP benefits [Post-Salted Clarification]
    Yeah, at first I saw this and got extremely worried that pets were about to turn into a major P2W feature, especially with the realisation that pets will help in combat. Then Salted gave clarification on how they'll work and that after level 20, pets do not get stronger, which is good, especially with the knowledge that having multiple pets out makes each pet weaker to compensate.

But there's still concerns. Will certain pets be different in combat to other pets? Will this include some of the ancient pets people bought in the original /gold shop? How impactful will the pet passive be that ARE available to only CHAMPs, such as the selling and scrapping passives we see on the Cow Pet example? Would different pets have different passives?

(I have an enderman pet from the old /gold shop and i'd hate for him to be irrelevant in the shift)

MAJOR Concern
    • Bomb Bell
    While it doesn't explicitly state it, it sounds clearly like an in-game alert for whenever a bomb with a timer is triggered on any world. Which is a massive concern considering prior benefits and the fact that it could make accessing bomb worlds as a Non-CHAMP much more difficult when the CHAMPs get alerted instantly and can immediately switch there quicker.

While it is still possible for regular players to get into a bomb world, it becomes much more difficult, and probably will change up some aspects of the entire community based on the impact it has.

Crokee, Ellphant, Melkor and 2 others like this.
  19. jazzhar

jazzhar Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Ok so here's my opinion,

Servers afcourse need Ranks to even excist. we all know that. We also know that not nearly enough people Would buy a rank if it was purely cosmetic, thats the reason i Do support market slots and totems.

And personally i think that the champion rank should offer something new, However I do not agree with how it seems to be done at the moment.

But if i critisize something i offer a solution (or what i think should be it). first, everyone should be able to instantly delete theire class, it shouldnt be Ok to have to Pay to fix a Bug. thats Not a cosmetic, nor a quality of life feature.
    from what i read Salted said that above lvl 20 pet features are cosmetic, but it also said that you get acces to pet tasks. From that i get that youre pet can retrieve items/do tasks that earns you something, Thats a feature, that from what i read/ have read. is entirely locked behind a wall. Maybe its not entirely and you can still send youre Pets to do tasks but The rank offers you 1 more slot, But thats poor communication and that would be (Keep in mind that salted and the staff team are humans and make mistakes it could have been overseen) obvious. So my solution would indeed be allowing everyone to do tals, but like the market being able to do more (at the same time?).

I see no problem with mercant boots, as a player you can easily remember were they are, or pul uop a forum post.
    And I alson dont see any problem with the switch command, as you can still do /lobby, just takes 2 clicks instead of 1.

BombBell though, The wynntails argument says it all, But in my own words. Bombs allow the whole server a boost, we all know that. But being notified? thats a feature SoleLy for the person who buys it. Not cosmetic, bombs themself are server wide and anyone in the vasinity of a totem gets the buff, But if you dont have this feature, sure you can hop constantly to other servers to maybe find a bomb, but that costs a lot of time that if you would have spend on grinding, would have done the same as the bomb. So only a player with the rank actually benifits from this, Someone dropping item bomb? ypure the only 1 that notices, 2x Xp's? ye you got the rank, so you can stop grinding and do it on that server.

So a solution? hmm thats a tough 1 and i dont see anything that clear cut as the rest of my post, you could say that the whole server gets notified with it, but thats not going to work, if evry here upgraded to champion, the entirety of wynncraft would know as soon as 1 drops. I unfortunatly do Think that its something that Should not be In the game once the update drops.

But hey, thats my way to long post, see you ingame!

TrapinchO likes this.
  20. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    It's wynntils, not wynntails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.