Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER This Worries Me... (new Rank)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    News everyone, we are getting a new rank!
    I'm planning on buying this rank as soon as I can naturally, however...
    I'm very worried based on the information on the site,
    Let me go over somethings:

First off this rank is getting:
    [​IMG]
    Wow, a nice feature. Slightly closer to in-game benefits than a rank normally gets, but not too bad...

Second:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, what a great quality of life change! ... that's limited to one rank...
    I mean, arguably it could be used to get to bomb servers before everyone else, but it's not like you will know when bombs go off... right?

Third:
    [​IMG]
    Yep. You know that future Wynntils can't add because it would be too beneficial to players using the mod?
    Now, I can't say for sure that "Bomb Bell" is a bomb notification, but let's be honest, it's a bomb notification.

Fourth:
    [​IMG]
    (This is not accessible to everyone due to server limitations, please ignore)

Fifth:
    Everyone! We are getting something really cool.
    Pet levels and combat! Don't worry, everyone gets 1 free pet, so if all pets are equal, we can assume it's not pay to win at all!
    [​IMG]
    ... NANI?!??! (DISCLAIMER, PET LEVELS HAVE SINCE BEEN CONFIRMED VISUAL AFTER LEVEL 20, THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT CHANGE EVERYTHING ELSE. Also, what is "sell item 1?"

Ranks previously have found ways to be almost entirely cosmetic. (With the expectation of mob totems.)
    I think this is the first time I've seen Wynncraft blatantly lock what seems to be quality of life features behind a paywall. This was already arguably an issue with Market slots, but this is a rank which seems to be entirely built on these sorts of features.

Tell me this, would the game not be better if EVERYONE had access to "Viewing Merchant Booths on Map." Or a better class deletion system? Convince me that bomb notification, and being able to level up combat pets above level 20 is not pay to win!

Two of these things everyone should have and two of these things are pay to win.
    The only things that don't piss me off are "Reserved Slots." and "Character Nicknames."
    One of which is entirely cosmetic and the other doesn't adversely affect other players.
    That's all I wanted to say.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    xSkiing, Spyhy, JohanLTU and 40 others like this.
  2. Glial

Glial Is it Gleal or Gleyeal? VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am also very worried about this, especially for die hard players that don't spend much money on games, not because they don't want to support them but because they physically cannot.

3. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i fully agree with this but salted said some funnies about pets on disc that should be noted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    World is full? Go ahead and join the cgg party too!

5. basementbob

basementbob God of Corkus and Meme Land CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah that SUCKS!

6. TherapueticLiz

TherapueticLiz Azure Demon of SDU / DsQ/ CEO of Idol Airlines. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To be fair, Salted explained in the discord that Pets combat abilities were capped to level 20, cosmetics are 20+ so if you think about it they really are only useful up until Lvl20 for a regular player.

7. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't even know if CGG was confirmed in the trailer. Normally we see the dungeons getting added there.

That_Chudley and TrapinchO like this.
  8. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That makes the pet thing better, but still have questions like:
    Can you have more then 1 pet out at once? Does that mean it is pay to win?
    You can have 3 pets out currently, and if you get 1 free pet, this means you can pay for 3 more...

Shamos200 and TrapinchO like this.
  9. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It got confirmed that pet levels above 20 are purely cosmetic

10. Jirayut

Jirayut strati masterrace VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hmmm the sell item lvl 1
    what could that mean
    oh wait more lr money

11. tomjerry92

tomjerry92 Warrior Sympathizer

Minecraft:
    Yeah, this is really dumb. hopefully this gets reworked
    even back in the day when we had VIP town, donor benefit was more of a early-mid game boost
    i.e. VIP armor only being around lvl 30-40, which doesn't hold up against higher lvl items or legendaries

but this? THIS? It wasn't fair before but this really ain't right either. I honestly thought that wynn was above this

12. coolaccountname

coolaccountname pro gamer VIP

Minecraft:
    While I do worry about Wynn putting things behind a paywall, I don't think that we have enough information to assume that it will be P2W nor the information to know exactly what some of these things are.

However, the notion of bomb bells just being "bomb on server 8!!" notifications is worrying. Players already put together organized efforts to track bombs, but even those aren't reported 100% of the time.(unless it's not what we think it is)

I don't really know what the heck the merchant map thing means, so I'm not going to comment

Wynn has been pretty good with staying away from P2W after the EULA updates though, so I'll trust that they rework anything particularly overpowered

13. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I'd note that ranks have been giving benefits in the past, very clearly (Ahem: Mob totems, extra class slots) so this isn't that new. Before the EULA, they were even more obvious (exclusive areas, boosts to xp, Assassin, etc) so it was clearly done all due to EULA.

This is actually an intresting thing to look at as it develops, given the somewhat obvious backlash. I'll be following the situation, since it feels like a very very intresting thing to watch unfold.

SoulBurned likes this.
  14. Glial

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2020-11-7_14-57-53.png
    Does Sell Items I mean that it's easier to sell stuff, i.e somewhere not near blacksmith but only half the cost? that... can be considered cosmetic to some but it's still a quality of life change that only specific ranks get. what if it's full price? we may never know until it's too late

15. Dx8pi

Dx8pi Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I felt a bit uneasy about the new rank too and yep, it's definitely just pay to win. However the merchant booths is where I draw my line.

TrapinchO likes this.
  16. Bleiiz

Bleiiz The Hole Finder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The bomb bell, instant world switching and reserved slots just seem to be the perfect combination to get into any server with bombs... and it's locked behind a (potentially huge) paywall.

This definitely needs some reconsideration.

17. fishcute

fishcute fish CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    /switch isn't that bad because they still have to save the player's data, and that hopefully would take the same amount of time for everyone. I doubt it will ever be instant unless you want to lose 5 mins of work every time you switch.

Bomb bell is slightly worrying.

Instant class deletion should be a thing that anyone can do. Class backups on the other hand would probably greatly increase how much storage the servers need to have, and we know that memory is an issue for wynncraft.

Yeah, I assume that they were planning on that, or had that as a placeholder, and either wanted feedback, or got feedback and had to quickly change things.

AjSimp_ and starx280 like this.
  18. nuuurd

nuuurd theres no "best" class kthxbye VIP

Minecraft:
    TIME TRAVEL

some of the qol additions to champions rank is fine imo, but the others are.. iffy

iirc salted said that theres a good chance they'd change the perks before 1.20, so hopefully some things may be adjusted

19. Glial

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if they fix the rank after it has already released, people who buy the rank who want these "perks" would get scammed and have those perks taken away even though they spent a ton of money. This is a hearthstone moment, they need to fix it right now

Bwitty03, H0Y and Melkor like this.
  20. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Why improve it for everyone, when we can get money for this? Why not make it a little bit safer for all when you can make someone really secure for payment?

EDIT: Salted later explained. It is NOT p2w but rather a logical security measure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.