Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Forgotten Echoes | D&d 5e Campaign [6/6]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Lex!, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    So! Dungeons and Dragons, huh? There's probably enough of these already but I'm bored and have a campaign idea I'd love to get out, so here we are.

This campaign takes place within the borders of the Astorian Empire, formed in the ceasefire of the last Great War fifty-odd years ago. Since then, the various states of the continent have had an uneasy peace, though tensions have remained high for a majority of the empire's existence.

Though the people of the land may not directly see it, the past of the realm has influenced the events of the modern-day. Ruins dot the landscape, many of which have remained untouched, for with the past come many dangers.
    The Astorian Empire is split into four separate provinces, as well as two additional claimed regions.

The core of the empire, and the location of the capitol city, Astoria. The landscape consists mostly of grasslands and forests.

Astoria is a city built on a mountain, with higher areas housing the rich, and lower areas housing the poor. The city utilizes airships to offer easy travel between parts of the city.
    Commonly referred to as the Surlands. Located to the south of Astora, the province contains similar grasslands, though a large desert lies to the west. The central city of the province is Port Sur, located on the southern coast of the continent.

Port Sur is a city that was once the center of commerce, but has seen a decline ever since airship usage began to rise. As a result, the people of the city are generally poor, though the city still shows signs of its past.
    Also known as the Golden Highland. Located east of Astora, the province contains a large plateau that happens to be amidst a massive mountain range. The central city is Brightdawn, located beneath the mountains.

Brightdawn is an ancient dwarven city, built amongst massive crystalline caverns that provide a constant glow.
    Located to the north of Astora and Auris. An area of mountains and tundras. This province is generally disconnected from the rest of the empire. The central city is Duskspire, an iron city on the edge of the Northern Wastes.

Duskspire is another dwarven city, named for the perpetual dusk the city finds itself in. The city doesn't have much to do with the rest of the empire, but joined to avoid a potential invasion.

A frozen landscape even further north of Invicte. The area remains uncolonized, as a result of the inhospitable conditions.
    A massive jungle east of Suresia and south of Auris. The region remains unexplored, as a result of the difficulty of the terrain, and the many beasts that call it home.

The Empire holds control over a majority of the continent. Imperial soldiers are stationed throughout in order to maintain the peace and stability of the empire. However, not everyone is happy about the occupation of these forces...
    Don't have one yet! I'll add it here when it's done.
    So, generally speaking, all official D&D content is fine. There are some minor race restrictions (see below), and I'll allow homebrew or Unearthed Arcana if you check with me beforehand.

Guidelines:
    - First level characters.
    - Roll for stats! 4d6 drop the lowest for each stat, and you can assign the numbers as you wish. If your stats are too low, we can talk about rerolling.
    - Everyone starts with one free feat.
    - Be prepared to communicate with me about your character, just so we can integrate them well.

The party has been hired by the lord of Port Sur to retrieve an item for him. The details will be given once they arrive.

Races are distributed across the world in a certain way. These are the main races in the empire, ordered by most common to least.

- High Elves: The most common race. Mostly live in Astoria (the city) and Astora, though they can be found all over.
    - Humans: Second most common. They tend to live in Suresia, though again, they can be found all over.
    - Hill Dwarves: Known as Dawn Dwarves in the empire. Their central city is Brightdawn, though there is a sizeable population in Duskspire as well.
    - Mountain Dwarves: Known as Dusk Dwarves. Their central city is Duskspire, though there's a sizeable amount in Brightdawn.
    - Halflings: They don't have a city of their own, though they find homes all over the place. Suresia holds the most of them.
    - Wood Elves: There aren't all that many Wood Elves in the empire. They can generally be found in Astora and Suresia, especially near the coast.
    - Orcs: They can be found generally in Suresia, though there's also a lot in Duskspire.

Variant Human (the one that gets a free feat) is banned, solely because everyone already gets a free feat.

If you want to play a race that's not on this list, just check in with me. I'm generally fine with any race, though anything not on the list is uncommon.

Additionally, any races with negative stat bonuses won't have said negative stat bonuses here.
    @Tsukemono - Warforged / Fighter
    @Sonoda Umi~ - High Elf / Wizard
    @H0Y - Wood Elf / Rogue
    @BlueSlimerino - Wood Elf / Rogue
    @Nikolai Mael - Rock Gnome / Artificer
    @Bluescreen - Water Genasi / Ranger

I'm looking for 5 or 6 players for this game.

There is a discord, send me a forums PM for a link.

If there's anything I missed, let me know! I'm typing this up quite late on mobile, and it's hard to tell sometimes.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

/in

So we all know each other before hand, and are in a group with each other? Or were we all hired seperately and groupes together there.
    There are races with negative stat bonuses??? O-o
    -----
    When we do combat, squares or hexes?
    Also xp or story leveling or both?
    Allow players to use different stats for skills? (Ie str for intimidation)
    If we multiclass, are we required to have a strong ingame reason as to how we can or why we choose to do so

3. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    /in i'll make a char when i fully wake up

4. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /in gamer time

5. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    /in I'll make a char when i get home

I don't know many but i do know that Kobolds give -2 str

6. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also orcs

7. Lex!

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    combat - not sure yet, haven't done battle maps ever really, i'll look into both and let you know later
    leveling - probably ill just level you guys up when i feel like it
    different stats for skills - yeah if it makes sense in the situation
    multiclassing - yes (but like. if you dont and you really want to, we can talk and figure out a reason)

as for knowing each other: the party first met recently, after they took the job. the campaign will start somewhere between meeting each other, and meeting the lord. but, if you want, characters can know each other from beforehand

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  8. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    For clarification, we get the feat when we create the character, right?

9. Lex!

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yes

10. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    excellent

11. Nikolai Mael

Nikolai Mael A mess of clockwork, a loss of time CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’ll join, if you’ll have me. I’ll have to look over the finer details in a bit.

12. Lex!

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    sure

13. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    some "pretty bad" stats
    upload_2020-7-28_20-34-11.png

upload_2020-7-28_20-34-49.png

14. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
  15. Nikolai Mael

Nikolai Mael A mess of clockwork, a loss of time CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rolled stats here
    upload_2020-7-28_18-23-55.jpeg

16. Tsukiji

unknown.png
    unknown-1.png

17. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  18. Lex!

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Made a discord! Send me a forums PM and I'll send you the link.

19. Tsukiji

Why did you swap stats? Your first set surpassed the second one by far,

20. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Swapped stats cus too high i feel

Playing with that feels boring when u dont have weaknesses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.