Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Archer/Hunter Help Skill Points

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Kelli04, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelli04

Kelli04 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with where to place my skill points as an archer and also what build I should use (armor, jewelry, weapons, etc.) as well. also what level I should start focusing on those things.
    ~ thanks :D

Isabeau37 and Melkor like this.
  2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It depends how you want to play- different classes don't benefit any more than one another depending on skill points. You can always change them by using a couple of soul points, or by buying a Skill Reset Scroll at a place called Elkurn.

The main things that skill points affect is gear requirements. Pick a couple skill points- to begin with I'd recommend either Strength, Defense, or Intelligence personally- and see what the kind of gear you can use ends up specing into. If you don't like it, you can change any time.

3. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ask for a build on this forum when you approach lv100

outside of that, intelligence is usually best but just avoid two common mistakes that i see new players make:

1. invest in more than one element (eg. int+agi). single-elemental builds don't work well past midgame.
    2. keep the reqs on your equipment consistent. don't use a dex+int armor if you're already using one with str+def. you should generally keep to 2-3 elements (4+ works but it requires a lot of thought and consideration).

4. Kelli04

Minecraft:
    thankyou guys I appreciate the insight. I have invested my skill points in most of elements especially int. other than that they are pretty spread out evenly for the time being.

5. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For asking for a build you mostly don’t need one until Lvl 90+ (As Qzphs says), just use what you have and you should be fine.

(if you’re looking to invest in decent gear that will scale nicely with your level until endgame I highly suggest investing in the morph set, rings first, then boots, pants, bracelet, amulet, and chest plate. You don’t have to wear the full set, just whatever is the highest lvl of gear you can wear. It’ll all cost around 2 LE, so not affordable early game, this is just advice I wish I’d been told)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  6. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bit of a nitpick but this depends a lot on the player (hence why i said "approaching lv100")
    if you are lootrunning and/or progressing rapidly then you should consider your endgame options earlier on
    i had a friend who got most of his endgame pieces at lv50

7. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In my humble opinion, ignore the "wait until endgame to make a build" crowd. Use items and skillpoints that fit the playstyle you like. You don't need to make a meta build and use the optimal, perfect armor piece every time you level up, but generally keeping a build that is consistent (by which I mean with itself, not that you keep the same build over the entire game) makes the game a bit easier and, in my opinion, more fun. I personally like the stereotypical thunder/air/water for archer, but that's obviously entirely up to you.

Isabeau37, Redpo and Qzphs like this.
  8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd ignore the people saying "don't both building til Lv 90". Sure that's when builds matter MOST, but there's no reason not to make them earlier- just using XP bonus gear to blaze past everything sort of loses the point of things. Do what you'd prefer instead of just blitzing to the endgame.

Isabeau37, Saya, one_ood and 5 others like this.
  9. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you can make builds pre-endgame if you insisted. the problem is that you generally outgrow any non-endgame build that you do make before you have any real opportunity to utilise it.

also wanted to clarify that not using a build is not equivalent to using XP bonus gear to blaze past everything. melkor and i already elaborated on this.

Isabeau37 likes this.
  10. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A new player probably won't outgrow builds too quickly, since your first playthrough takes a lot longer usually.

Isabeau37 likes this.
  11. Qzphs

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    again, depends on the player
    from my experience it's not the case at all but i get what you're saying

Isabeau37 likes this.
  12. Kelli04

Minecraft:
    I will keep all of this in mind! thankyou all for the help :) as for the morph set I have accidentally started collecting the pieces and may just stick with the set for now. I dont want to go out of my way completely to find a specific set just yet.

Isabeau37 and Qzphs like this.
  13. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry to barge in after the discussion is basically over, but make sure to learn what the skillpoints actually do.

Strength and Dexterity are really weak in comparison to the other three, but Defense and Agility only really come online in large quantities. Intelligence is just absurdly strong since better spellcosts are so big.

Of course, this is AFTER you put in points to be able to equip your gear.

TL;DR: Dump points in intelligence, use mana tables for the thresholds (but maybe even just dump everything in int since you'll level up anyway)

Isabeau37, Kelli04 and Qzphs like this.
  14. Menge

Menge Travelled Adventurer

I just started as an archer (I am trying every single class) and I was wondering the same thing.
    What skills should I put my skill points into?
    Excuse my mega noob-ness and Thanks!

15. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whatever you'd like. I'm personally partial to thunder/water/air, but I use a rainbow archer, and I know that both earth and fire are good. It really just comes down to what playstyle you like.

16. Kelli04

Minecraft:
    thankyou for the input! i have most of my SP in intelligence because i use my spells A LOT obviously lol i kinda have skill points in everything the lowest is strength, but i do put some in there for the extra boost in damage. im thinking about collecting the morph set as the stats i feel would benefit me in all aspects.

ToKuZu likes this.
  17. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My advice applies to every class btw

18. Menge

Menge Travelled Adventurer

]

So I should focus on water, air and fire?

Qzphs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.