Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are You Fucking Kidding Me

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Ascended Kitten, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Well I guess it boils down to why there was no watchdog for this issue in the entire team. Glowbulb has been abused for 4 months now(yes I am against glowbulb and how OP it is believe it or not). Ands it syncs up with the narrative that nobody is paying any attention to guilds.

Edit: this isn't the first time this has been brought up. This has been a popular talking point for weeks now in the developer discord. so why or how is it only being adressed or even further looked into now? I'm not mad at any of the CT members for not being informed on this, it's just hard believe that a proper system exists within the wynnteam to spot these kind of issues while there really should be one. (this circles back to a lack of wynnteam-community interaction and transparancy)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    7DaysAgo, Triverr and Drew1011 like this.
  2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    See what annoyed me was that I explicitly mentioned this territory when giving my notes to the GM that then made them after I left. After reminding said GM later on, he stated that they had no intentions of changing it. I continued to complain in the Wynn discord and to a buncha ppl for literal months and finally it took half a riot to get it to someone's attention.
    Don't get me wrong I appreciate the fix, but it definitely wasn't done earlier cause no one was aware, it's that no one thought it worth fixing.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Hei, Tekenen, 7DaysAgo and 8 others like this.
  3. 111kittycat111

111kittycat111 CAT

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    PVP builds take all the fun out of having a build because it's downright stupid to use anything that's not untradable or mythic

4. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @yuuenchi2 can confirm this lmao

yuuenchi2 likes this.
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am baffled at the fact that apparently CT wasn't aware of this. I've logged on for maybe a few hours at most over the last several months, mostly just hanging in classbuilds stuff, and even I am well aware of glowbulb.

6. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh no kio what have you gotten yourself into

cirogg and Kiocifer like this.
  7. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's one thing having a temporarily broken region (that has in a very short period of time ruined the game) than to having an entire guild system broken and a clueless CT who seem to take pleasure in keeping every single player in the dark about what updates lie round the corner..

Forget /fix quests

we want /fix game

8. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Posting threads is and has always been the best way of communicating with the ct, while we always try to read the discord etc, getting an entire about an issue helps clarify what it is and helps us discuss it internally. Discord messages are short so the forums always helps more with the feedback-related stuff.

So to help with communication, if u have any guild-related issues you can always message me with more details explaining the issues and I can forward it to the team. Note that dev-related issues are always harder and as this was an issue that the ct could fix it was easier.

FinnDestren, Lumia, cirogg and 2 others like this.
  9. urbymine

Guild:

That is something I like. Thank you for the response. Let us hope for improvements from both sides.

Kiocifer likes this.
  10. EnderJay456

EnderJay456 Aphelion Immigrant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I, as a defender of guild equality, announce that from today I will be camping void valley to make sure no newly made or unworthy guilds make our guild history invalid, I will make sure our past will remain untouched, our present remains clean, and our future remains bright enough for more history to be done!!

11. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks, I appreciate that something is finally happening.

Kinda sucks it took so long though bc the damage is already done now

at least it won't get worse :/

Corruptplex likes this.
  12. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This entire message better be sarcastic or consequences :O

13. EnderJay456

EnderJay456 Aphelion Immigrant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    somewhat a meme, I have swore to destroy newly made guilds that attempt to destroy guild history by the abuse of this exploit

14. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    What guild got 20bil in a day btw?

15. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fox got 19.5 bil in a day, I believe she rounded it up though

16. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Have other guilds been exploiting GlowBulb cave besides Fox? If so what guilds?

17. Sheepn

Sheepn life CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What has wynn come too when the guild community is changed from ignored to barely listened too.

Mox gang uwu likes this.
  18. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cath isn't targeting Fox. She used an example of a time when Fox did glowbulb, although they did not really exploit it insanely, even when they had the opportunity to. For the past few days, wars were locked and Fox owned void valley. They could have glowbulbed uninterrupted, but they didn't because they wanted to get higher legitimately.

Besides, they are already a high level from years of effort. The main concern is that newer/lower level guilds can level up instantly and climb within what would have otherwise taken months or years.

Some guilds were able to exploit their way to the top bc of glowbulb cave being in the territory, and it just broke the leveling system. That is the main frustration.

sandra likes this.
  19. Lumia

Lumia Making your potatoes since 2002. CT Manager HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I would like to give some clarification about this specific instance that I believe only I can give. The issue with the Glowbulb being way too good a grind spot was known by the people who needed to know. I know this because I was the one who needed to know about it. I was in charge of building and managing the out of quest gameplay for Silent Expanse, caves, grind spots, and the dungeon. The reason the Glowbulb cave was not fixed was not totally due to ignorance, it was a miscommunication. Another Gm was tasked with making the cave, and when Silent Expanse was being tested, the glowbulb cave was shown to be way too good. So I went and nerfed it. I nerfed the xp and made the mobs harder. At the time, keep in mind this was on the beta server, the guild xp problem was not totally known, but it was known that the spot was too good for xp in general. However, I nerfed the spot way too much, like it was basically useless. So the GM who originally made it went back and tried to balance it out more. It was tested and thought to be alright. Obviously it was not. The thing is, I am not a systems designer, nor do I work with guilds. I work with level design and mob/bosses, so I was not the one who could know about the guild issue. So this ended up being a weird comedy of errors, where we did know about the issue, however, because it is not my job to work with systems and guild stuff, I didn't really know about this particular part of the problem. I don't say that out of laziness by the way, I mean I literally do not have the hours to work wynn as a part time, nearly full time, job and do school and still sleep. I often work 12 hour days for wynn, and it does hurt to see people calling me and my fellow CT members lazy, when I know they all do the same.

Most often, the CT does listen to feedback and bugs reports (basically every complaint said here is already known, and it not being ignored) it is just we really can not address them in the way that is often requested. I personally have fixed many bugs and issues that have been reported in the past few months, but you will not get to see the fixes until the next update. Because we can not just push some stuff without pushing everything. I know in the past we have kind of done this sometimes, but those were all weird and time consuming exceptions, not the rules. There are also many bugs that CT can not fix. We don’t code the game, we use scripting languages and build. Anything else needs a dev to fix it, and the dev’s already have so much stuff to do already that any bug will get added to the big list of stuff to fix. That list is so massive that it simply can not be done as fast as it is requested. We are not a AAA company with 100 devs and billions of dollars. And as any professional dev knows, nothing is a quick fix. Most fixes that are seen to take five minutes, especially fixes that need a dev, never do. And can sometimes go from 5 minutes to days of work. And sometimes stuff just can’t be fixed, and there is nothing we can do about it.

When reporting bugs it is best to tell the right people, and know that it will take a long time for it to be fixed. That is just how it works. We can’t spend time working on the game and give live updates about how the work is coming. Any game developer knows nothing is certain, and everything is very complicated. Ct can not give updates about everything, stuff changes, and for very good reason (just look at the old RTD announcement) -note below. And even if we did say, yo we fixed the bug, it could take 9 months for that fix to be pushed.

*RTD was pushed off because we deemed that the place was not good enough to be pushed. There were not enough quests, content, or anything, and if we tried to add more with the update, it would have delayed the update a long time. There would have been no dungeon, only 2 quests, no town, and almost nothing else if we simply pushed RTD with Eco update. So we cut it, and made Silent Expanse its own update. So that Silent Expanse could be made a good place. This kind of thing happens a lot, it’s just not told to you guys because we know it feels bad to be told something is coming, but then it doesn’t.

The CT is just not a cabal of idiotic lazy people picking our noses and scoffing at the rabble. It is much more complicated than that.

We listen to the guild community, and the community at large, we often just can't do much to help, sorry.

20. urbymine

Guild:
    I could be very wrong but I think the more longterm players would rather get to hear why certain things are not coming out or are a low priority on the to-do list than recieve silence. I think silence, as i mentioned before makes people speculate which tends to culminate into some of the longer standing opinions about the wynnteam that have been shared in this thread.

I understand the wynnteam likes to hide it's content updates so they can eventually build up hype when it is nearing completion. but aside from those bigger content updates, i think the community would love to at least hear which certain bugs are on the developers radar and which are going to take a while longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.