Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are You Fucking Kidding Me

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Ascended Kitten, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istoleyourcatlol

istoleyourcatlol Professional Pot Breaker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This was a nice read. I do hope this draws more attention to the matter

2. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wouldn't it be sick if every guild agreed to stay in hunted mode permanently?

StormKing3 and 99loulou999 like this.
  3. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Toxo users: *Heavy Breathing*

4. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah to be honest I don't have much faith with guilds anymore. Though I think it is unfair to blame the CT for this, guilds are primarily developer work.

I wish we had something like jpresent's lunchtable again, it was productive, friendly, and guilds received a massive update.

5. Triactic

Minecraft:
    Just use bomb spam lmfao. Seriously tho agreeing to play in hunted with other guilds could add another layer to combat and make pvp builds more prominent.

6. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd like to start off with saying that I am not a part of the guild community, and I really never have been. Sure, I've warred here and there, had some people message me telling me to stop taking over Durum Isles when I get bored, so on and so forth, but I have never actively been a part of it. That's really not because of the stigma that "LOL GUILDS ARE TOXIC" that apparently a lot of people seem to have, hell really the only time I've seen someone in a guild be toxic is that one guy who got mad that I took over Corkus after they took back Tree Island, which shoutouts to that guy that was hilarious (I forget your name though, no offense), but because I just prefer playing alone.

But yes, this is stupid. It's mostly because of this:
    Grind spots currently are largely unbalanced once you hit the late game and beyond. The level 80 grind spots being worse than Living Scrap is a pretty clear example as to why. As you all know already, Glowbulb dominates the endgame grinding scene when in a party, although CUR is still more popular for the average player because it can be abused at lower levels. Glowbulb solo grinding isn't good in my experience unless you're a Shaman/Archer, but in parties...what the hell. I may not be in a guild, but I can assure you that I am well aware of how stupid that would be for guild grinding, given it's 3* xp to the guild.

So yes, please delete this territory.

But really, some of you need to calm the fuck down. It's a video game. Most of the staff team doesn't even have involvement in this kind of shit anyways, so throwing every staff team under the bus is quite laughable, really. You probably are blaming the Administration (haha funny meme) more than the entire CT, but it certainly comes off that way when reading this. Note that this only applies to a minuscule amount of the replies here though.

This is more of a just a piece of advice from me, because if you turn this into a direct attack on the CT (like that one thread on reddit before it got deleted that legit no joke said a CT member deserved to be publicly executed for making Shadow of the Beast in its title), or at least it can be perceived that way to a degree, you bet your ass this thread is getting locked.

tl;dr Glowbulb being a territory in its current state is idiotic and guilds hopefully will get more attention in the future.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Saya, aFireBlaze, Makajoto and 17 others like this.
  7. Rothboy

Rothboy Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with this post. The only thing that keeps me, and many other endgame players, playing wynn are guilds. I kind of like the wars a they are, but not because it is a good system (no, it is really bad), because you cant die in filler wars and this enables me to chat nonstop with guild mates. For me, the problem is that wynncraft doent even keep this system because they think it is good, but because they dont want to make effort to change it. Im not saying it is lazyness, the CT has lots of things to do, it is more like a wrong prioritization. Guilds are a big part of why endgame players keep playing wynncraft, please give it more attention!

Asthae likes this.
  8. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Thank you mr. Shapiro!

StormKing3, Asthae and Shots like this.
  9. Triactic

Minecraft:
    Maybe to make wars more interesting, maybe, just fucking MAYBE CTs could change up the costs of guards so that level 100 mobs are actually worth placing and level 50s not worth. It's not even that hard to do. literally just change hp and damage and you're good.

10. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Nobody would have any need to make assumptions about who's to blame if we were given any anwsers about the balance and design of guilds and guildwars. Instead the administration and CT team elect to remain completely silent, which invites those who are upset to speculate the worst. (AKA: admins and CT's don't care if guilds even exist or not). If the administration allowed the devs and CT's to be more transparant about why certain things remain broken for month no, years then people wouldn't be firing blindly at whoever they think is to blame.

11. ListenOrElse

ListenOrElse not the LORDE HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Quite understandable. I am the leader of a newly formed guild, and has holding some battles with Eden before they got obliterated by the Empire of Sindria, Emorians, and Nerfuria a few days ago. they did gain their territory back, and i've been thinking about holding war with them on territory again so that my newly joined players can grind at the roots of corruption again.
    I agree with you, on the guild war being too boring part. The ONE 3 hour battle I held with Eden pretty much disabled my fingers for the rest of the day. I had to hard carry my team as a shaman, and at the time, I only had 5 players in my guild, all participating in this war.

12. DeathLucifer

DeathLucifer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I say most of the community I mean the guilds/people who actively care about guilds, alliances, and such. People who have no interest in guilds wouldn't care for territories or am I mistaken? it has no affect for people who care not for guilds so by me saying "most of the community" I mean the active and dedicated members who enjoy/play guilds daily.

13. ListenOrElse

ListenOrElse not the LORDE HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thing is, as a part of a newly formed guild, level 50 mobs are the only mobs we even have ACCESS to, my guild not even being able to afford 1.5k emeralds per battle makes the whole territory hard to defend.

14. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Calling the guild community a "circlejerking community" only gives people who ARE toxic in guilds more reason to BE toxic toward those who call it stuff like this, try to be polite when you can, even when others aren't, thats what I've learnt from my time here ^^

TheEpicCajun, Rothboy, Shots and 4 others like this.
  15. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey, thanks for the thread. I actually wasn't aware this was an issue in the first place, so thanks for letting us know. We're moving the territory a bit so it doesn't include that cave and it should be patched soonTM, I'll keep y'all updated. Thanks for the feedback again, really appreciate it.

Verle, thepicferret, pogge5 and 26 others like this.
  16. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you Mr. Pepo!

17. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Why does this "I" bother me? Is there nobody else who has the ability to notice issues in the community? Even if this is an isolated incident, this is far from the only problem.

18. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thabk you mr pepo

111kittycat111 and Pally like this.
  19. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well the thread was posted like 2 hours ago so I guess that's fast enough

Jbip, HalfCat_, Pally and 2 others like this.
  20. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities Modeler ✎ Artist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    (I'd like to preface that this is my own personal understanding, and I'm just some broccoli man so my opinion is arguably invalid.)

Given that there's not many CT actively in the guild community, I don't think we really see the problems that arrise on the guild side of things; glowbulb for single players or groups of players is a somewhat challenging, albeit rewarding grind spot, but due to the existence of dungeons and quests its effectiveness is less extreme. However it wasn't really considered in terms of how a coordinated group of players with control of that territory could massively benefit in terms of guilds.

Personally for me, I knew vaguely of the problem of Glowbulb, but it didn't really click until now that there basically are no other similar grind spots included within territories besides maybe Dcave, and that the gap between the two is so extreme in terms of xp gain for guilds.

In terms of hearing feedback from the guild community, I'm not sure why this hasn't reached my ears earlier (I really can't speak on behalf of the CT since i'm just some Broccoli maker man), but there's some rift in communication between the two groups of people.

I'll personally try and check more of the lesser-seen places to piece together the problems that are easily fixable within guilds, but as far as I'm aware, no thread has been made about this specific issue (or at least if it has, it hasn't blown up as much as it did here), so really I'd just suggest making some threads to report the common problems within guilds that you feel are ignored by the CT.

zeldahuman, Asthae, 7DaysAgo and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.