Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's A Good Ratio Between Combat/gathering/crafting Levels?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Connor1736, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connor1736

Connor1736 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Right now I am level 24 combat, roughly level 20 for each gathering level, and level 10 for each crafting level. I'm wondering if this is a good ratio to have, or if all of my levels should be closer together, if it matters at all. I'm just curious what other players' levels are like compared to mine

2. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It just really depends how much you want to craft/make some people are like CL 20 with a total level of 500+

While I'm total level 180 at level 90

I'd say personally from time, 1 to 1. If your CL is 90, you'd want all of the skills at 90 so you can make level 90 stuff for you, but really you could just lootrun and buy those items from people

Connor1736 likes this.
  3. SoulBurned

SoulBurned eee HERO

Minecraft:
    On your first play through crafting and gathering isn’t really important at all, as it becomes a huge grind in the later levels, (multiple hours for a single level), so if you reach a high level and experience most of Wynn and still want to go gathering, go ahead by all means, but most people don’t go gathering/crafting at all.

4. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez hi i play hic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do agree, but the “multiple hours per level” is when you reach lvl 120+ iirc, and I wouldn’t expect him to reach this lvl anytime soon.

5. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    Also can use the bomb bot to find people using profession bombs and go to those servers in a hurry! Good luck @Connor1736 on your crafting hell adventure.

6. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    doing all profession levels isn't really intended, you can do them all if you'd like but many say it gets grindy. I recommend sticking to a minimum amount of gathering/crafting branches and using the market to cover other things you'd need, that way you'll be able to keep all levels fairly consistent.

7. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez hi i play hic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, lol
    I completely forgot to mention that since I’m just used to people who know about the bomb bots whenever I’m talking about professions xD

8. Connor1736

Minecraft:
    Where do I find this bomb bot? Is it something on the discord (I haven't joined it yet)?

My issue with this is that it seems that every crafting ingredient requires levels in other skills in order to be used. For example, if I wanted to specialize in scribing (just as an example), I would also need to level cooking, jeweling, alchemism, or tailoring in order to use the corn husk, spider eggs, bone ash, or horse mane, respectively. By specializing in one thing (or even a couple of things), it seems like your options are incredibly limited.

What do you mean by "using the market to cover other things you'd need"? Should I be using it to just get armor/gear I couldn't otherwise get, or to buy basic materials?

9. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ingredients don't require all professions on the ingredient, those just show what professions the ingredient can be used for. I just say you could buy stuff off the market, because that was kind of the intent. professions were made for the economy update as a way to drive the economy, players are expected to use the market for certain things they can't cover themselves; for example, you wanted to do tailoring but only have farming and fishing, you could buy the ingots from the market to cover it up. same goes for ingredients you don't feel like grinding for, or certain crafted items you wouldn't want to level a profession to make. this is one of the reasons why many think professions are super grindy, because they broaden their approach too much.

10. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    Bomb Tracker Disc: https://discordapp.com/invite/hbEpY2w

Crokee likes this.
  11. Connor1736

Minecraft:
    I see, thank you!

Thanks!

MegidoGamerGod likes this.
Thread Status: