Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event The Wynncraft Hunt, 2020!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Xhat, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Would you have any interest in competing for this?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoulartJJ

GoulartJJ Why am i still here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HELL YEAH, when do we start

boebim likes this.
  2. Xhat

Xhat Ex-Collectorator HERO

Minecraft:
    This is a fantastic idea! I like this.
    We might be able to get a prize pool with this idea; however, some people would like to keep the sets I’m guessing. Maybe make it so if they sell, they are able to win, and if they don’t, they keep the sets?
    Just an idea.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  3. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if ironman is already enforced, why would you keep sets
    also if ironman is enforced... and there are 64 untradable (obtainable afaik) setitems....

4. Xhat

Minecraft:
    I didn't think that response through -- That's true. Ironman should be enforced I suppose lol.
    The untradable ones can just be thrown out, for space I suppose? With video proof on Wynn. Some ideas.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  5. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    I was planning on using a new Warrior for this but now that I apparently won't get to use the bank page of armor I have for my warrior I might change my mind.
    Also not everyone can take video proof. *cough me cough*

BqwaOLD likes this.
  6. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    I guess it makes sense to enforce ironman, but my problem is I don't really want to waste all that time and effort on an ironman class, I'd rather be able to use the class as I want at the end of all this. Maybe you could make it either ironman or lots of video rec and other proof? idk

one_ood and Skylaar like this.
  7. Xhat

Minecraft:
    I apologize that this event excludes some people that plan for things -- I do it too, I have 2 bank pages full of sets for powerleveling. I just need people to be on the same level for this, because people with the most money (loot bonus for world drops, XP bonus for faster leveling, etc.) will have an innate advantage over other people.
    Also, I am totally OK if people use their phones, crappy webcams, etc. to get footage, it doesn't have to be pristine. As long as I can see.
    That's another good idea, as long as we can somewhat prove legitimacy, that's what we're going for.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  8. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If you have a Windows PC I have a really simple way for you to do it without downloading anything.

Endercomet likes this.
  9. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    could we just show pictures of all our bank pages and class inventories to show what sets we already have (and show stats, so we can prove that we got a second one)?

10. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    I think that Hunting Mode should be mandatory (everyone participating is going to have some hefty Wynn experience so the requirement isn't a big deal) and player hunting should be allowed & encouraged. Parties and teams could still work but it really emphasizes the competitive nature. Otherwise mob totem hunted mode VIP's are just going to take the cake: with player killing allowed, people can steal the sets they don't have and leech off the mob totems of anyone they kill. It encourages finding remote grinding spots and rewards map knowledge & pvp skill. It also diversifies builds a bit: maybe instead of focusing loot/xp bonus some people go full on PvP and hunt those in the lead. Maybe factions form between guilds and the top spots are protected by bodyguards. These sort of dynamics would make everything a lot more interesting and really fit the Borderlands vibe imo.

How are you going to enforce no-cheating without Ironman? I know bank space is needed but it's pretty much impossible to catch someone who snuck 2 Rarity's in. Given how convoluted the rules already are I'd say forcing Ironman then having people submit screenshots of full sets could work - maybe have a checkpoint system where people need like 5 sets in their inventory, which they can submit screenshots of then move on to the next or something.

As much as I love the idea there's not really a pretty way to make this work because there will always be people who get too competitive and cheat. Such is the nature of competition.

boebim and TS_potato like this.
  11. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    If there's no significant reward, there most likely won't be /as much cheaters though

12. Glenncrafter

Glenncrafter A Collector & Proud Veteran CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And you host this event after I threw all my sets away...

13. Xhat

Minecraft:
    Hey, thanks for all the feedback! This is fantastic. The rules are currently convoluted and that’s why there’s no set start date yet. We need to iron out the kinks, and these kinds of posts are the most helpful things out there.
    Hunted mode being required incentivizes new ways to play the game, with (hopefully) a large community competing, and that’s something I didn’t consider whatsoever. I am completely on board with this idea. I will be making a Discord server for this (I can’t advertise directly due to the new rules), so we can be more in touch as a community, and make rule changes much easier. Thanks again for all the feedback.
    Unfortunately, cheating is going to exist.. I wish a trust system could just work, but it’s doubtful. Like you said, there’s no huge reward, though I’d love to start sharing some of my wealth to the winners, I feel like that would just make cheaters, cheat.
    :eyes: The point is to collect on a new profile from scratch though

14. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just don't tell anyone that you are giving a prize, but if somebody completes it they get a prize anyways

Xhat likes this.
  15. Xhat

Minecraft:
    :eyes:
    A Discord has been created as well, an announcement to all watching the thread. I cannot post this publicly, if you would like to join, please send me a private forums conversation (Or add me on Discord, Zekuwu#0370)
    Due to the new rules, this Discord is a bit harder to get around, but hopefully we can build it up.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  16. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    “I knew that grinding out the relic sets before relics got removed was worth that time and the bank page I’m using to store it!”
    sees new class req

17. Xhat

Minecraft:
    I'll do a lil bump!

Endercomet likes this.
  18. boebim

boebim Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll do another one

19. Glock