Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

➤ The Artemis Alliance And Why It's Problematic To Me

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by VeeeKoooN, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeeeKoooN

VeeeKoooN Demon Forge Master of WFa - http://cpc.cx/r1b HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Disclaimer : I'm not here to flame anyone, to make war drama or to complain about how unfair it is, I'm just explaining my opinion (a little salty though) and making suggestions to let smaller guilds thrive and get bigger.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

➤ My thread begins with a little story :

Yesterday, I attacked an island owned by a not too big guild, because I learned my low level mate how to get a few money efficientely with the Corale Reef Treasure Merchant.
    Then a Chief from that guild came to me, and said :
    To be honest, that was the point I laughed out loud. Sounds funny, what can they really do ? We didn't cheated or transgressed the server rules at all, what could they really do ... ?

From what I answered :
    And he said back :

Here's the thing. The phrase I wouldn't hear anymore. Think a second; If an alliance controls mostly all of the map, with big guilds and fixed territories, how do small guild XP and level up ?

➤ Easy counters and what I'd like to answer

A possible answer to this thread could be :

A little bit too easy. Think more. My answer to that counter is : most of my members are 80 - lvl.

I hear you again ;

Oh, you mean scattered small territories all around the map, impossible to defend at the same time and mostly taken by big guilds ? Well, seems fair enough for a small guild; we'll have the bread crumbs. Wait, you were actually wanting us to not say a word about it ? Too bad, I'm an obstinated man as you can see !

upload_2020-3-9_10-28-31.png
    When you see this, there is no way you can't react. Or maybe you're a T-400 machine. Or maybe we're on the Matrix. Who knows ? Red pill for my time travel please, thanks !

➤ About alliances

I'm not saying that alliances are a bad thing, or needs to be countered.

I'm not saying either that we shall get out the big guilds who are in the map, or annoy them by sniping small guilds, for example FoX have a really hard part of the map to get, because of the strategic terrain they choose.

I'm saying that the map should be scattered, and shall not be controlled by a giant alliance where big guilds sets golden thrones for smaller guilds, and then they threaten to call their big brothers to come helping them.

Letting bigger FFAs and smaller guilds warring themselves to keep control of the map.
    Moreover, attached territories shall geve bonuses, such as reinforced mobs, but that's not the point of this debate.

➤ Luna Alliance

I remember the Luna alliance
    time where we joined, when it was the "Great War", here when they needed us, by defending Corkus for PUN / Gavel spots for IMP.

We were bound to them because we were on an alliance we needed so much to get territories, we could barely defend ourselves and we let our positions and territories to help bigger guilds during days ... at what cost ? Most of my guild people were tired of warring, and finally tired of playing. Soloing / Tryharding wars is a thing. When it was over, most of my mates left.

➤ Please, Tera alliance, big guilds (PUN / FOX / IMP)

Just don't. Don't make "big toddlers" like that. Let smaller guilds play in the kindergarten mud, fighting each other to get stronger, and not have a settled throne where they can simply say they gonna call their big bros to get against bullies.

➤ Final word

That's all for me, hope you'd enjoyed the thread, whether you agree or not feel free to comment, react or simply like / spread the word.

Have a nice day, VeeK'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

➤ One More Word (Edit)

Thanks everyone, who are answering the thread, saying good luck, giving advices, or even your point of view when you don't agree to this thread. I guess that's a wonderful view of the Wynn Community we've got there, an active and good willing people who can do big things together :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Dexmio, BanTheNons1, Jaso and 14 others like this.
  2. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    Ok, before anyone replies please agree to these terms: Let’s NOT start another argument

3. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So first of all I'd say if someone tells you that their territory was given to them by Artemis, I'd just ignore them, I mean I'm an Artemis member, not really a higher up or anything, but if you're not in the alliance you're not restricted from attacking any given territory, though depending on the guild they might take it back. Also small guilds are able to grow still, but if a powerful alliance is trying to control the map it doesn't make sense to give territories to smaller guilds just because they're smaller, they have to bring something to the table instead of being spoon fed territories.
    The guilds that control the map (and I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for saying this lmao) are typically the guilds that are more active, have more members, work harder etc. The "small guilds can't grow because EVIL artemis runs the map" argument is boring me at this point you accomplish nothing by saying "artemis greedy >:(". The Artemis alliance in my opinion shouldn't be responsible for everyone else because they're the ones in the position of power at the moment and if you genuinely think they should be you've probably never played a territory/guild based game with alliances before like factions or whatever.
    Fox doesn't choose their territories based on terrain btw lmao I don't think any guild ever has really, if a guild's terrain is difficult to navigate it makes it easier for enemy guilds if they have at least two guilds working together.
    If an alliance owns the map I don't think we should regulate how the territories are divided I think that's stupid, whoever's in the position of power should make the territory distribution rules, but that's a given. While you did help Luna, no matter whose side you're on "my guild people were tired of warring, and finally tired of playing" this will always be a negative and will not provide results, also you can't blame bigger alliances for not having territories, there have been multiple guilds who had proven themselves to be strong and were then accepted into Luna, Artemis or whatever alliance held the map at the time. If you are not strong enough to hold territories you won't be able to whether there's an alliance or not, forcing spots on the map for smaller guilds to hold as handouts is a stupid way to play the game in my opinion and I think that's the complete opposite of being productive towards a game with territories that help guilds grow.
    Final word: At some point every guild on the map was just a small guild who ended up working their way up to a position of power, let's not pretend every guild on there was a powerhouse from day one except for guilds that were created by already experienced and skilled warrers like Oys which is the first one that came to mind.

Aemor, burble, IceResistance and 18 others like this.
  4. Tekenen

Tekenen Professional Loser VIP+

Minecraft:
    and the essay long replies begin...

5. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i got it! In all seriousness, I saw the thread Nitro so naturally that's impossible. I'm considered a controversial figure around these parts not sure why :thonk:

IceResistance, BTK2000 and Cloud Man like this.
  6. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    Just a precaution, every damn time a thread like this is made we get an argument between like 30 people and it’s annoying and puts a bad impression on the guild community

H0Y likes this.
  7. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's already a bad impression of the guild community for a bunch of other irrelevant and small things tbh
    If you create a game with guilds that are fighting for territories which give guild boosting perks like xp and currency and expect there to be no conflict or rivalry then you don't have a ton of common sense to be quite honest. I like the competitive aspect of the game and it's why guilds are the ONLY reason I'm still playing this game after two years.

IceResistance, xMini_ and Luky0 like this.
  8. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    Only trying to help

9. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ik all good dude

10. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'd just like to say that the whole point of Wynncraft is to level/grind. So saying ''o most of my members haven't unlocked SE yet so we can't take those FFAs..'' is bullshit. You got to do stuff in order to level your guild, and if that means you have to unlock SE, you'll have to unlock SE.

and while i'm here, let me share the FFA list:
    - Detlas
    - Bob's Tomb
    - Battle tower
    - Herb Cave
    - Jungle Lake
    - Temple of Legends
    - Cinfras
    - Hive
    - Qira's Battle Room
    - Thesead
    - Lava Lake Bridge
    - Lava Lake
    - Molten Reach
    - Raider's Base Upper
    - Raider's Base Lower
    - Silent Road
    - Broken Road
    - Worm Tunnel
    - Gray zone
    - Forgotten Town
    - Sinister Forest
    - Forest of Eyes
    - Lutho
    - Paths of Sludge
    - Toxic Drip
    - Toxic Caves
    - Gateway to Nothing
    - Void Valley
    - Sacrifice
    - Bizarre Passage
    - The Gate

enough FFAs to take, I think

11. VeeeKoooN

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for your reactions, now it's time to "comment war"

[​IMG]
    *insert LOTR quote here*

Hello dear IMP member, I'm pleasantly suprised, moreover your arguments are true and founded (maybe a little bit of layout could had been comfortable, but nevermind).

I agree with what you said about "don't care about these small guilds that are saying it's our territory because Artemis gave us", we'll attack them anyway in the future I guess.

Being a part of an alliance need a counterpart, indeed ;) you're not alloying people to be fed spoon, that's not what I wanted to say. But more like "stop bullying me jeez or I call my grandpa Rick AND HE'S GONNA BLOW UP YOUR -censored- MIND"

Concerning Luna alliance, it's past, it's just a warning to other small guild who think they "need" an alliance

About your final word, yeah but no, you're forgetting about the war bug a long time ago ! Many guild became very powerful because of that ...

I hope to see you on the map ! Raiju's warring team incoming ! Have a nice day, and remember all of it is just a game ! Have fun, VeeK'

StormKing3 and xMini_ like this.
  12. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really it's just that once your guild becomes big enough it's the only logical thing to do, without a change in guild content it'll always happen.

Aemor, burble, IceResistance and 13 others like this.
  13. VeeeKoooN

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey dear Fox member; yeah let me develop my though; actually if my mates can't get to SE .... I'm forced to solo war. And it's pretty annoying, long, and the FFA is taken back 5 mins later ... So, this doesn't worth it !
    Oh hey Cath, our guild was big enough, but I'm planning to get it back :) I'm just spreading a word to other guilds that are not in the alliance and are discouraged to war ! Not planning to rebuild a great war either, just doing a forum purpose; explaining a point a view and trying to find solutions, ways to go out of a system that last for years !

14. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think anyone's bullying anyone here, we're just playing the game. If an individual is being toxic towards you, that's bullying not taking territories from you.

If you wanna bring up the war bug, Hax (and TNL iirc, I wasn't around at the time) were the biggest beneficiaries of that and they aren't in the big scary evil map controlling artemis alliance.

Also something that was just brought up by one of my guild mates was that the FFAs on the map are literally the best territories and the territories that everyone (or most people) agree that are too good for one guild to hold all the time.

15. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well hello yes.

Clearly I am the chief who messaged you but you are making me sound worse than I am ;c

Don't quote stuff if its not the exact thing I said.

Also what's wrong with letting smaller guilds into the alliance? I don't get your point.

Epicness937, Luky0 and Hei like this.
  16. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    *I told myself I wouldn’t, but here I go anyways*

I do like the enthusiasm from smaller guilds *cough* Alpha *cough* and it’s cute to see newer guilds warring and being super confident. However, there are a lot of guilds like you, and I sadly watch them all end with the same fate, they end up disappearing.

Sadly for you, bigger guilds won’t give up their own territories, or allies territories, because that’s what allies do. If you were a country and some kid came up to you and said “It’s not fair that you own all this land, why can’t my country of Picklericklandia have some of it” you'd just ignore them. Sounds fair in this context, but replace country with guild and Picklericklandia with your guild and it all of a sudden sounds crazy? Doesn’t add up to me.

I won’t bore you with any more criticism, all I can say is the best way to get land is to grow your own guild, recruit a large warring team, level up, and make a name for yourself. Then, I’m sure one day, you’ll get what you desire. Or not...I’m just a captain, I don’t make the rules.

Good luck my friend!

17. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FFAs are wanted by everyone and not just Artemis guilds go for them and snipe them as soon as they get a chance. You're not forced to solo war, if there's no one else with you, you don't have to war and can wait until you get more people, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but most things you're saying here just represent a mind set of giving up pretty easily or at least that's my take.
    "Oh hey Cath, our guild was big enough" it clearly wasn't if you didn't accomplish what you wanted to, no one's actively trying to discourage anyone here and if you are anyways that shouldn't be pinned on Artemis. I don't see a need to try and make a forum post to suggest knocking successful guilds down a peg through regulation because smaller guilds aren't achieving as much and furthermore I don't find it productive either.
    I'll leave off with one thing just because it's 6 am, I have yet to sleep and I'm a little bit angry, these types of "big alliance SUCK" threads are posted like once every few months and never change or accomplish anything and it's always just a smaller guild throwing out easily debunked arguments about how big guilds and alliances are immoral and they kill the game experience and they're the reason we can't grow blah blah blah. All of the time you spent writing an essay about why Artmis is problematic is time you could've spent working on your own guild to either gain the strength to prove you can provide help to artemis which artemis will then return to you in the form of terrs or do the same, but join another alliance that might take Artemis down who knows. There is and never will be anything productive through making these threads and they will never accomplish anything either.

18. BisexualDog

BisexualDog Boogie Boy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Maybe it's because the guild community IS bad :thonk:

Hesnilo, Spinel, Iboju and 2 others like this.
  19. wish

wish I eat pizza upside down HERO

Minecraft:
    Not sure why you made a thread. Once your guild is significant enough its logical to join an alliance.

First of all, your argument that "SE is fully lvl 100 and my members are lower level" is just invalid. Grind to level 100. Stop complaining and play the game. You have to work for stuff and a successful guild doesn't come out of thin air

There's FFAS. You can literally capture The Gate, set guild xp to 100% and get a LOT of xp. Also bulb cave farming is a thing. Mind you both these territories are FFAS. Take Ignixtrom (Inx) for example, they were only created months ago and now hold territories as a guild that built themselves bottom up independently.

I think complaining about alliances claiming territories isnt really accomplishing anything. With time and effort, small guilds still flourish under the current alliance system as per my example above.

Every guild, including Imp and Fox that is high level and powerful also started as nothing. So current small guilds should do the same. Instead of being held under the mindset that you are helpless. Every single guild enemy or ally has worked hard on their progress.

I think you shouldn't dedicate your time complaining about a system that has been widely accepted for years because I'm sure that with effort you can make a guild work under the current system. You just need motivation and probably lots of caffeine lmao.

burble, Maronee, Yugito and 3 others like this.
  20. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do guild tryhards only talk in wall of texts?

thepicferret, Shin T, Tsuneo and 36 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.