Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Buying Alkatraz And Godly Sizzeling Shawl

Discussion in 'Trade Market' started by TheGiantSpider, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGiantSpider

TheGiantSpider Warp gang HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looking for the following stats:

Alkatraz:
    30+ melee dmg
    30+ earth dmg

Sizzeling Shawl:
    Godly hpr, spell dmg's and fire dmg

Send offers down below or dm me on discord: Straatmeneer#6909

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    SmileyAlec likes this.
  2. Jaseque

Jaseque Wynncon & Spell Forged CT HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was in the market for a Pure at one point. DON'T GET IT, IT SUCKS. However, it can't be bad because it has such high spell damage, right? WRONG! Pure has such low base damage that the spell damage doesn't do that much. It does as much as an ethereal. Just use Cascade, Event Horizon, Overgrown, Ethereal, etc..

3. TheGiantSpider

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well it can do 14k meteors with a good build and that's decent but I mainly want it for the major id wich is really good.

4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can do 3 times as much dmg with pure because the meteors fall 3 times faster... means that you could say: Etheral: 14k Pure: ~35-40k

Vendenar, Melkor and TheGiantSpider like this.
  5. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Excuse me, wut?

Pure does more DPS (not damage, DPS) than most Legendaries its level and more, incluing some of the Mythics! Sure, Pure has less damage, but

I also remember a guildmate saying "Pure is the 3rd best mage mythic in game(?)", behind Fatal and Singularity. And those two do batshit insane Meteor damages (case in point for Fatal, build not optimal so more work can be done on it).

Meteors normally take 1.5 seconds to fall. Entropy cuts this time by 66%. You'll be slinging three meteors by the time any other wand's meteor lands - effectively tripling your DPS if you can get good mana regen/steal to continue fueling this insane spellcasting spree.

6. Jaseque

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's bad. I have 9/4 ms and 3/4 mr, 19k health, and 20k meteor with my build. Pure is bad

7. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are COMPLETELY ignoring the major ID

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    neffets, Iboju, Sad Song and 4 others like this.
  8. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your guildmate is absolutely right. Pure is the 3rd best Mythic weapon for mage. It requires a good build and some spellcasting skills but it does much more dmg than \/
    your 20k meteor build. I have a pure build with 14k meteors 15000 health, 14/4 mana regen and some good elemental defenses. Your build is bad in comparison.

9. LegendPlay

LegendPlay Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Y'all bad pure succ

Elephat and Jaseque like this.
  10. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd make the case that it's better than singu and maybe even better than fatal; it can get similar dps without being as glassy and have better intel/mana.

11. TheGiantSpider

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Like the others said because of the major id your dps is way higher with pure caus you can spam meteors more.

ZockerCam likes this.
  12. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't say pure is better than Fatal because of the +1 meteor cost which requires more mana in a build. I would say it is similar-good but not better than Fatal. The bad thing about pure is the fact that you need a good one to reach such a level of dmg like Fatal... I'ts not important if a fatal is good or bad but a pure has to be good. A pure below 400% spell dmg isn't as good as a Fatal. But also a pure with less than 400% spell dmg is better than other weapons like Monster, Lament...
    A godly pure can be better than Fatal but not the average pure

TheGiantSpider and Castti like this.
  13. TheGiantSpider

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damm could I see that build?

Melkor likes this.
  14. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just saw that the build got a little worse because Ornate items got worse. 13.5k intead of 14k meteors now...and ok elemental defense. My build has some more elemental defense because I use another crafted item
    Here's the build: https://www.wynndata.tk/s/h2dep7
    btw you could use "anyas Penumbra" to reduce the cost of meteor and get one more mana-steal but sacrifice 1/4 mana regen

TheGiantSpider likes this.
  15. TheGiantSpider

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah I see. Still a very nice build tho ty.

ZockerCam likes this.
  16. AmbassadorDazz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think we're deviating this from the intended purpose here, the guy just wants to buy a Pure.

Interesting discussion, though.

ZockerCam and TheGiantSpider like this.
  17. Jaseque

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I‘m understanding correctly, the meteor falls 3x faster, not 3x as often. Therefore, it would only do the damage sooner and not more. Your cast rate is the same with both wands, it doesn‘t just magically triple because it falls faster.

18. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you can cast faster too

19. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    As soon as meteor lands, you can cast again that's how the spell works.

20. AmbassadorDazz

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because it falls faster and sooner, its effective cast rate (not actual cast rate) is increased. Think of it as a benchmark of sorts, how many successful (cast to landing) meteors can I theoretically fit into one minute?

Normally, a meteor takes 1.5 seconds to fall. Pure does an average of 5989 damage with Meteor and without any items or stat modifications. Obviously, it's lower than Singu, Lament, Fatal, Monster, Warp and even Gaia on its own, being the lowest damage Mage Mythic in the game.

Lowest damage, until you factor in Entropy, for DPS.

Let's compare the damage/second values from pre-Entropy Pure and post-Entropy Pure:

Pure w/o Entropy: ~4012 DPS, assuming all Meteors are cast perfectly
    Pure w/ Entropy: ~11.978 DPS, assuming all Meteors are cast perfectly

Graph if you're interested. (courtesy: Desmos)

Fatal does a mighty powerful 10.728 damage w/ Meteors, granted no powders, no items and no stats are altered, and stat restrictions are ignored. This gives an unmodified Fatal almost twice the DPS of Pure w/o Entropy.

With powders (all T6), Fatal does a staggering 13.726 damage w/ Meteors, without further alterations.

Now, how about a build proper? Both Fatal and Pure have somewhat compatible builds, in that you can run both of them on the same build.

Fatal (Benchmarks: Minimum 8608, maximum 45170 damage Meteor (factoring crits in), 4 manacost Meteors, 1.5s Meteor cast time)
    Pure (Benchmarks: Minimum 11231, maximum 19246 damage Meteor (factoring crits in), 5 manacost Meteors, 0.5s Meteor cast time (+Entropy))

Note that neither build is optimized and are for benchmarking purposes only.

Assuming we have infinite mana, Fatal will deal 7229.04 - 30097.76 DPS, while Pure will deal 25778.93 - 40941.27 DPS. (Assuming crits deal 1.33x damage)

Mistakes may have been made benchmarking these mythics, but for the most part these assumptions should be accurate.

I suppose this needs a thread on its own, enough sabotaging the buying thread.

CORRECTION: A non-upgraded (Level III) Meteor falls in 1 second flat. Entropy cuts that time in 70-75%, to a mere 0.25 seconds. Re-calculate all DPS values seen if you wish, as I already made the point... I think?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.