Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Auction From The Bottom

Discussion in 'Trade Market' started by DeathbyPing, Feb 26, 2020.

Tags:
?

Have you done the quest, From the Bottom?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathbyPing

DeathbyPing I NEED IGNIS VIP+

Minecraft:
    Money - something we all crave and love. Just like any other MMORPG, a large part of Wynncraft focuses, or should I say depends, on the flourishing trade market. Those who wish to achieve the dream of endless wealth face a tough question: Should they spend endless hours trying to find a item worth an immeasurable amount of wealth, or should they with their skills of negotiating and trading, slowly work their way up from the bottom and make immense accomplishments in the trade market? I choose the latter.

The trade market, as we know of today, is a place where the players themselves govern the platform and conduct fair and honest businesses with each other. There is no, and shouldn't be influences from higher authorities - that's what makes Wynncraft such a beautiful place. We are ultimately the ones who decide on the prices of every item, as well as the ones who trade and use them. It is the very fact that we are the ones who decide on the trading, and not a regulated human-to-NPC store system, that makes the economy of Wynncraft work.

This brings me to my next point. Wynncraft players are able to simulate the real-life trading experience - the idea of supply & demand, the rise and drop in prices, and price negotiations between traders. Trading has another rule: Any item should be allowed to be sold at any price, as long as there are buyers on the other end. It doesn't matter what the item is, and what its "true" value is. The trade market will be broken and fixed into the previously stated human-to-NPC system controlled by the highest authority if items were to be forced to be sold at certain prices.

But there will be problems with scams and overpricing items, right? Well, to answer that we must revert back to the idea that Wynncraft's market is a player-governed one. Traders should be well aware that trading has its risks. To enter the world of trading, players should actively price check items and ask for advice on the forums and discord - there will be plenty of friendly players that will help them. It should, in my opinion, only when illegal items appear on the market, when the authority should intervene, just like they do in real-life.

Of course, this is an auction thread, which means that I must have something to auction - or else it would be unsuitable for this to be here. In memory of one of my favorite quests, From the Bottom, I will be auctioning 10 Troll Hair. I feel that this quest created by the talented Wynncraft team shows how one could trade their way from nothingness to a substantial amount of wealth; it is a somewhat metaphor for what one could accomplish in Wynncraft. The starting bid is at 1LE (just as much as you get from 10 Troll Hair in the real quest), the minimum increase for this auction is 32 EB, and the auction ends at March 3rd 6PM. There is no buy-off value. I might also give the winner some troll hair.

May the ones who seek wealth rise from the bottom.

All Hail the Wynncraft Trade-Market!
    Also going to mention that I in no way am saying that Wynncraft should allow the filthy acts of scamming and tricking players - I have been scammed before and I know how it feels. I'm saying that traders should beware of risks when they enter an open environment and protect themselves, on top of the rules asserted by the authority.

Troll hair is not a useless item - It is for those who wants to spare the time of grinding troll hunters at the canyon entrance - which was quite time consuming for me. At the end of the From the Bottom quest, the player earns 1 LE, and so if the 10 troll hair is sold at such price the player basically negates the losses of money from this trade, as well as earns full xp for completing a quest. In addition to this, when I first did the level 80 quest, I actually had a lot of problems grinding the troll hair as I had really bad items as an assassin and was struggling to avoid the phoenixes' flamethrowers (they spawn a lot at that region), since I don't live in the US and have a lot of lag. I would definitely have bought the troll hair if it wasn't for the trade market being down at that time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Asthae, SmileyAlec, Yugito and 4 others like this.
  2. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    sorry to burst your bubble about the tm but i don't think anyone's going to buy 10 troll hair for 1 le

StormKing3 and It's Me! like this.
  3. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    item buyer might buy for like 40e

also lmao my mans wrote a fucking essay

Asthae, btdmaster, Take and 3 others like this.
  4. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I was thinking at first, "wait this isn't an auction" then I read:
    lol

one_ood and It's Me! like this.
  5. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    People do actually do profit reselling all the time... I honestly don't know what the point of this thread is, is it just to say we should all resell stuff for profit?
    Also, reselling mythics for profit is one of the best ways to make money. Start with a cheap one, and you'll work up enough to be reselling discos and stratis

6. DeathbyPing

Minecraft:
    I just wanted to sell some troll hair

Lexwomy likes this.
  7. Foven

Foven Praise the Moon HERO

Minecraft:
    what boomer kidnapped you and forced you to write a rhetorical analysis of the wynn economy

Asthae and StormKing3 like this.
  8. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    thats perfectly fine but 1 le for 10 troll hair is unreasonably high

9. DeathbyPing

Minecraft:
    But troll hair isn't the core message of the text; It could hardly be considered to have any importance, merely serving its place as a disguise. To understand the meaning within, the audience must thoroughly analyze the text to determine the purpose and value which it holds. I crave wealth, but I will in no ways beg for it - as "free" as the market itself is, I still must follow the rules of both the higher authority and my own principles.

10. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    what the fok

StormKing3 likes this.
  11. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Supply and demand is one of the most basic terms you learn in like, GCSE business. It's not as if you've just created an excellent professor worthy essay, it's ok but you shouldn't be blowing your own trumpet so much. Although, I admire the time it must have taken you to write all of that (even if the troll hair is a very iffy and weird thing to sell, and I don't think each piece of troll hair is worth 6 and a half emerald blocks)

12. DeathbyPing

Minecraft:
    You learn basic principles of supply and demand in primary school, but all that before's just bluff-talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.