Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Potential Build Team Application

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by _Unbeatable_, Feb 22, 2020.

?

Do I have the potential to be accepted into the Wynncraft build team?

1. No

5.7%
  2. Yes

48.6%
  3. Maybe

28.6%
  4. You have potential but haven't included enough pictures

17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Unbeatable_

_Unbeatable_ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Hi! So I am very passionate about building and Wynncraft, and have wanted to join the team for quite a while now. Finally I am making an application to the team but before I do, I want to know if I even have the remotest chance to actually being accepted. I don't want to waste Grians time by sending in a hundred applications before being accepted. Do I have the potential to get on the team?

https://imgur.com/a/4ua8XIC

Notes and questions:
    - The Hogwarts build is a bit outdated compared to my current skills and is not finished, but I really wanted to show that I got determination to create big builds and that I am able to plan things like this. Should I include it?

- These images show my ability in creating different styles. Should I include these non-wynncraft styles just to show that I can build in multiple styles, or should I remove them and only have Wynncraft style builds?

- Are there enough builds here or should I build more?

2. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice builds, the castle and final house are my favourites! Good detail with the castle

Papa Cthulhu and _Unbeatable_ like this.
  3. _Unbeatable_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you! I agree, those two are my favorites as well.

Papa Cthulhu and StormKing3 like this.
  4. Blazy36

Blazy36 Siegfried > Bob

Minecraft:
    Looks great

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  5. jaxxios

jaxxios i dont have much time here - make this quick

Minecraft:
    i highly doubt you would make it in (THE FIRST TIME)

if this is your first app, this is most likely going to get denied. the lack of pictures and abundances of houses than other stuff does not meet the criteria that i'm still trying to crack. you're going to have to add ALOT more pictures (like maybe 20+) and probably about 11 detailed builds with consistent quality, and the fact that they must meet the standards of the modern wynnstyle is not going to be a breeze my friend.

a main issue with people applying for builder the first time is that they are all so hype that they're gonna make it but in reality its not how it works. you have to really dedicate yourself to this and just being "passionate" may not be enough to cut it, im sorry. you're gonna have to exceed your limits - and that is most likely the main lesson you learn from applying as a builder.

good luck though.

Allysen, ExertKarma and _Unbeatable_ like this.
  6. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    ye just fix your damn FOV

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  7. RicochetfromtheD

RicochetfromtheD 赵二

Minecraft:
    Boy you is nice. Please make the build team

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  8. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I believe you could get accepted with these builds, your builds are very nice IMO, tho I'm not the one who decides

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  9. Qulaey

Qulaey weeb

Minecraft:
    You would definitely make it in their expectations arn't really the highest compared to some of the other BTs, but if you want to climb the ladder and maybe become higher in the heirarchy of builders, you need to improve your skill.

Also consider using a portfolio website like porotfolio box instead of imgur.

If you are intrested I can DM you mine

Allysen and _Unbeatable_ like this.
  10. _Unbeatable_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I would love to see your portfolio! You have been in the build team before if I am not mistaken, right?

11. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really good buildings. I really hope you get accepted :P
    If I can also get accepted we could build something together in the future ^^

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  12. _Unbeatable_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Sure, that would be awesome! :D

ZockerCam likes this.
  13. valvoid

valvoid Build/CMD Hybrid HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    really really good stuff! In particular the small-scale builds have nice colors and details - it looks like you know what you are doing! and yeah lots of different styles executed nicely :D
    Also this might seem like an odd point but your boats and trees are quite nice which can be harder skills for builders so well done
    Feedback wise:
    Large scale terrain is not something you necessarily have to master but i recommend trying it out as of course there is quite a bit of it in wynn...
    Hogwarts castle is perhaps lacking some detail but i will admit its quite realistic so cant blame you if that was the vision. Also the terrain around it looks "worldpaintered" (idk if it was or not haha, it's a cool skill though) but regarding this same comment as above ^

Regardless definitely at least some potential here - no idea about acceptance as I do not judge it of course but I would give an application a shot!
    Good luck!

Isabeau37, HalfCat_ and _Unbeatable_ like this.
  14. _Unbeatable_

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you very much! Especially the feedback was nice.

I built Hogwarts castle like 1 or 2 years ago (It’s not finished, but I am not really building on it anymore since the server will most likely close very soon, and I will defenitely not finish it in time) but it’s probably the biggest build I have ever done. Because of that, I included it to show that I got determinattion to create large scale builds.
    It defenitely lacks details on the walls, but as you said, I tried to make it as close as possible to the original, and some walls didn’t include one single detail.

valvoid likes this.
  15. Azypas

Azypas ??? Addict CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In my opinion you have the requirements to join the Wynncraft build team. Your screens look great ;)

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.