Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

First Wynncraft Experience?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Nickycap, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickycap

Nickycap Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think it would just be interesting if everyone shared their first experience- old and new. When was it? Thoughts on how it was? What class were you?

To start, I was at Disney World when my friend skyped me telling me i had to try a server, then i stayed up until 3 am with her. Had so much fun. This was sometime in the summer (August 2013?) I thought(and still think) the whole experience was magical. Its still nothing like I've ever seen on minecraft. I dont believe I got very far because i was not very game-smart but I was able to stay near Ragni. I obviously chose mage because who doesn't want to be wizard?

ZockerCam, Salted, SoulBurned and 9 others like this.
  2. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    I found Wynncraft in some minecraft book about minecraft things in 2017, under "Adventure Server" or something. I liked being ranged so I chose archer, and became confused by the farmer's rat quest. Finally, a few days later aat level 23, having no idea where the Decrepit Sewers dungeon was or how to get in, went back into the dungeon quest area, and got stuck, without aa clue that /kill existed. I left the game for awhile after that. Fast-forward a few months, when I come back, start a new class, and have significantly more fun, now with a lv62 archer and a lv11 HIC archer.

Nickycap and A Human like this.
  3. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Back in 2013 my cousin showed me this server called Wynncraft that he found - the second I saw the gameplay I was hooked! I joined and chose warrior as my first class, and immediately joined my cousin in slaying zombies. That being said, or favorite part of the server was actually the website map at first. We both dreamed of leveling up to a high enough level and exploring all the cool places. But then I got an idea: why bother leveling up? Why not just make a mad dash to all of the cool locations?
    And so we set out to the great city of Almuj, and got mauled by level 26 ocelots countless times. Was definitely worth it though for the memories. Needless to say, I was addicted to the server from this point onward.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  4. Nickycap

Nickycap Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I completely forgot that i got lost too hahahha. its just a things all new players hopefully do. I died and respawned in Maltic with 0 clue there was an online map.

5. Coffee KQ

Coffee KQ Beauteous Brew VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found wynncraft from grian ages ago, before the gavel update came, so after i saw that this looks cool and nice, i tried hopping on to try it out for myself and when i joined i chose mage since i thought "Using magic would be really amazing" So i started my little adventure did the first starter quests got to lvl 12 aaaand then quit and never came back again.... I also sort of sold that mc account to someone.

However, I thought wynncraft was really quite amazing, and i loved playing it hence is why i came back later

Then now we continue, 2 years after, a few months before the 1.15 corkus update, i came back with an even new mc account started playing as much as i can, when i joined for the first time then, everything was different and super amazing, there was an incredible resourcepack, new amazing quests, the music is much much more better i really loved it and quite enjoyed playing it, when i had reached lvl 40, i quit for a little while and continued later in 2017 and got to lvl 50-58. i did stop again however since i was mostly busy with my life, i forget about wynn and didn't have time for it at all, Then we continue in 2018 i got from lvl 55 to around 85-88 and by then it was almost the end of the year so i didn't have much time to play then either, then comes early to mid 2019, i then played to lvl 90+ and by the end of the year with barely playing every month i got to 100+

I got really happy when i got my first horse ever, i loved hanging out in detlas, i always asked for help when i couldn't beat a certain boss lol, i loved the cities and the lore even though they weren't as good back then, they were still good enough and a bit enjoyable, and oh boy when i started going to corkus and light forest and the incredible looking areas, my mind just kept getting blown and my 50s to 90s were hellish and enjoyable at the same time.
    I still remember a lot of removed and old quests and i really loved playing wynn for the first time, i was just like a child in a candy & toy store.

Nickycap and Geede like this.
  6. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear joined before becoming Ice Bear... yeah. Anyways Ice Bear’s friend introduced it and it was Ice Bear’s first MMORPG. Ice Bear remembers being particularly fond of the Nesaak area because Ice Bear got stuck there. Now whenever Ice Bear hears Icy Steps Ice Bear always misses the old days a tiny bit.

7. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found Wynncraft through my brother. Chose mage first, and stuck with it all these years. I joined in 2013 and kept playing on and off. My first experiences that I can remember were:
    -The old Skeleton Dungeon parkour being SUPER hard with the knockback skeletons
    -Rushing to Almuj as level 8 cause I wanted to follow my level 30 friend
    -Being stuck in Almuj for an entire month unable to leave
    -quitting and returning a year later.
    After I came back I levelled my Mage to 75, made some friends, and eventually left again. I changed Minecraft accounts about a year ago and started from scratch. Rushed my mage to level 80 and left for another year. Came back around last October, got to 100, and then heard abput 1.19 coming soon, and decided to stay. And here I am.

I know this was about our first experiences but I just can't help but reflect on ALL of my time here rather than just the beginning.

8. Glazer

Glazer retired Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found Wynncraft through a small minecraft forum I joined back in the day. Don't remember which year but it was way before gavel came out (I had a minecraft account which I grinded all the way to level 52 on a warrior at the time but later lost it, I was so upset about losing it). Back then I barely even knew how to speak English at all so communication was a big problem for me, I could only talk to the people in that small minecraft forum.
    In 2016 I decided to return to wynncraft with a new minecraft account (the one I'm currently using). Went with mage and instantly got addicted to the server. To this day mage is still my most favorite class to play with.

coolname2034 and Nickycap like this.
  9. Torpid

Torpid Torpid Torpedo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    back in 2016 when losing all your soul points dropped all your items, i was just wondering around because i was bored. Ended up doing the old angry village where you need to do a lava-filled parkour to give somebody some food and water. Fell in the lava over and over and eventually lost all my soul points.. somehow. Respawned back in Nesaak for some reason

Nickycap likes this.
  10. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    I liked the fire powder despite it sucking.

Thats all I remember from my early days tbh.

And also RIP Animal Dungeon ):

Nickycap likes this.
  11. Iboju

Iboju absolute swag male CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I remember joining sometime in 2015 just after the gavel update. I remember Grian, whom I watched a lot at that time had made a video showcasing Wynncraft and the quest memory paranoia. I was immediately hooked and chose assassin as my first class, as I had seen somebody with an air dagger and thought assassin was the “sword guy” (At that time I was extremely interested in swords). Welp, I quit at the level 70 range and took a long break but later rejoined and got my first level 100 just about a year ago. Since then I haven’t stopped playing.

Nickycap likes this.
  12. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Me too! That's probably where the similarities in our experiences end though.

I explored the online map for a while before playing, and was instantly overwhelmed. The idea of getting to know and explore the whole thing felt like a distant dream to me.
    I spent a long time debating between archer and assassin, and stuck with archer because I learned it had a speed spell (as if assassin didn't pff) + range. Immediately regretted that when I tried to go through Nivla Woods for the first time. Died at least twice, hid from a DS key guardian in the powder merchant's hut, traumatizing experience. Because of that I stayed on the Emerald Trail for way longer than I should have.

Other things that happened:
    -"Deltas"
    -Thought the only way to get to Time Valley was to run all the way from Ragni to Detlas, then double back. And I died twice in that quest ugh
    -I joined shortly before 1.17 and having quests for dungeons now is great because I wandered into Underworld Crypt at like level 15 with a key from a friend, actually survived the first two minibosses.
    -My brother and I spent an entire afternoon trying to figure out how to get into Rymek. We thought it was on the higher level and tried to Escape in, until I fell and found it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Nukewarmachine, Nickycap and Castti like this.
  13. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

I joined in 2016, I was searching for a RPG server and I found this, so I decided to be a warrior as my first class, I had fun, the world was expansive and had content I mostly enjoyed, I lvled up to lvl 100, and I didn't exactly make a build, I now lvl up my Shaman to be my main

Nickycap likes this.
  14. Geede

Geede Wynncraft Newbie

Minecraft:
    Walked into Emerald Trail clueless on what I was doing, some guy in shiny golden armor comes charging behind me on a horse and demolishes the Decrepit Sewers Key Guardian I was flailing away at for almost a minute. I ask him what I am meant to be doing, he tells me to check my quest book and do the quests, and gives me 5 emerald blocks. Although 5EB was nothing for him or me now, as a starter with no armor, I felt touched by the gesture and motivated me to continue playing Wynncraft.
    Other experiences:
    - Thinking Detlas Suburbs was Detlas and being disappointed that the hyped up "trading town" was just a few demolished, burning buildings, then being surprised when the actual walls of Detlas rendered
    - Wandering into the Nesaak Forest as a Level 15 and admiring the change in atmosphere for around 7 seconds before getting one-shot by an evil snowman
    - Finding the Almuj Desert by mistake, aimlessly exploring it and suddenly stumbling upon Almuj
    - Thinking that I had already completed most of the game around Nesaak and then looking at the map and seeing that Gavel existed
    - Walking into Llevigar for the first time, I am sure 99% of us were amazed when we saw the quartz city for the first time

15. Gort

Gort His Royal Pimpness CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Me and my friend logged in back in 2013 and went straight towards pitman ravines and got one shorted. We proceeded to ragequit and wouldn’t come back for months lol

16. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    joined bc a friend, stayed in Ragni area until level 20

i remember that one floating island along the coast with the t2 chest

coolname2034, Jbip, ZockerCam and 3 others like this.
  17. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    I joined in 2019 after Grian showed the tutorial trailer in his hermitcraft video. Yeah I haven't been here for long. Got stuck around 100 a day and eventualy ragequitted at around lvl 45.

Nickycap likes this.
  18. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    back in 2013 a youtuber I liked made a server highlight of wynn and when I first joined with archer I lvled up to 31 near ragni.
    then I quit for some reason and when I got back I started exploring.
    eventually found my way to troms when I was lvl 36, keep in mind I had about 0-10 fps atm.

Nickycap likes this.
  19. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

And now you're in Titans Valor, that's um, impressive for only playing for a year...

Nickycap likes this.
  20. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    joined ano in september so in 5 months time

Nickycap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.