Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Weekly Community Discussion (27/12/2019) - Shaman Mythics

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by XavierEXE, Dec 27, 2019.

?

Which Shaman Mythic is your favourite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2020.
  1. Toxoplasmosis

16.4%
  2. Sunstar

9.4%
  3. Hadal

23.4%
  4. Absolution

11.7%
  5. Olympic

21.1%
  6. Fantasia

13.3%
  7. Aftershock

4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I’m gonna be totally honest, I was half asleep and kind of joking when I wrote that but now that I’ve woken up I now realize that that could totally work

NITEHAWKX, Epicness937 and Druser like this.
  2. JujuDeLaVallée

JujuDeLaVallée To what end ? VIP

Minecraft:
    What I'm trying to say is ; Aftershock is made to be used with virgo. If it's the case, dps are relatively limited. If not, dps are way better than expected. It's not really a question of health.
    And virgo, centiped, etc, the problem remain whole : A glassy tier stack build is not glassy

Druser likes this.
  3. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Olympic:
    Well... It's not that bad, but eh. It's a pretty bog-standard spell air weapon with some jump speed and some walk speed. The big benefit of jump height is avoidance in combat, and for melee since stream spread is based on horizontal distance traveled, jumping near the opponent can allow for tighter streams. As a spell weapon, it's alright but I do agree with many others that it could use a tiny bit more damage. Sad not to see it get any Sprint stats, especially with a name like that. Maybe one day it'll see some use in fast hybrid, if that ever pans out.

Regarding Aftershock:
    I've got some good inspiration for stuff to investigate from this discussion, regarding variable class damages and such as they relate to melee (and especially tierstack). Once I'm back at a computer I'll do some testing and put it out there.

Iboju and Avatapaxn like this.
  4. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sooooooooo yeah I did post alot on the item team thread last week but here's some updated thoughts I guess.

Absolution needs a buff. All around not having access to courage hurts it with it's base damage being to low. Weapons like The End, Flameshot hilt and Quinque are good even without powder specials because of their high base damage. Absolution lacks this and while a damage buff could just instantly fix that I'd rather see a major id that gives additional healing when aura is casted if you are within your totem's range as I feel that could help the play style be even more enjoyable.

Hadal has way to high damage for the amount of mana sustain and drawbacks it has. With the way spell cost calculation works instead of messing with that i'd just nerf the spell damage % by a bit to make the relik less id dependent.

Toxoplasmoses is a good weapon all around but my concern is the fact its viablelity in general relies on one id. Items like Pure and Idol are super super id dependent but even with trash rolls are viable. The trouble is that Toxo doesn't have this luxury. A trash roll makes the item flat out not viable. I think personally the way to fix this would simply make the poison a flat value across a major id as while that is annoying to code and not exactly what major ids are intended for it just seems unfair that a player could get a mythic worth nothing and not viable because of garbage rolls.

Fantasia is an interesting case. Again, similarly to Toxo this weapon's viablity is determined by it's mana rolls. a 4/4 fantasia is probably the second strongest mythic relik, second only to Hadal, but a 8/4 fantasia is absolutely terrible given how hard it is to get mana on rainbow builds. I also feel the damage all around doesn't feel quite rewarding enough when paired with the drawbacks it has when stacked with the high reqs. My absolute number one suggestion for this mythic would be to lower the requirements from 50 to 45 in every skill which hopefully would give enough extra skill points to acquire a little extra damage or mana sustain.

Olympic seems...odd. Honestly I don't like the weapon much but the jump height thing seems really fun. I'm just not quite sure what the relik accomplishes or is intending to do to really suggest buffs or nerfs. It, to me, feels a bit sub par in any build I try to use in in being a mythic tier item.

Sunstar I had said could maybe use a slight nerf and personally I still feel that way. Its not really overpowered at all, it just feels oddly good to not possess any sort of noticeable drawback. All around though the ability to use both melee and spell while also being able to reflect a ton of damage is awesome!

As Aftershock I can't help but feel it's a bit strong for its level. However in all fairness every mythic in that range feels way to strong for it's level so this thing being basically the relik version of wall breaker is fine I guess.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/980766370 Fantasia
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/263980345 Absolution
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/114828655 Hadal
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/433712361 Olympic

I only knew the base ids of Olympic because it was handed to me on a silver platter and I was to lazy to attempt to make the others
    Have fun abusing Hadal <3

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fantasia:
    Interesting. The skill points are tight but not so tight as to make it unviable, and (if you have a good roll) the mana regen as a counter to Int bonus and spell costs works quite well (although Suppression is nearly required to make this work). If you have a bad mana regen roll, you run into the problem which I have talked about before, that mana regen is locked into building high Int, so running at lower Int (pre-weapon) is a double whammy of higher spell costs and less mana regen. It's why I think Int req on the mana regen primary items should be reduced. I do think the Mana steal is kind of pointless though - all it does is shut down hybrid and powder specials for no real reason.

Epicness937 likes this.
  6. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually never connected the dots that that -ms makes power specials hell to use...huh... might change my opinion the weapon a bit ._.

7. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Suppression ruins any chance you have for a special, i own a fanta -5 mr and -5 ms and got postive mr and ms on while maintaining great health and damage

Epicness937 likes this.
  8. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Been using Sunstar quite a bit at levels 96-98 with a basic, non-endgame build. The heals are obviously somewhat worse than normal reliks, with the -30% water damage, but it's not harsh at all, and is certainly made up for in other areas. As you'd expect, the damage is very good and you can spam 15k+ auras quite easily with shaman's naturally good mana economy. It's a very good mythic, but not overpowered. As my friend Triactic said above, I'd rate it 9/10. One of the best mythics I've used, while being balanced at the same time within the context of mythics. I like it so much that I felt the need to upgrade to a better one (23 thunder, 775ls) as soon as I mustered up the LE to. It builds well with a melee-spell hybrid type build, as you can achieve good DPS in both these areas quite easily and combine them. The high base damage and low attack speed helps with chain lightning and elemental defense penetration - I can easily hit 12k+ chains with no melee damage outside of Slayer (281) and Sunstar (444) using a "meh" build. I haven't tested yet, but it would probably work really well with the thunder armour special (killstreak) in particular. I imagine you could hit 30k+ auras while maintaining good defense and spammability. As such, it would probably be an ideal guild war weapon.

9. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Stag2001, XavierEXE and Epicness937 like this.
  10. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ocu likes this.
  11. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Iboju, Epicness937 and XavierEXE like this.
  12. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ]" ]" ]" menacing

XavierEXE likes this.
  13. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *Mega Man V intensifies*

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    XavierEXE likes this.
  14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

15. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mythics should probably get unique IDs

Endercomet likes this.
  16. JujuDeLaVallée

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that's a bit sad that no one of these mythics get a major ID

Jirayut, NITEHAWKX and Epicness937 like this.
  17. urbymine

Guild:
    Yea, though i consider -spell cost to be a special id, as it's entirely unique to mythics i believe.

18. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well they're also in a lot of shaman weapons, but if they are significant enough like warp -100 2nd spell cost raw then sure

19. JujuDeLaVallée

Minecraft:
    Oh, And I'm just thinking of it ; None mythic relik got Lore . . . what a shame

Iboju likes this.
  20. urbymine

Guild:
    slap a slayer on a fantasia and you get almost free aura's. Something i'll definitly be looking into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.