Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Giveaway/puzzle/quiz Thing Celebrating 100k Chests: Puzzle Ended, Winners Posted, Ty All For Joining

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Peeves5200, Nov 3, 2019.

?

It it time to permanently stop looturnning yet?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. Why would you ever stop

114 vote(s)
    63.3%
  4. I would have stopped long ago

46 vote(s)
    25.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

You tell us how the frick we were meant to get that right now. Please.

2. Jirayut

Jirayut strati masterrace VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess congrats for the winner

3. Peeves5200

Peeves5200 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    will do, give me a while though, got a lot to do rn

Mac N Cheese Man and SnapDoomy like this.
  4. SnapDoomy

SnapDoomy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Congrats to the winner! @Peeves5200 now please explain literally every step because I’m sure all the people that had given up would like to know

5. ccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccc horse failure

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Coolio, I hit 10k chests and no mythics looted tonight so this works.

EXPLANATION:

Step 1:
    Base 5 to base 10 conversion and symbols yield 59/67 51-100 and 64/67 51-100. The 59 and 64 have to be part of the index, because they're different on each side, and anything after that could be part. I tried a lot of different combinations and spent way too long looking at item damage ranges/sums and enemy level ranges in ToA/LI/Hive before the no quest/item hint was posted. The hint about the space placement made it clear, though, and 51-100 was a very clean looking range.

Step 2:
    World discoveries lvl 51-100, #59 out of 67 through #64 out of 67. Discoveries 59-64 are all the level 90 discoveries (Aerie of the recluse, Dogun's retreat, Kandon-beda, Legendary island, Raider's port, Upper molten heights). Sorting alphabetically and picking the second (according to hint 7) gets Dogun's retreat.

Step 3:
    I spent awhile stuck on this because I tried to replace Dogun with Dawn, which is the translation from the Icelandic word Dögun. Most of my research here led to health spas and hotels.
    D&D quest (1.18, January 2019) established that Doguns = Demons. Demons Run (retreat = run) is a Dr Who thing (I've never seen it before).

Step 4:
    The Dr. Who episode with Demons Run is "A good man goes to war" after a quick google.

Step 5:
    There is a poem in the episode:
    "When a good man goes to war" includes the title of the episode, is in the poem 3x, and follows "Demons run" (Hint 3 again) in the first line. Furthermore, this is the 777th episode and the 7th episode of the 6th season, which matches with the 7 word requirement on the phrase.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  6. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    you missed (clearly) the most important thing which is that its easily one of the best dr who episodes ever, but otherwise its correct (and the end bit with the 777th ep etc wasnt part but cool to know)

A Human likes this.
  7. ccccccccccccccc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol I wouldn't know; I've never seen any episodes of it.

What was the long running hint? I'm curious.

8. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    ok so the long running hint was also a dr who reference, where each time someone did something like posting their quiz answers here (aka not reading instructions) id increase the size of the text - in dr who the words 'pull to open' get bigger with every regeneration because s/he never pulls the door to open it

A Human likes this.
  9. ccccccccccccccc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm very glad I gave up on finding that after 10 minutes lmao.

10. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:

Congrats mate! Very well deserved, so shocking someone actually managed to solve this. You made it look so easy

11. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Massive congrats to @ccccccccccccccc , I'm glad to see I got fairly close- I managed to get the 51-100 range yesterday, but I would never have thought of world discoveries. Let's hope I can still win some LE, haha :p

SnapDoomy likes this.
  12. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    you see the question is now, do i give a specific extra amount of time and allow people to send new guesses for a certain question on the quiz that no-one got anywhere near close on...?

13. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:
    Just for the questions that weren’t answered correctly

14. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If no one got that questions right, opening answers for that question only seems fine with me (as long as you give at least a day), just remember to say which one it is.

15. FrozenGalaxy

FrozenGalaxy Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Congratulations mate, you absolutely did it. This crazy quiz... Finally I can rest and won't need to think about this non-sense lol. Enjoy the Grimtrap! You deserve it.

16. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    good point. Ill work out all the others then sort that question out in a bit

17. Evil_X

Evil_X Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    As a Doctor Who fan I feel disappointed but I completely forgot discoveries exist so would've never worked it out. Confused trying to work out the link to D&D but this was a really well thought out puzzle. Can't wait for the next one.
    Happy I can finally sleep instead of staying up til 1am each day waiting for a clue

Peeves5200 likes this.
  18. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    It's over now and it was wrong, But I had no clue what an index was and I didn't get Peeves' explaination when comparing it to youtube tutorials, so I decided to just look at hint 20: "Im pretty sure ive seen a quote from the correct show" after which I listed all the shows mentioned before that comment.
    rick and morty
    scooby doo
    spongebob
    dad’s army
    Stranger things
    Chernobyl
    dr who
    How to lose a guy in 10 days
    In fairy tales, good people always win <-- whatever that's from
    The Office
    Game of thrones
    Peaky blinders
    After which I looked at which of these shows were running at the start of januari in germany (which I thought Peeves was from thanks to the wiki, turns out it says he's from the UK in brittain.) Which narrowed the list down by alot, after that I just spent a few hours looking up different quotes to see if I recognised anything (since he said most people should know it) and if anything had anything to do with a giveaway and had only seven words in them, which gave me "well, all victories inevitably come at a cost." a quote from Chernobyl with 8 words which references both the victory and the cost of reaching 100K chests. So I just shortened it down to seven words, since that also seemed like a possible quote.

Turns out I never heard about the quote that it was so this was a lost search.
    I basically tried to skip part 1 through 3 with this and get part 4 and part 5 done at the same time. ;p

---------------
    I personally think it's best to get the people who are closest to the answers for the quiz the price since otherwise I don't think we'll get to that part anytime soon.

Mac N Cheese Man likes this.
  19. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    yeah the wiki says german for some reason and i STILL dont know who editted that in, or how they even knew i speak german (presumably why they added it)
    but hey, my profile does say UK...

20. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    i didn't even get that from it and i still locked down the correct show lol. I found your hints being oddly flavored as "time for a hint", "hint in 2 hours" concepts all relating to time. which i crossreferenced with some of your personality, which led me to dr who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.