Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Giveaway/puzzle/quiz Thing Celebrating 100k Chests: Puzzle Ended, Winners Posted, Ty All For Joining

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Peeves5200, Nov 3, 2019.

?

It it time to permanently stop looturnning yet?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. Why would you ever stop

114 vote(s)
    63.3%
  4. I would have stopped long ago

46 vote(s)
    25.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti

Anti unmute me toy ;c

i dont like the idea of bruteforcing the quotes tbh, im gonna keep on doing it legit but maybe just pm the quotes from now on so we can leave the thread to legitimate discussion

2. Peeves5200

Peeves5200 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    both incorrect
    i considered that, but i wanted them to be open so 1. other people can see which guesses are wrong, and 2. once someone gets it right no-one can refute who who it first because you can just look at the order of comments.

Hint 19: i said to add spaces, heres the numbers with the spaces added in for you: 5967 51100 - 6467 51100

3. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Quite a shot in the dark, but I might as well try:

"And you know what? So was I."

4. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    incorrect, but i do like that quote

5. Bleiiz

Bleiiz The Hole Finder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would anime be considered tv shows in this context?

6. ccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccc horse failure

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How do spaces change anything in the subranges? "/" denotes the index, "-" separates the 2 parts of the range, but spaces don't do anything with the syntax you provided. Is there some other operation to be done on the subranges?

7. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    Hint 20: Im pretty sure ive seen a quote from the correct show

8. Anti

Anti unmute me toy ;c

my guess for today is "No, there's a reason you're still here"

9. SnapDoomy

SnapDoomy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Ngl I think most people have given up at this point, I think we should get hints related to wynn or more spesifically to the show itself.

10. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Does it have
    Does the show have less than 10 seasons?

11. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    I went a different way to find this out and think I got a pretty good chance with this quote:
    (sorry @BlackPhantom31 if this is correct after asking me to form an alliance like 2 weeks ago, I didn't know this'd still be around back then.)

"all victories inevitably come at a cost."

Just wanna say, if this is correct I like this quote for a giveaway taken from a big milestone.

12. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Yeah, but how did you get that

BqwaOLD likes this.
  13. Anti

Anti unmute me toy ;c

why in the actual fuck would someone make a puzzle with a fucking range and index where the range isnt even static with no linear progression and expect people to solve this bullshit. i have honestly exhausted every option of solving this. its a guessing game that is not nearly as fun as something like munky's puzzle i solved last year

in other words, congratulations @creature this seems like a good guess

Mac N Cheese Man likes this.
  14. BlackPhantom31

BlackPhantom31 Well-Known Adventurer

Dude chill, its a game. Don't do it if you are exhausted you don't have to go off on Peeves. He is just trying to make it fun.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  15. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright then, if we take 675-1100 as a range, and 64 and 59 would be the index, there's probably an an increment of 5; with Peeves' earlier explanation of index ranges, that would become 965 - 990. I haven't been able to find anything within this range that works though, but it seems like tho most likely solution to the range-index problem.
    I would like to point out at least one inconsistency though: hint 7 says you need the 2nd alphabetical item in the range, but hint 17 says that the range does not refer to an item. Which one is it?

16. xKar

xKar hello wants up CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    by item in hint 7 he means the thing that u find, could be anything, and on hint 17, he clarifies that its not a literal wynn item.
    also, what do you mean by theres probably an increment of 5, what is that?

17. xKar

Minecraft:
    what do you mean by this, do you imply that there is another whole range to this, or that the number thats on the left of the range, example: 2-5, the small range would be 2, or what do you exactly mean here?

18. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    I KNOW THE ANSWER!
    basically if you replace the - with a + in between the 2 numbers and you get.... the amount of LE i would quite like in my bank!

Mac N Cheese Man likes this.
  19. xKar

Minecraft:
    is it: "That Never Should Have Happened to You"?

20. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where did you get these spaces? We know there will be spaces, a - and a /, but there's no saying your formation is the correct one. My idea was that it would be
    59 / 675-1100
    64 / 675-1100
    In which 59 and 64 would be the index (remember, Peeves just said he'd use - and /; no guarantee anyone else would do it the same way) and 675-1100 the range. Remember that we're looking for a range within a range, so the full number would be range 1 and 675-1100 would be range 2.
    Thing is, I really doubt the second range would be 733 - 738 (which is if you take the index as being "raw"), so I looked at what would have the biggest increment in the 675-1100 range while still being above 64, which ended up being 5. So, if you take the 59th and 64th number in the range starting with 675 and ending with 1100, you'd get 965 - 990.

Then again, there are no real symbols or alphabetical orders in here, so I'm probably wrong. We're better off brute-forcing quotes at this point, as I feel like Peeves either put the hints in a way where we would never figure anything out when following them, or this is using some very obscure code. Any last ideas I have of turning these numbers into symbols would really just be Unicode codes, but I've been looking at those for a while and nothing's come out of it yet.

Mac N Cheese Man and BqwaOLD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.