Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More (updated 28/03/2020)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Major_Lue, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OolongTeaa

OolongTeaa Retired Master of Resale HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not applied before the penalty which is the issue imo

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. SnapDoomy

SnapDoomy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    You still need to chunk almost a 1/3 of your sp to def which is impossible if you want to use aqua

3. OolongTeaa

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    True, but there are a lot of alternatives for aqua. I think giving Boreal sp would help in ease of use tho.

4. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:
    Stillwater is the 2nd best option after aqua, and it still falls behind with 3 less mr.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/jqsrgd
    compare that
    to this
    https://wynndata.tk/s/fnj31k

(I'm not even paying attention to the fact that the first build can't even be used in game lol)

If you find me a good boreal eden build that has high mr and int go ahead. but you won't, because its impossible to use boreal with the new warp and not have shit mana and / or int.

5. add 45/45 horse

add 45/45 horse My Immortal

Minecraft:
    I don't think slayer is particularly bad. The -hpr really hurts and -damage makes it weaker but did you not see the -45% third spell cost? A bit annoying that you have to get lucky to get this but if you get a good roll you can half the cost of your bomb arrows, meteors, multihits, or uppercuts, allowing you to build with less int and more damage. But I think it esp shines on tierstack builds where the ability to throw off the occasional high damage spell is very much appreciated. A lot more interesting than the current one that is just thunder mythic enabler, which its better at with the extra sp.

The nerf to div's def had to happen, it was way too strong when it was able to use it. However, the agi should absolutely be brought down to match, there's absolutely no reason to be that restrictive anymore.

I completely agree with you on sabs, 9/10 times gaea-hewn is the better choice. I think it could be good for high-def str builds though.

As an ignis user I will defend the boreal change to my last breath... even though the def reqs is why boreal's ids fit with air/fire most with the two element motif mythic boots are taking on. Of any other element, fire builds benefit most from having the massive hpr. It could also go air/water but water appreciates it much less and while its a part of wfa too warp is literally the only mythic that benefits with a/w while guardian and ignis also benefit from a/f.

hppeng and Druser like this.
  6. OolongTeaa

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/d0b8jf
    It's not the best but it's viable

I'm not saying Boreal is as good as before, just that it still usable within a certain niche. Not sure if that's the direction they want to take items though

7. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    A minor update to the mythic changes:

Freedom
    Elemental Damages: 20 -> 0

Gaia
    Melee Damage: 0 -> 15 (reverted)
    Spell Damage: 0 -> -5

These were things that were meant to be included with the first set of changes released but were mistakenly not done. They've been editted in the pastebin here.

Stag2001, Bart (MC) and Druser like this.
  8. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Another update to the mythic changes! This time it isn't correcting any mistakes. It's to deal with two large outliers: Cataclysm and Pure.

Cataclysm
    Neutral Damage: 70-210 -> 70-230
    Thunder Damage: 70-450 -> 70-500

1st Spell Cost %: -100 -> 0
    1st Spell Cost Raw: 0 -> -1

Pure

3rd Spell Cost Raw: 0 -> 2

Entropy
    Meteor fall speed modifier decreased from 3 to 2

As was done before, the identification changes have been added to the pastebin here.

9. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:
    Are the mythic changes set in stone?

I think inferno and spring's changes are bad right now.

I think with their current state, this is what they should look like to balance them

Inferno

https://wynndata.tk/ci/763233152

Dex req gone, more defense, very slightly more damage and 3 slots.

Spring

https://wynndata.tk/ci/937158930

And since all the other mythics (not nirvana but it got a major id related to it so) have -%spell, it should have a -36%(base) or so reduction on bomb arrow.

that's pretty much it, no need to ruin arrow storm and shield and make spring very ID dependent (also many springs right now could be ruined by it..)

ccccccccccccccc likes this.
  10. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't you think the morph set is getting nerfed too harshly?

People that invested stacks of LE on godly ids or went lootrunning for high skill point ids will be very sad for them to just disappear entirely.

If the intended use of the morph set is to have the player wear it all at once, nerfing all previous stages of the set is a way to achieve that goal, but nerfing them to the point of not even getting thrown a bone is ridiculous.

If you collect the morph set on your playthrough there is little point to be excited about a new piece, because for all but the last piece you need to really invest a lot of skill points for a bonus that isn't worth its cost. Only the last item of the piece is going to turn the spread of all your skill points into something really desirable by giving you a giant boost, which is really counterproductive to the idea of collecting a set through your entire adventure and seeing its power rise.

It would be a lot better to make the power of the morph set progressively rise just like it does currently. If you change the set bonus and the skill point bonuses of the individual morph-items how it currently is in such a way, that after putting on a new piece the set bonus and items you already wear help you, so you only need to give away around 2-4 (depending on your ids, these stats are just my idea, but they shouldn't exceed 5 in every skill.) skill points in all stats to be able to wear the next piece. This gives the same effect in a way that it limits the player to spread their stats equally compared to spreading them mildly and then focusing on the stats they care about most, while not ruining all previous stages of morph.

This would nerf endgame morph stages to be actually focused on getting you to have a spread of all stats, but not ruin the experience of getting morph through your adventure, or make all previous stages of morph utterly useless.

Rimuwu, Melkor, Crokee and 3 others like this.
  11. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:
    lol a whole morph set will cost 2 le at most, they are very cheap on market

12. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pure looks less broken af but still seems like it could have good use if you get a good meteor roll. Although... why base 2 raw spell cost instead of base 1? Since this heavily devalues about 55% of all Pures, but you can still roll a 1 anyway (which from my calcs doesn't appear to be particularly overpowered, even on just 68 Int).

RIP no Int Cata, but it's more balanced now. I'm a little concerned about the low Dex req on Cata though - feels like the intention is that if you want the optimal decrease at 105 Int you should have to invest more towards acquiring it, but the Dex req change might (haven't tested) make it not particularly difficult to achieve.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  13. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    try buying max skill point morph items for under 2le
    Good luck
    Seriously good luck
    Those cost insane amounts or used to at least
    they might already be dropping due to these changes

Glitched Pixels likes this.
  14. SnapDoomy

Minecraft:
    Why tf would you buy that? Do you realize that a max sp stardust has like a 1/500k chance to roll? Nobody has that, and if they did, It would be reasonable to sell it for ~7 stacks lol.
    Rest of the items will cost 30eb at most with good SP

I have a very good morph set and it only took me around 1.75LE to get it all from market.

15. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    If you have full morph you wont notice having 20 from max sp on ur stardust

16. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:

Glad our worries about cata were anwsered. Though I can't help but wonder how this oversight even managed to get this far.

17. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It doesn't seem that the IMs were fully informed about how exactly spell cost IDs work. Case in point truncation.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  18. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    All of the mythic changes are risky changes to attempt to put them in their own niches. It was a mistake to try to give Cataclysm another one. We felt comfortable trying it because it is a beta so things aren't released immediately to the masses if there's issues.

Druser and Stag2001 like this.
  19. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Give strati double mid air escape, lowered escape cost or infinite sprint thanks

SmileyAlec and Cosomos like this.
  20. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll put in my few cents here

Before the defence patch, Divzer was known as the highest damage archer mythic while being really glassy.
    After defence patch, Divzer was known as the highest damage archer mythic that is broken on so many levels.
    In hero beta, GRANDMOTHER is now known as the highest damage mythic while Divzer is just... glassy with no speciality in any aspect.

See the problem here? You over buffed grandmother by a long shot. Grandmother's damage isn't that low, to begin with. With this buff, it's base powdered dps((base damage + 4 T6 earth) * attack speed) is now higher than Divzer's base powdered dps. Together with Grandmother's +80 agi while Divzer having almost no defence capability, Divzer has been overshadowed by grandmother not only in damage, and also in defence. Counting in Rage powder specials being even more pronounced with Grandmother's -hpr and you have yourself a problem.

Suggestion, increase Divzer's damage(maybe on par with cataclysm?) so it remains as the highest damage archer mythic while enhancing the point of being a glass cannon. It's also fine if Grandmother's base dps is put back in check (i.e. pre-buff values) as no one complained about Grandmother's damage not high enough on the main servers.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    tig, Parzizal, SnapDoomy and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.