Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.19 The Silent Expanse - Changelog

Discussion in 'Major Updates' started by Salted, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sourpowerpete

Sourpowerpete Well-Known Adventurer

Next time include pictures and a description =V

2. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
  3. Sourpowerpete

Sourpowerpete Well-Known Adventurer

Welp, now that that's taken care of... who thinks mage and archer are going to dominate hunted mode?

4. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Someone's bouta get vibe checked

zombifox, Geag, 7Red_Dragon7 and 3 others like this.
  5. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why do you guys always argue with the community and tell us we're wrong and to just suck it up when we suggest things like this but then end up implementing it later on?

Geag, 13threemc, Realises and 3 others like this.
  6. samsungplay

samsungplay Cataclysm Warchief Ninja VIP+

Minecraft:
    Its morning here and my heart is aboard the hype train. This is a legendary morning.. I cant wait to go hulk mode with my warrior. So if I uppercut a mob thats falling into a pithole will I be able to land a 100 blocks high hulk smash? I cant wait to try out uppercut-war scream -charge-bash combo airborne. Warriors can finally fly.

7Red_Dragon7 and CookedPelvis like this.
  7. coolaccountname

coolaccountname pro gamer VIP

Minecraft:
    YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYYAY

8. Evil_X

Evil_X Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I really love what this update is doing, new area, quests, class, that ingredient pouch is holy.
    This idea of hunted mode definitely seems interesting and I think it could be a really cool addition adding pvp, A great thing for guilds and I'd love to see what else could come from this. At the same time to me at least I feel this mode makes us lose a lot of the community aspect of just finding people and then gathering together, grinding together or giving each other advice, you lose a sense of peace you once had apart from the constant mobs wanting your head
    It's one thing if it was just a fun thing but with the XP bonus it just forces everyone to have it on if they wanna do things as fast as possible, you can't simply squad up with people you find around the world and hope they don't backstab you.
    There's many ways to better add this in, maybe only higher-level regions could have it on, places like the dark forest and the new region where it feels corrupt and rightful for things like these, you could have pvp servers where only there can you used hunted mode, separate the people who want that general peace and not wanting to be backstabbed while farming and the people out for blood or just that bonus xp.
    (Just an extra little note while I'm here now we have hunted mode really hope the nether is revamped instead of that place mentioned in lore, feeling like the big location with something crazy in its fiery depths and then just being a murder zone for players to pvp. If we saw it turned into a new region and got it fleshed out I really think it could bring something dangerous, a huge boss that can only be defeated by an army of players working in unison. It'd be really cool to see more love for this place)

Geag, 7Red_Dragon7, Stag2001 and 2 others like this.
  9. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    oh boy oh boy oh boy

10. Casparof

Casparof mythic counter: 2 HERO

Minecraft:
    Do we get a shaman Remake (reskin)
    Like with assassin we got ninja ?

11. Piplupluv

Piplupluv Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I agree, having the exp bonus for hunted mode kills the community aspect of Wynncraft and should be separate or in certain areas. If they must add an exp bonus then having it be very minimal (like only a 1-5% increase or something) would be a better idea. It's going to be annoying to have people say things like "Peace?" or "Plz dun kill." :/

Aside from this, the changelog sounds interesting and I do love me some worldbuilding and discoveries :D

Zarge#112, 7Red_Dragon7 and Bart (MC) like this.
  12. WynnAnt

WynnAnt Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YesYesYes I'm Hyped, this update sounds extremely good, the new class, area, dungeon and qusets seem very delicious! I like the fabled tier because I haven't been lucky enough to get a mythic.
    Oh and the ingredient bag, it's god tier stuff... The Hunted mode interest me a lot; I was thinking about how there would probably be a whole lot of teaming (it's allowed right?) and of how they would dominat the hunters and hunted. Well we'll just have to wait and see

Zarge#112 likes this.
  13. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    @Salted So what are the new regular IDs? They are not mentioned in the changelog.

14. HeckinGay

HeckinGay Classy and Sassy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lots of new stuff to play around with! Im pretty hyped :D

Zarge#112 likes this.
  15. Ichikaaa

Ichikaaa woop woop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Reading a lot of comments regarding the gathering economy being killed due to hunted mode, and I'm not really following along with them.
    More people gathering can cause price drops, due to people underselling to sell quicker, yes. I'm not sure how great the gathering economy is currently, but here are my thoughts.

Honestly, crafting has been something people have struggled to get into, due to the amount of time. Am I saying it's not worth the time? Not at all. I'm just saying that it's healthier for the game and community as a whole if more people are able to enjoy the features.
    That being said, if anything "ruins" the gathering economy, it will more likely be the fact that things don't have to be refined anymore, and there's no material weight. That allows people to not only be much more efficient, but also doesn't deter people (like myself) from doing more with the materials than throwing them in my bank for months.

Overall, I think both are healthy for the game and I don't understand how they're "broken", but maybe that's just me. High quality content and I am thrilled for it all

7Red_Dragon7 and ParkourTNT like this.
  16. D3nnis32

D3nnis32 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you Salted, very cool !

Also hyped for HICH Shaman

17. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    would love to play hunted mode, mass pvp sounds super fun, but I also don't want to lose my shit that took hundreds of hours. Instead of maybe dropping items, it could act as a world nether and be for leaderboard bragging rights? Right now, I think most people would be too scared to join and lose their stuff.

overall good announcements, dern is definitely going in the right direction, except maybe the hunted thing.

dbleo, Maronee and D3nnis32 like this.
  18. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    You're right, here they are:
    - Spell Cost (in %)
    - Spell Cost (raw)
    (for every singular spell)
    - Max Sprint
    - Sprint Regen
    - Jump Height
    - Gathering XP Bonus
    - Gathering Speed
    - Loot Quality

Tsuneo, Geag, Gegaba and 28 others like this.
  19. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Time to make a build with as many Jump Height boost as possible!

(The rest of the IDs seem really cool too)

20. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Huh, strangely vanilla.

Anyway, those should be quite interesting. Incidentally, when you say loot quality, what is the ordering being used for determining quality?

Maronee and Ichikaaa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.