Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Giveaway/puzzle/quiz Thing Celebrating 100k Chests: Puzzle Ended, Winners Posted, Ty All For Joining

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Peeves5200, Nov 3, 2019.

?

It it time to permanently stop looturnning yet?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. Why would you ever stop

114 vote(s)
    63.3%
  4. I would have stopped long ago

46 vote(s)
    25.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peeves5200

Peeves5200 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ok so recently I hit 100k chests looted (not sure when, accidentally did the last one)
    100k chests.png
    So I'm giving away some stuff - the fruits of those 100k included 25 mythics total

Main prize will be a mythic, probably this Grimtrap
    The quiz is just a bunch of random questions no-one could know for sure what the answers are, and the closest person will get an amount of LE.
    Each person can only win 1 of the questions (not including main puzzle, Q3 or Q7) so they will be drawn in order of LE value

OK SO: Q1 everyone was way off, im giving 3 more days where each person (even those who guessed before) can give 1 more guess, then ill take the closest one

Main Puzzle:

I'm giving you a clue, and I want you to give me a phrase

CLUE: 2210232013400 - 2311032013400

Ill give hints every so often, feel free to speculate in comments but the first person to comment the phrase on this thread - IN A NEW COMMENT - will get the prize. Don't just edit an old one.

Ill post replies to this thread with each hint I give, and also update this original post
    Hint no.1 : Depending how you look at it, there are either 5 or 10 steps to this, and I doubt anyone will get very far without the second hint, sorry not sorry.
    Hint no.2 : The numbers are a range
    Hint no.3 : The 5 and 10 are intentional in existence and placement
    Hint no.4: There is at least one link to Wynncraft somewhere, though I wont tell you which step(s)
    Hint no.5: Only one thing in the range is important, the rest are because the order isnt static (which i found really annoying when making this)
    Hint no.6 : There is a reference to a TV show at some point *EDIT* its not too obscure, its very likely people here will have at the very least heard of it, if not watched it
    Bonus hint no 6.5 : I had the idea for that reference since sometime at the beginning of 2019
    Hint no.7: if the items within the range you are trying to find were in alphabetical order, the one you want would be the second one
    Hint 7.5: The range isnt as big as all the guesses ive seen so far
    Hint 8: The link to wynn probably requires you to go ingame, though you might be able to find it on forums (havent checked myself)
    Hint 8.5: Its not co-ordinates. Though i initially wanted to use them, it wouldnt have worked for what you are supposed to get from that stage
    Hint 9: Ok at this point ill tell you that the base 5/base 10 thing is correct, but that those numbers are still missing a few uh, symbols. Once you have those step 1 is complete
    Hint 9.1: This refers to something in wynn
    Hint 9.2: Part 2 is working out what the range is referring to
    Hint 9.3: Part 3 is working out what that should turn into
    Hint 9.4: Part 4 is getting to a TV show from that
    Hint 9.5: Part 5 is getting the phrase
    Hint 9.9: The phrase is 7 words long
    Hint 10: The numbers in the inital clue, once correctly converted with bases, contain more info than people think. They have an index, and a range. Aka you are looking for a range within a range, then something within that range is what you want (gl getting your head round that)
    Hint 11: depending on your preference of format the symbols would be different, but the way I would do it has a '-' and a '/' on each side.
    Hint 11.5: After the base conversion, all the numbers are (somewhat) important
    Hint 12: Technically I had the original idea for this for longer than just this year, but the idea for how to actually link it was changed because of something early this year
    Hint 12.5: The original idea only had something in Wynn linking straight to the TV show, then to the phrase
    Hint 13: The arrangement of - and / in each side is identical, and creates a range (the same one) on each side, along with an index within that range
    Hint 13.5: Once you solve that, the rest of this puzzle should be pretty quick
    Hint 14: the dashes are to make the ranges, and the / are to show the specific index within that range
    Hint 15: you might need to try adding a few spaces in as well
    Hint 16: the - and / are in the same place on each side
    Hint 17: The range does not refer to a quest, or an item. The smaller range within each side though will make it pretty clear if you find that one
    Hint 18: Somewhere along the line you should find the name of a particular episode of this series. The phrase should be VERY obvious once you have that, even if you havent seen the show/that episode just looking it up should give you an idea
    Hint 18.5 Oh also theres a long-running hint scattered around thread that people who watch the series might notice. Should help a bit but its not necessary to find that
    Hint 19: i said to add spaces, heres the numbers with the spaces added in for you: 5967 51100 - 6467 51100
    Hint 20: Im pretty sure ive seen a quote from the correct show
    Hint 21: someone has correctly solved the first 2 stages now (theres a lot of messages both here and that ive got in PMs asking if things are correct, i havent told anyone individually whether or not they got it correct)
    Hint 22: once you have the one thing out of the range (so talking stage 3 here), you need to change the words a bit (so looking for sort-of synonyms)
    Hint 22.5: the episode of the show was a few years ago (dont know exactly when) - its the link to wynn that i was able to make early this year, totally not related to hint 22...
    Feel free to speculate in comments

Quiz:
    Here's a bunch of questions. PM me your answers to them on forums, do NOT send them here, i wont count it. Ill take your first answer for each (cba updating every set of answers) but you can give me them at different times.

Ends either when the main puzzle is won, or in 1 weeks time, whichever is longer. If multiple people get an answer correct or are just as close, ill use a random generator to pick a winner.

1. Where does the 5200 in my name come from? - Closest/most specific gets 15LE

2. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? - 10LE (best answer)

3. Give me your best ideas for NPCs or town/city names and info, ill pick the best (I need more for the world I'm building) - 2 stacks to be split equally between the best one (meaning I plan on using them

4. How tall do you think I am? (your preference of units) - 20LE

5. What was the 3rd mythic I found? - 15LE

6. I have 3 names IRL - what languages do each of my names ORIGINALLY come from? - 15LE per

7. Funniest wrong answer to each of the above - 5LE per

Please do keep your answers clean (aka PG-13). If its really bad I might disqualify you entirely.
    Good luck, imma start lootrunning again now

Might add another question or 2 soon, also just ask here if you want any clarification or to let me know you have sent me your answers (I might be getting a lot of PMs from this)
    Ill also post replies to let people know I've noted your responses

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. GoulartJJ

GoulartJJ Why am i still here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aight This will be fun

3. Foven

Foven Praise the Moon HERO

Minecraft:
    "african or european?"
    "-what? I don't know that - WHAAAAAA!"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Peeves5200 likes this.
  4. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Wait. Are the numbers blue for people on PC?

5. Pontosaurus

Pontosaurus fuy busted moments CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    clearly, the clue is just Peeves's social security number. c'mon, you gotta try harder man

6. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    uh?
    sssshh cmon you cant tell them that one

7. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Peeves5200 could you delete your quote now that i've deleted mine and can obviously read thanks

8. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    Fine... but these will remain as testament to your shame

Locky1110 likes this.
  9. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you <3
    your edit made me feel bad :(

10. Mac N Cheese Man

The numbers come up as phone numbers for me

11. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
    Oh yeah i just looked at this on my phone. No theres nothing like that on them they are just numbers

12. Mac N Cheese Man

Dang, that would’ve been hella cool

13. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    wat? where do you lr now?

14. Coragon42

Coragon42 Build Maker in Training HERO

Minecraft:
    If you want your answers to count, you may want to put those in a PM.

15. Shad0wPhoenix

Shad0wPhoenix Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    ye just read that

16. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    African or Europ- ah, I’m late.

As for the main puzzle, if it’s taken as a math equation then the result is 100,800,000,000. No idea what to do past that.

syrun97 likes this.
  17. syrun97

syrun97 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    and 100,800,000,000 = 2^12×3^2×5^8×7
    EDIT) actually result of math equation was -100,800,000,000

18. puttey

puttey no McConnel dont kill me VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The numbers 5200 comes from the hours Pepo been stuck in the fridge.

19. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    You're 179 cm and your names originally come from the Spanish language. You come from a family of 5 children of which you were the second. Hence the 52 in your name. Ever to be behind the firstborn and given less attention than the ones after you, you quickly moved from your home in Spain to the UK, where you currently reside. However, this wasn't enough for you. Deeply scarred by your childhood, you resorted to a life of demonic satanism. In total, you have shouted 100 chants (hence the two zero's in your name), the last of which is the coded message, too vile to be written down. That is why you really made this post, wasn't it. To have someone decode the message and thereby absorb the soul of the one who has written it down, to summon a forsaken deity. I know what you're trying to do and I'm not falling for it. I'm onto you, Estéban Chema Juarez.

I hereby politely ask any moderator to close this thread, for the better of this community, nay, for the sake of humanity.

AmGoodAtWynn likes this.
  20. Peeves5200

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.