Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Elemental Revamp Update + 1.19 Teaser

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the kind of middle-ground post we want more of. Stuff got cut and we were told. Other things were shown instead. More of this please. :)

2. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The coolest one imo is the one called "Greed". I won't say what it does, but you could make a decent-ish build based completely around it and it's definitely not a build anyone has made seriously before.

3. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Stuff like Major IDs make Wynncraft super special. I love it!
    Implying that there are even cooler ones coming!! Super exciting stuff. And new normal IDs are also interesting: I've been trying to think what else could be added? Not much in the current game.. but Wynncraft is always surprising. We'll see!
    And I can't wait to see more!

4. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I hope Pandemonium can use Mob only spells as well so that there's a small chance of the player self-destructing.

NITEHAWKX, Iboju, Khaps and 23 others like this.
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, this was pretty much my exact reaction.

Major IDs
    @Major_Lue IDs* sound interesting - we've seen this in Suggestions for a while. I just hope the Major IDs are being balanced by the IMs - I'm quite certain if it's done by others it'll be extremely broken upon release with plenty of poorly-thought out side effects, much like what happened with crafting getting changed late in the process.

As others have commented, the Pandemonium change at least shows that someone maybe managed to change Salted's mind about that stupid restriction. Thinking from a balancing perspective though, 10 seconds is really long - I don't anticipate this making the item useful on that sort of timeframe.

Elemental Revamp
    Overall I'm really sad to see it go. Buried in the initial negative wave were many many excellent parts of the revamp, including:
    - The overall orientation of tri-elemental combos was really good. I had quibbles of course - TWF's high mana low damage affiliation was doomed of course (particularly since mana steal caps out so early, and the only way to get damage on TWF is to sacrifice your mana regen by using Tophet, gaining some extra mana steal which does very little anyway), and since EWA didn't have many -tier options it was pretty mediocre. I wrote a giant post on EWF vs. TWA, but in the scheme of things that was a very minor point compared to the issues the item system has experienced in the past.
    - Raw spell being balanced, instead of dumb stuff like Memento being the default raw spell boots. And even hints of such balance on accessories too!
    - Slow melee being useful (outside of Stinger).
    - Tanks being viable.
    - Glass cannons being viable.
    - More items getting mana sustain without having an Int req - although, I disliked the overall reduction in mana sustain bonuses.
    - The Diamond Hydro Ring rework looking as though someone's figured out that the curve for damage boosts on accessories is extremely weak.
    - Etc.

Of course I disliked some parts of it too:
    - Mana sustain reduction was annoying, I strongly agree with that oft-cited point (especially from the perspective of warrers).
    - Lack of effective -tier items.

But overall I don't like how it was just kind of scrapped. That's really weird.

New IDs
    Note the plural.
    - Lifesteal percent has been floated for a long time, I'm sure the CT has taken notice. Then again, health regen percent was (in my opinion) the biggest reason why health regen basically went from useless to the centerpiece of the build as you went from about 500 to about 1500 hpr. So, honestly I think the better option would be to remove hpr percent.
    - Knockback was originally planned for ingredients but ended up not panning out, so that's another possibility, assuming it works properly.
    - Jump boost?
    - Other stuff? idk
    - Stuff like Thorns, Reflection, and Stealing being useful.
    - Stuff like Elemental defense percents and Soul point regen having large enough values to actually matter (which, outside of a few edge cases, they never really do).

* I promise that's the last time I'll tag you like that Major :P

NITEHAWKX, NicBOMB, Tsuneo and 10 others like this.
  6. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please finally add that knockback id

make spell warrior viable for the first time in over a year

also thank god the revamp was scrapped, like others have said I'm glad I can finally be hyped for an update, it's definitely been a fat minute since last time

7. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Rip people who bought mythics specifically for the revamp/sold their stratis for cheap tho

Epicness937 and brokenmotor like this.
  8. banana0401

banana0401 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is really quite annoying. I've begun getting ready for the elemental revamp since it was announced, but considering this has happened I've lost lots of my time and money getting my builds ready (I can imagine this happening to others as well). The 1.19 abilities are nice, but elemental revamp being cancelled is just another thing.

Druser likes this.
  9. Gallade

Gallade dropped his strati and quit (but not really) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Will all mythics have major Id's?
    Will warchief become useful? Find out in episode 19 of wynncraft

Iboju, That_Chudley and Epicness937 like this.
  10. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah I agree it's kind of ass they announced this update, gave time for everyone to get new items, then announce they're not doing most of it. I hope they go through with the new items in the end and just try to come on an even ground between the haters and the fans, I'd personally love to see most of the new items stay

banana0401 and Druser like this.
  11. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    "Your base damage is equal to the number of liquified emerald you got on you, up to 1000."

"Thanks for cancelling item revamp, lot of us didn't like it, it would destroy our builds !"

And on the other side :

"I'm sad the revamp was cancelled, lot of us liked it, it would have created and balanced a lot of builds !"

Both are right, but none is saying the same thing.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  12. Treebeard68

Treebeard68 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    One thing I've haven't seen is anybody talking about the new mythic boots, and I don't remember them being cancelled during the Elemental Revamp. So, I have one question. (that's a lie there are two)
    Are the new mythic boots still going to be added? I'm kind of in between wanting them and not, because 5 mythic boots right now is already enough, but I'd love to see what 5 more mythic boots would be like.

(And if they aren't being added, is there a possibility the stats will be revealed at a later date?)

Epicness937 likes this.
  13. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Usually they release the stat of a mythic item to public when someone find that mythic after an official update.

14. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Regarding the new hive items, I know the new new ones will be added, but will for example Anima infused stay a helmet and keep its IDs or what's the deal with that? I'm also curious as to whether or not the hive items will follow the new format with the negative sp in the stats it doesn't represent because when building negative sp is a lot more devastating than people think.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  15. Oromas

Oromas Du wisdom abr du welden

Guild:
    i got it !
    i got it ![2x]

Hyperheretical likes this.
  16. brokenmotor

brokenmotor Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ty :sunglasses:

tig likes this.
  17. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed.

Warchief is already useful and has been since whenever it got its last change.

market though

Iboju and banana0401 like this.
  18. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    also i am waiting for people to bring in full tank AoR guardian alt into all situations with a divzer build

bygones better still exist

RazorGuild and Bart (MC) like this.
  19. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Idol needs to make you slowly walk towards water, aswell as something cool.

Iboju and Epicness937 like this.
  20. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    There's still probs gonna be a strati nerf so you're not safe yet. Also that strati is cursed to never sell lol.

Iboju likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.