Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Your argument about the 400 sp makes no sense to me, please elaborate.

2. TheLior60

TheLior60 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    If you saw the beta items or even the items that are currently ingame, most of the rare and legendaries take a lot of skill points towards one or two elements if they increase it, it can get to over 100 and if it's too much, it will be like minimum 90, so for example you will have a helmet, which requires 90 agility and 70 intelligence, now you have a chestplate which requires 60 strength and 70 dexterity.
    90 + 70 + 70 + 60 = 290 and it's like minimum.

so if you want to get creative or go nuts on a build that you like, this revamp will kill your wish

3. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    1. thats in most cases a bad idea
    2. its possible with uniques because they give 20-30 sp now

4. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe what he is talking about is how a lot of things have a lot higher requirements and it is overall harder to get the sp.
    Something like this https://wynndata.tk/s/qy23sn requiring 360 sp now, compared to this https://wynndata.tk/s/8oqxn1 which you could wear both without needing any sp items.
    Basically doing quad elemental builds are gonna be weaker than ones that focus on tri, just because the good items are locked behind massive sp requirements.
    That does not disprove his point about rare and legendary requirements being increased locking them up and giving less freedom and requiring you to use more uniques just to get sp for your build, something that is not really required right now. Actually helps prove the point.

Snipy and m0chu | anson like this.
  5. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    im just saying its not impossible to use any combo you want as long as its not 4 pieces of armour

6. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yes, you cant take the best of each element in quad-builds, but to compensate for this, you have access to more different items and are able to combine the strenghts of different elements, while weaknesses are easier to counter (plus you get a larger effect from skill points). From what I've seen to far, quad-builds don't necessarily seem to be weaker than triple-builds, but even if they turn out to be so, thats just a matter of balancing and finetuning. The general approach that focusing on more elements should come at a cost, that a distribution of power should exactly be that, a distribution and not an expansion, is what a (nearly) jack-of-all-trades-playstyle is all about.
    And the Hetusol + Warchief example you gave shows this, you shouldn't be able to just put heavily offensive-orientated boots like Warchief and a heavily defensive-orientated chestplate like Hetusol together as if it is nothing. Yes, one might argue that the update goes a little bit too far by making them basically unuseable together, but thats exactly what I'm talking about, they are literally extreme opposites, the best of both worlds and just because you can't use this exact combination, it doesn't mean you can't use Hetusol along with more offensive items, Warchief with more defensive/mana-items or in general an ETWF-build. You just need to think a little bit more about to make it work; and thats what I would call "creative", finding out-of-the-box solutions to different problems, not just slapping together whatever you want to use in a build.

Bart (MC), Stag2001 and Druser like this.
  7. TheLior60

TheLior60 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the thing is unique don't usually have the stats that legends have, like a unique might have 10% melee damage, and a legend one will have 25%, so its useless

8. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    What?

Snipy, Fwap a Durp and Druser like this.
  9. Treebeard68

Treebeard68 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    They greatly buffed or reworked a lot of uniques, making them much better and very viable now. Uniques have a lower cost than legendaries and they usually have lots of SP bonus, and their damage was buffed too. For example; Mountaintop was pretty useless before the revamp. Now, it has good damage AND it has +1 tier attack speed. You could use Centipede over it, but Mountaintop is a lot less glassier and works in Valiance Archetype, unlike Centipede, unless you can get past that negative SP. Mountaintop also has quite a bit of agility, so it's useful for meeting agility reqs.

Ok this is the first and probably the last time I'll post on here bye :D

NITEHAWKX, xSkiing and Hyperheretical like this.
  10. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    You are no longer able to stack any legendary and rates you come by and create something and call it a build, higher the tier gives higher req meaning you have to carefully select your items so they work together.

Players are encouraged to combo uniques (which received a massive buff) and skill point gears in order to use the select few legendaries and high power gears. This create an extra layer of thought other than “good gears x good gears = good build”

For more information about why skill points are so tight in builds and the design philosophy of the new system, check out this comment I made a couple pages back

Bart (MC) likes this.
  11. Arkade

Arkade Who am I? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    oh god this cant be happening

12. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm slightly confused with what the purpose of the fire element is. The reason being is as I'm trying to make beta builds I'm finding the overall damage of fire weapons was nerfed without much overall compensation. Any plans on what to do about this? I'm talking weapons like phonix wing, ignition, and hellstrand that overall where fine or even needed a buff but overall just got slight nerfs.

Asking here cause I want community opinion and I'm still working on a long feedback form.

13. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    That is an important question to be asking, and honestly I should have thought of it as well considering that my favorite element is fire. It seems like a notable focus of this update is to make both defenses and damage harder to come by. At least, it is more difficult to be sufficiently resistant to more than three elements. Fire is heralded as the element of universal defense and regeneration, so it makes sense that damage is at least slightly less than that of the other elements. But fire does not always have those luxuries anymore. So now what?

Epicness937 and victorpotato2 like this.
  14. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think its also worth noting that fire in itself already had a lower damage output than the other elements outside of tier stacking (the only part of fire that has been buffed). We can see that defense is being pushed more towards lifesteal and high hp rather than elemental defenses which is in itself a bit odd. But this pushes fire away from being defensive because almost all types of items are being made "defensive" within their archetypes. I personally would want some damage buffs on alot of fire weapons because of this.

Also please remake Phoenix wing cause the beta one sucks even more k thx bye

15. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    That’s actually a super good idea, especially since the most active players, and thus those most likely to care about this, are more likely to be hero ranked. I would also suggest, if possible, greatly increasing the loot drop rate in the beta if they do do this, so more time can be spent on builds rather than item gathering

16. Epicness937

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If we are going there why not just give us access to unlimited resources for beta testing? Cause I mean grinding and crap isn't changing

17. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Professional Loser CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why does this update feel like a complete overhaul on builds altogether, it seems pretty fucking garbage ngl

Arkade likes this.
  18. Chronozilla

Chronozilla Mistress of Dern HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here's an idea:
    1. Save the entire item rework to be released in tandem with Dern
    2. Have Dern increase the level cap to 120
    3. Leave all the current gear as is (aside from morph, that change is needed)
    4. instead of replacing the current gear with its overhauled version, make all the would-be overhauled gear from level 80 to 100 new gear that drops in dern at levels 100 to 120

This would preserve all current gear, and make populating the 100-120 loot pool extremely easy, given all the work has already been done, all the stats just need to be upscaled by whichever amount is suiting for a 20 level difference. (using a 20% increase for below example)

Using Virgo as an example:

Current Virgo would stay as:
    Combat min: 97
    5 health

1/4 - 3/4 mana regen
    30% - 130% thorns
    30% - 130% reflection
    15% - 65% exploding

a new pair of boots would be introduced with dern that's identical to reworked virgo, adjusted for level inflation where appropriate

Dernic Virgo: (would have a different name, or alternatively just slapping "Dernic" infront of every current item works too)
    Combat min: 117
    Strength Min: 70
    Dexterity Min: 80
    5 health
    -350 air defense

8 - 36 strength
    6 - 24 agility
    24% - 100% exploding
    10% - 48% earth damage
    10% - 48% thunder damage
    -130% - -80% fire damage

I understand the item revamp is touching minorly on other issues aswell, namely toning down mana regen across the board and making rainbow builds less compatible with non-rainbow items, these issues can be safely adressed with smaller individual item changes instead of being included in the big revamp.

This idea has the major flaw of making current gear not top tier, as there would be a whole 20 levels of gear above all the current gear, which might devalue current gear, but hopefully less than the revamp would end up doing.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  19. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Isn't making 20 more lvls going to guarantee a devaluation of all lvl 100 gear? Because you’re suggesting to copy all current Beta gear and make new items whilst putting “Dernic” in front of all names.

NITEHAWKX, Shoefarts, Druser and 5 others like this.
  20. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it is a complete overhaul on builds
    as to why it's being done: have you ever considered playing in any style besides tierstack melee or spell-spam? likely not, as they suck. the item team wants to promote other types of builds to be viable, which requires pretty much the whole item system to be rebalanced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.