Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 789poiu3

789poiu3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What. the mana-steal, mana-regen and intelligence aren't nearly enough to sustain you in a war. Even if it was, this build is still no-where near what you can do in the current patch.

2. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    courage is fixed

edit: yeah i dont like quad elements being discouraged so much either tbh

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    hppeng likes this.
  3. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    doesn't affect raw melee, never has from what I've heard

by2011 likes this.
  4. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    quads are completely viable and pretty insane

5. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Make me a quad, any weapon. I wanna see this.

6. bloww

Minecraft:
    Hyperheretical likes this.
  7. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    7/4s mana steal
    1/4s mana regen
    Meteors costing 7 each cast (can only cast 1 per second)
    If you are hitting at least 4 mobs, which is not hard in wars, you will be able to sustain mana.
    In filler wars, you will not need to worry much because you will still have enough melee damage to finish most mobs off and meteor every once in a while and should be able to finish in the min time anyway.
    In max wars, you will be hitting an estimate of 10-20 mobs per melee which means if you take the 7/4s mana steal and they multiply it by even just the 10 you will have 70/4s mana regen basically which gives you plenty of mana to cast those 7 mana meteors.

And I know that this build is not as great as some you could make in the current patch, but we know this patch is gonna happen and the most you can do is make sure some things are not too underpowered by giving feedback when the feedback form is open.

8. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/ofie95 lethe got renamed btw, I thought I was getting 10k dps too though, dw

by2011 likes this.
  9. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks, I actually just replaced the fatal in my build with genetor and it turned out to be pretty decent for a non-mythic build.

10. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i know they can.
    i never said they couldnt.
    absolutely not. theres a point where having people disagree about things is fine, but people who disagree with the system only because it breaks their build should not be accepted into the cool kids club thing they have

Dondasch and Bart (MC) like this.
  11. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    You implied that IM could not handle our feedback by saying people in guilds could single-handedly overthrow their authority regarding item changes.

RazorGuild likes this.
  12. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    obviously anyone with a brain could see when someone was trying to revert shit to pre-overhaul, but if something super op snuck through the cracks last-minute then there would be another shitty op meta

13. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't say LI is easier or harder than wars, its just different.

I made a spell warrior that solos full wars decently easily (Thrundacrack if anyone was wondering) but struggles in LI at dr. legendary. Probably can't win anymore after defense nerf

Quad is the best yo
    Mage is also cool

I like how the most powerful things are the ones that kinda break the spirit of the update

14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Funny how that works? That's actually totally within the spirit of the update, as the aim here is to lower the skill floor and raise the skill ceiling. We're making building quad/split much tougher, but it's just as rewarding, while also making it easier to zero in on good builds by simply building tri-or-dual element just like before. Some items have a much lesser binding than others and can be used outside of their "designated" tris, and that's fine. The misconception that tri is meant to be everything is just that; a misconception. It's just that it was way overboard before with the overprevalence of rainbow SP and generally low reqs of things.

Cosomos, hppeng, Druser and 1 other person like this.
  15. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    really? I'm a war builder myself and all I see from this update is only some archetypes are viable for war, and those that are viable actually improves on dps and/or survivability.
    Can't really check on your builds are since wynndata is down, but I can say pretty confidently that there are new items that can do their job better

16. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm a war builder myself and I see a lack of creativity/options for builds and boundaries I have to stay within. It's already been safely established that the new items can't do a better job. This update was meant for people who build in wynndata and do nothing with those builds and to either completely nerf or change the current meta, I honestly don't know at this point, but both seem stupid to me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Snipy likes this.
  17. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    See the only thing I see with this update is a lack of freedom in build making and less rewarding builds. This takes away the fun of build making by essentially keeping us within stricter boundaries than before and there's little to be gained. Not to mention items like Diamond hydro bracelet, diamond hydro necklace, moon pool circlet, atlas, cinderchain, burnout, centipede, chestplate of ineptitude etc. have had their purposes ruined, I don't think any of them actually needed to be changed, the new diamond hydro rings I quite like actually, but forcing us into archetypes isn't a smart move and while the whole archetypes thing was cool, it could have just been encouraged by adding the 6 new hive items. This update is over the top, it's being shoved down everyone's throats and it could have been executed in a much better and simpler fashion. Also this quote kills me "Some items have a much lesser binding than others and can be used outside of their "designated" tris, and that's fine." The only items that should be somewhat binding to their "designated tris" are hive items. That's the purpose of hive items, they're made with decently high reqs so you can build within those boundaries and still have a little bit of freedom in your builds to build outside of the designated tri.

Shoefarts and Snipy like this.
  18. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't see where that is coming from. all items in a specific archetype are doing their job extremely well, and for war builds (anima, paladin, tempest, void) the damage and mana you're getting are comparable to pre-trielemental while sacrificing very little survivability. paladin is the only outlier here with 15k bomb arrows from spring, 17k bomb arrows gma while having 10/4 mr and 100+ intel (provided the build are most likely going to be nerf'd). "can't do a better job" you say, I'd say this update improved on alot of the builds

19. bloww

Minecraft:
    you keep repeating yourself although youve been proven wrong several times

you need to stop talking out of your ass i dont see that anywhere

dhydro and mpc were nerfed because of the mana nerfs
    atlas is fair enough but its most likely getting a buff
    cinderchain was overnerfed a tiny bit but i dont see why youre saying it lost its purpose because its exactly the same but with less damage
    burnout is much better and less niche although fire needs more options for tier stack which i dont doubt will be fixed
    centipede and ineptitude have literally the same, centipede was barely changed at all???? and ineptitude is still yet again only fucking over fire tierstack
    so thats like, 4 valid complaints out of 900 something items. care to explain why you actually think the update is limiting creativity when 896 other items were buffed?

honestly its pretty clear that you havent tried making builds with these new items at all, even i who sucks at building with the current items am able to make decent builds that surpass anything i would be able to do currently (see: 12k spins fates shear builds)

20. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Someone's a bit hostile. Alright let's start unpacking things shall we? First of all you would have to be blind to see that our options are being limited here, Selvut literally said himself that there are items that are supposed to be binding in the sense that they should be used within their respective archetype, that is the definition of a restriction, they are trying to make it more annoying to use fire tier stack, another restriction and just the fact that archetypes being encouraged is a prime example of lack of freedom, how was I proven wrong in that regard? You might need to take a look at the definition of freedom pal, "the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint." The whole archetype thing seems like a hindrance and restraint to me. So in terms of "It's already been safely established that the new items can't do a better job." This is true and I stand by it, I haven't been able to make a replica of my archer build for example, it's next to impossible to get 12/4 mana regen with decent elemental defenses and 10.5k bombs, also if you can make me a black build with 13 mana steal and 10k spins with at least 105 intel I'll give you that one.
    "dhydro and mpc were nerfed because of the mana nerfs" mana didn't need a nerf in the first place because if you can fit enough intel into your build you should also be rewarded with a decent amount of mana. Dhydro bracelet and necklace were meant so that you could give your builds a decent amount more intelligence and mana steal or regen to give your build a little extra zing if you will to compliment the fact that you have a high intelligence stat.
    "atlas is fair enough but its most likely getting a buff" well I hope the buff is giving it -8 attack speed tier at the minimum because that's the entire purpose of the item, lose attack speed in exchange for mana and life steal.
    "cinderchain was overnerfed a tiny bit but i dont see why youre saying it lost its purpose because its exactly the same but with less damage" again, same thing with atlas, cinderchain is supposed to trade an attack speed tier for higher damages than most of the other items in the game. I think it was perfectly balanced before and didn't need a nerf.
    "burnout is much better and less niche although fire needs more options for tier stack which i dont doubt will be fixed" it won't be fixed, in fact multiple people are convinced for some reason that fire tier stack is op and needed to be nerfed which is complete crap. Burnout was fine, it gave no sp, made you a bit glassier, took away some melee damage and gave negative mana regen and in exchange rewarded you with an attack speed tier, some fire damage and walk speed.
    "centipede and ineptitude have literally the same, centipede was barely changed at all???? and ineptitude is still yet again only fucking over fire tierstack" ok centipede was changed a lot, it gives negative health now which is very annoying to counter unless you like 9k health builds, I certainly don't. Centipede also gives you negative defense to make it near impossible to build fire tier stack, if there's an item in the game like centipede having a unique quality such as 2 attack speed tier you shouldn't limit where it's being used, that's stupid. The whole update in terms of tier stacking is completely favoring earth because let's be real here, no one builds water, thunder or air tier stack because it's not viable 9 times out of 10, and with water, just build spell honestly I don't know why someone would waste their time building water tier stack, but if they want to they should be able to. Chestplate of ineptitude is ruining half of its purpose, again, it's only used in fire and earth tier stack builds.
    "so thats like, 4 valid complaints out of 900 something items. care to explain why you actually think the update is limiting creativity when 896 other items were buffed?" I felt the need to mention some of the important ones, I'm not going to sit here and list every problem with 900 items. Umm if you look at the changelog on wynndata, majority of the items weren't nerfed??? and if you want me to explain why this update is limiting my creativity, look at one of the first sentences I put in this post or use some common sense, either works.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.