Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    LI is predictable and significantly easier than full defense wars, I can solo LI without pots easily, it's a bit more difficult to solo full defense wars without pots and I think just the experience of warring and making war builds gives you a better perspective on building as a whole. Also people war a lot more than they do LI. There isn't an LI community and just because you can solo LI doesn't mean a build is good lol. I'm not sure if you know Avatapaxn, but he's a good friend of mine and someone that can solo Qira and LI without armor.
    What? How does that accomplish anything? You're pretending as if the war community doesn't exist, our builds that we've been experimenting with are being destroyed, one of my friends has a bot with a ton of war builds on it that will be next to useless with the impending update. Just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else does and it doesn't mean you can shield yourself from criticism when drastic and honestly stupid changes like this are happening. I'm sorry for this, but I am just furious with this update, it's not needed at all, people blow things way out of proportion like fire tier stack being "OP" which if you actually *tested your builds* you would know that it's not. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ONLY fire tier stack weapon that has a good chance at soloing a 22k war, which is arguably the biggest challenge in the game between the difficulty of the mobs and the 20 minute limit, is Apocalypse and it's not even guaranteed. People do time out in those wars. I honestly can't take this update seriously anymore, I love Wynn, but I feel like this is putting the nail in Wynn's coffin, we've seen from the last update that people don't like change, people have left because of the last update which really didn't screw up a whole lot, but this update is literally ruining build making. I had to vent because this is getting to be ridiculous at this point and I apologize.

26. | Haisay | 3884 / 4083 | 95.1%

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i feel like this thread is sidetracking again
    yeah, current war builds are going to be broken. so is every other build. the principles current (war) builds use though, those will carry over to the new meta with this update and there will be new builds that will work well in wars. i cant call myself a war expert, but from my testing with them it seems like life steal hybrids work very well in wars. those will exist after the update, and even have archtypes supporting them into being stronger

basically i dont exactly see how the update's fucking with the war community in particular. everyone's builds are going to get slaughtered equally at first, but the same playstyles (and more since thats the point of the update) will be viable and fine. you just need to adjust your builds like everyone else

3. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Damn, I thought I was an experienced troll.

4. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Life steal hybrid builds won't work because hybrids are either melee or spell dominant, if they're melee dominant they need a higher melee dps while being able to use spells sometimes and unreliably. If they're spell dominant, which is what I use and I use a life steal hybrid myself with Black, you need a high intelligence for better mana sustain. The idea that hybrid can be viable with no intel and low melee dps, since tier stacking isn't a thing there, isn't true. Post update there will be spell dominant hybrid builds and life steal builds. The fact that you can use a reliable hybrid build without intel at all isn't true imo to sum it up, mana steal/regen will never be enough if you don't have high enough intelligence, I usually like to have at least 114 on my archer and 105 on my assassin, warrior and mage are both much better if used as melee classes tbh. Meteor would only be a good spell if it was spammable, but it takes about a second for it to land, I can cast 3 spins in one second therefore I've never seen a mage build that can out dps my assassin builds. Spell warrior is even worse, the spells launch things away from you and give them time to regenerate, I don't think I've ever heard of someone soloing a full defense war with spell warrior. If you don't think this update is screwing with the war community I don't really think you're that familiar with the type of builds we use, from what I've seen anyways. I don't see a lot of viability in this update at all.

m0chu | anson and Hyperheretical like this.
  5. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh, whatever.

It is completely useless to argue, as war in itself is something subjective to every person.
    I think wars are useless and only see it as means to not get bored in endgame, so I don't even bother.
    You say wars are great etc. etc.
    Depending on what you think on wars, your view changes. With Fox as a guild that is constantly fighting for #1 guild or not, ofc there is a whole community against such an update. But if you're trying to say just because the update hits you more, you should have more to say, that is not true.

----------------------------------------------------------

The update hits everyone. What they do with it, is their own problem. Yes, the update affects you especially bad, but only when considering what you usually do with your builds.

But what is more important is to see that it literally destroys EVERYONES build. To make room for new stuff. Better stuff (theoretically). How it works out in the end, we will have to see. Because you cannot plan everything perfectly. There are always hidden factors that might change the result completely.

But saying you should have more to say just because the update affects you bad, that goes too far.

Anyway, as I said. No arguing about guildstuff, because in the end, it is completely subjective.

Bart (MC), Shoefarts and bloww like this.
  6. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:

Snipy likes this.
  7. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, that really sums up my comment.
    Thank you very much :D

8. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it's not subjective that the war community is the biggest demographic in the Wynn community, this update screws over a lot of people, and that's not my opinion either, that's actually a fact believe it or not.

9. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sooooo, just taking some sh*t and selling it as a fact works nowadays?

Wow, where have we come...

Bart (MC), Shoefarts and Druser like this.
  10. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what? it's a fact that people in the war community will have their builds ruined and the builds that we're being forced to make now are extremely low quality. The only people that seem to understand that are people in the war community.

11. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, read your comment wrong. Yes, builds are being screwed over. No one said otherwise you donut.

And about that "biggest demographic" part. That is simply not true.
    Of all players playing wynncraft (not including the ones that are VERY new or barely played in general), many are in guilds, yes. Maybe even around 90%.

But of those people, how many do you think actively war?

Not even 20%.

Just because Fox might be different doesnt mean its that way everywhere you look.

Btw. don't read donut as a serious insult, just me being me.

12. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I doubt that. Do you have any evidence to back this statement?

13. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Whoo, glad I'm refreshing the page.
    In all seriousness though, there are people in this thread who barely see guild members as human. They think our opinion on this matter doesn't count at all. Therefore, I think this backlash from the war community is perfectly justified, although I would love to be living in a world where both the majority and minority matter. Just so I have a reason to eat my Internet popcorn, I'll let you all decide which communities fall where in those two categories.

Snipy and Hei like this.
  14. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yo can we have some standard war builds y'all use so the builder guys will have a look on how similar ones can be recreated with beta items?

Bart (MC), Stag2001, xSkiing and 5 others like this.
  15. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly I can't deal with this thread anymore, I haven't seen one intellectual thought on the opposite end of my argument because it seems like most people don't understand the complexity of good builds and honestly if the item team wants to ruin the game even further by fucking up builds I don't care at this point. I've stuck by and enjoyed Wynn for over a year despite being surrounded by constant complaints, but for once I agree with those people, this was a stupid idea to begin with and I can't believe it's even being considered. If you wanna encourage archetypes all you have to do is add the new hive items, that's literally it, you don't need to screw up and change all the items we have right now. If people want nothing to do with this update they don't have to participate and if they do, then they can build around the new hive items or something.
    https://wynndata.tk/s/s9vkw3 Archer
    https://wynndata.tk/s/2bcg6x Ninja
    https://wynndata.tk/s/ut2epx Dark Wizard

Realises likes this.
  16. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wtf

Bart (MC), YYGAYMER and Druser like this.
  17. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that uses builds productively, pretty sure there isn't a big LI or Hive community

18. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    i know right

19. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    here are my 6
    https://wynndata.tk/s/YontG1 archer
    https://wynndata.tk/s/uRyLFk archer part 2
    https://wynndata.tk/s/UZRdnW asaasain
    https://wynndata.tk/s/NvdlwS mage
    https://wynndata.tk/s/9wfkya mage part 2
    https://wynndata.tk/s/fj835k mage part 3

only build that is at all surviving would be archer part 2, just swap wc for ex nihilo. the rest are all fundamentally broken in one way or another

by2011 likes this.
  20. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey

I'm confused as to what your evidence is to prove that post update, war builds will be nigh impossible to make.

Is it that

A. Melee dps on melee oriented hybrids aren't high enough?
    and
    B. You can't get intelligence on spell hybrid builds?

Both of which aren't really true, melee builds have generally risen in dps aside from fire. Additionally, most builds now drop centipede in order to retain spell damage.

Spell builds in hybrid still easily get intelligence, have you looked at Thunder/Water + Fire (Earth too but too glassy for wars) and Earth/Water/Air?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.