Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Ofc there will be, these people ain’t stupid. They probably just can’t reveal anything yet.

Bart (MC) and SilverMirror like this.
  2. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Its actually something really debatable in the IM team, on one side we want new players to ease into these archetypes without needing to completely rely on the forums or community to do so, but on the other side we don't want veteran players to feel like they're being/not being labelled and restricted mentally. One idea we had was to add a prefix in the lore of every item like [Void] or something. Another idea is also to give some sort of really minor set bonuses for each comboed archetype where it's slightly rewarded to combo things together but won't be discouraging if players want to go off combo, but this one is also pretty controversial. I personally like the last idea coz it gives us more room to put archetype IDs without overloading item IDs themselves.

3. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    Also pls buff vampiric

Bart (MC) likes this.
  4. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    ye this is definitely gonna happen, its not performing that well during testing phase as well but we ran out of time

Druser, CookedPelvis, Miles_ and 2 others like this.
  5. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    Nice looking forward to it hehe

6. StoopidDog

StoopidDog A high probability of barking HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    when this item patch is applied, we need many unique items. but our bank space is not enough to keep all these items.
    can't lower bank expansion price at the same time as the item patch?
    if more items are used here, i need to use a bank account.

7. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/bank-page-prices-better-version.248167/
    Might want to take a look there, IMs can't do a lot about it.

ParkourTNT and StoopidDog like this.
  8. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    is it just me or is Paladin way too strong in comparison to others? every time I build I don't really need to spend much thought into it and still obtain 10+/4 mana regen along with really good damage and health, while other archetypes I either struggle with mana, damage or health, if not, all.

9. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Good question, this is something we really need more testing data (in fact every archetype needs more from everyone, but anyway). We gave Paladin and Anima a buff towards the end coz the mana trait wasn't representative enough, maybe it's too much?

10. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sooooooo, with many items getting a change in their IDs, will we have to reroll all our stuff? If so, I really disapprove of this update, spending lots of money to get good IDed items just to have them get rerolled by update means. If not, then I can't wait for the update to roll.

Epicness937 likes this.
  11. StoopidDog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i don't think so.
    once you have this item patch, you will agree that there will be a shortage of bank space.
    if this item patch causes another problem, it becomes a bad patch.
    i believe IM will be a little easier to reach with other teams, and i'll talk to here.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  12. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    The archetypes that do not contain water are the follows

1. Rogue (Earth-Thunder-Air) tier stacking melee archetype, which does not use spells as main damage source but instead tier boosting attack speed for melee.

2. Valiance (Earth-Fire-Air) fast melee, which does not use spells as main damage source but instead stacking raw melee IDs.

3. Volcanic (Earth-Thunder-Fire) heavy melee hybrid, which does not use spells but instead uses heavy melee and powder specials as the main damage source, it also has mana steal support to allow a certain degree of spell usage to support for extra damage and stunt locking effects.

4. Vampiric (Thunder-Fire-Air) sustain tank, which uses melee in conjunction with spells, is the only one we are experiencing problems of underperformance exactly due to spells play a larger role in its playstyle compare to other non-water related archetypes. We overcharged its mana steal to give it more hybrid capabilities but further investigations and modifications are required.

Cosomos, Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  13. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I appreciate that you guys are gonna be making this feedback form. I hope that it will make the changes not as restrictive feeling. I tried making a few builds mainly in the Thunder/Fire/Air type because Fatal has always been my favorite weapon, and it has been kinda hard to.
    I do think that the id changes to fatal are good, I have always believed that fatal should be used as mixed melee and spell and use mana steal instead of mana regen.

Miles_ likes this.
  14. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    Thunder air fire is gaaaarbage atm. They will change it

15. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say paladin's mana is slightly too much, the main thing going for paladin are items like aphotic and many other high +spell% and/or +elemental% whereas anima have fewer good +spell% and/or +elemental%, and those that have +spell% or +elemental% usually lack in mana regen. Paladin also have Chef Hamsey's Apron (3/4 mr along with 41% total damage boost) that can be paired with Gaea-Hewn Boots to be absolutely ridiculous

Example of Chef Hamsey's Apron + Gaea-Hewn Boots becoming ridiculous:
    Grandmother: https://wynndata.tk/s/gpi3kq
    Spring: https://wynndata.tk/s/9vh1nj

EDIT: used old gma previously, slightly changed the build in ~5 minutes

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    SilverMirror likes this.
  16. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How exactly is it underperforming if I may ask?
    As this is the one I have tried to build in the most, I think it generally does its purpose just could maybe use a bit more damage.

17. StoopidDog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    life steal, mana steal has basically a mob that can be used. spell is basically a way to fight away from mobs. however, i think that Vampiric has difficulty in supplying and receiving mana based on spell. this archetype needs more mana supprot.

18. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I made this build with messing around for like 10 minutes. https://wynndata.tk/s/9dpabl
    I think that it is mostly fine as it will have more than enough mana just that the damage is kind of low.
    No questions about it being able to tank, it will.

Keep in mind I normally build for wars (but it may also work in other things like Legendary Island).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  19. StoopidDog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the hive armor also has some problems. high sp requirement and -sp are only seen as archetype monopolies.
    how about removing the -sp and lowering the sp requirement to support the quad archetype or rainbow type?

20. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    No int so u cant throw many spells rip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.