Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    It's actual damage is absolutely lacking. But you will not die, making it so that any boss that can outdamage it's own healing output will die by your hands.

What I'm more worried about with a build like that is PVP. Once (if) PVP comes back into some popularity, a build like that will be incredibly unfun to fight against since the only thing you can do is avoid it. Especially considering how most people prefer glass canons (for as far as I know)

And taking away this little supplemental melee damage, pure cactus will be powerful for the other classes. Swap in neutrino for vaward and you can get a king of hearts/ignis. There's most likely also a fire/air/ele defense praesidium somewhere in there if I have some free time this week.

So to answer your question:
    Yes, whilst I don't think it's too OP for PVE. I think it's too OP in PVP and I also think that a full cactus playstyle is kinda boring so long as there's no way to draw aggro away from other players onto you. Because as is, you just kinda stand there.
    There's also the potential for AFK farming this way now that I think about it. Which I think everyone agrees to be OP.

2. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There have been dozens of awful updates. It’s not exactly hard to think of examples Goden could be talking about lol

Jacquie and Goden like this.
  3. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're not immune to poison. If a mage with poison build faces you then you won't stand a chance; even if, let's say the poison hurt the mage aswell because either thorns or reflection (which I'm not sure if does, but I doubt) it can still use heal. And remember: your only way of dealing damage is thorns and reflection. Not really effective.

Bart (MC) and creature like this.
  4. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    all of 1.18

Jacquie, Gangplank, Shoefarts and 4 others like this.
  5. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Ok this whole debacle has inspired me to come onto these forums and give my two cents.
    And with "my two cents" I mean what the fuck is this build.
    Or this abomination.
    These builds probably aren't even optimised.
    Some of this shit really needs to be reconsidered.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    SmileyAlec likes this.
  6. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    then how about you name some?

7. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright so,
    - Stinger has dps comparable to really good non-mythic archer spell builds now
    - Tank isn't trash anymore

I'd say the Stinger build is pretty well-optimized, although you used the wrong Leggings of Desolation. Also worth noting that's you're using a strong offensive mythic.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  8. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:

9. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Alright I fixed it. Luckily the leggings of desolation barely make a difference and actually make the water defence better. I don't really see the price of Warchief rising to the level of any of the mythic weapons so the Stinger build is still pretty easy to get, so in my opinion the power you can get from just slapping damage items (ironically what this update was trying to prevent(?)) is far beyond acceptable.

SmileyAlec likes this.
  10. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    anything else, or is there just one fluke of updates?
    (i wanna say more, but im gonna wait for more of a solid argument from you)

11. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    corkus

12. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:

Bart (MC), SmileyAlec and Shamos200 like this.
  13. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    what was so bad about that update that it was only added because all the work was put into it? it only added new content, and barely changed others. i believe everyone was exited for this update, and there were few people who disliked it from the changelog.

1.18 is one of your better examples. while it did change a lot, crafting can be easily ignored by just not doing it if you dont want an extra edge in exchange for some time.

please, try again and find a better example of a bad update

blow w likes this.
  14. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    1 to 2 years later a large majority of people find corkus extremely lackluster, when it was released sure there was hype, but thats because there was a massive content drought, the reason people arent a fan of corkus anymore is cause how small it is. one island with like 4 or 5 quests? that shouldnt be advertised as a big update, thats a small content patch if anything

Shoefarts likes this.
  15. Hyco

Hyco Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will give some feedback on mythics because people spammed me about this changes and I guess it's helpful for you.

Fatal: well what do you wanna say to that, it's a change.. but is it bad? No, it's different but reasonable and all right.

Singularity: lowering the req. in trade for some damage is alright, making it more melee focused is good aswell, brings a change from the spell singu.

Stratiformis: Perfect. This change is what people before asked for, Strati's dmg was just too high in wars for example and it's a good trade with the health, a very reasonable nerf.

Monster: This change is pretty reasonable and nice aswell, you trade in some damage for the higher Melee and health (the mana is pretty useless but nice to have I guess), overall a decent change aswell.

Spring: I don't understand the reasoning behind this.. making the mana higher and the dmg lower and now reversing it again? The earth damage bonus is just pretty much useless and I really don't think the -hpr is a good move.. but well old spring people asked for it and they kinda got it.

Warchief: Making it dex, earth is actually really interesting, the reqs are a bit high but it's an interesting change and it's kinda accepted.. interesting to see that in builds.

Collapse: Yeah.. dmg buff is cool but the requirement just makes it even more useless than before. I suggest moving it to 45req instead of 50.

Divzer: Nerfing either the damage or the mana is alright, but both is a bit too much.. put the mana up a bit to 6/4 instead of 4/4 and it's an acceptable nerf.

Gaia: Not much to say, it got damage nerfed. It wasn't that awesome before so people don't know why it got nerfed.. a thing that might would be cool ontop of the dmg nerf is a mana steal add like on alka.. seems like that's meta now so why not do it with gaia if the dmg gets nerfed (or get some other bonus).

Inferno: Higher melee dmg, less base dmg. nice change especially with the req. switch, not more to say.

Nirvana:
    3 Letters. Why? Going to a -4 mr and -4 ms on a water dagger is just really weird.. it got higher base damage and spell damage but the mana just makes it really weird to use now..

Grimtrap:
    Don't know why but it's alright.. not a big nerf but kinda understanable with the req. change.

Lament:
    Hey, why not. The mana steal wasn't used thaaat much so lowering it is not that big of a hit and the damage swap is a interesting change aswell.. overall not bad.

Thrundacrack:
    Why nerf it, it wasn't really used or good before.. the nerf doesn't really make sense, people will even use it less now.

Weathered:
    Oh boy here it comes... this change is just weird.. melee weathered with higher attack speed that's not gonna work out and many people complained about this..

Grandmother:
    decent change, not much to say.. damage was really high before, nerfs damage but making the def higher and rmoving the -hpr makes it decent.

Idol: Loosing one mana for more damage is alright, makes sense.. decent change.

Ignis: Alot of stuff got changed, not talking about everything in detail but overall it makes sense.

Nullification: Works, do the same with Collapse (45 is enaugh).

Alkatraz: Adding one mana.. I talked about this with gaia, seems like meta (imo 1/4 ms is pretty useless) but in the big picture it's alright even tho it looks like it got changed just for the sake of being changed.

Slayer: First I thought, nice one with removing melee and adding spell, the attack speed doesn't fit in the picture but it's alright.. but the requirements... holy.. that's a bit high.

Boreal: fire, air.. seems cool and viable. Decent change.

Freedom: Alot changed here.. higher damage for less hp and mana is alright, again I wouldn't put the req. that high, maybe a bit lower 48->45

Guardian: Guardian pretty much getting a buff is nice, do that with other warrior mythics aswell because they are just too weak. (spell spam Guardian inc?)

Galleon: The poison seems weird but well.. 1 poison mythic why not. Lowering mana and dmgs for that is reasonable.. but again the requirements are reaaaaaaally high.

Hero: Lowering strength, for higher dex.. seems ok, it's a interesting change nothing too bad.

Crusade Sabatons: more tanky for less dmg.. it's ok but the req. to 90 is really high again, 70 would work aswell.

Apocalypse: Nerfing it again on the lifesteal part is not cool but ok.. lvl 80 mythic not endgame yeah we understand that. But why do you increase the lifesteal then.. this doesn't make sense it's hard for low lvl players to reach that.. please decide.

That's just the opinion of a guy who's main thing on wynn is mythics and some other mythic worried people.. dw, I looked into legendaries aswell but I don't really wanna talk about all legendaries right now.

16. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    yes, but that update wasnt only added because it was half-done and removing it would be a waste of effort, like our friend drew1011 claims. corkus was good for the game (specifically the endgame) because it added new quests and a new area to explore.
    if you didnt know what the argument was at the beginning, then whyd you pitch in?

That_Chudley likes this.
  17. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    (As far as I know, health regeneration only triggers if you haven't been taking damage for some time, so considering this build has no walk speed, it shouldn't matter at all, especially in PvP, as players will still attack you in vanish.) And even if it triggers, the amount you would actually heal during the battle isn't that much either, as killing an completely static target shouldn't take too long, even with the tankiness the build provides.
    Besides that, mages healing is just better than the regeneration the Amulet provides and mages actually hard-counter this build in battle, because the can just heal between taking reflection damage.

//edit: Now I know that health regen was changend so it triggers even if you take damage, but Amulet of Rejuvenation is still useless in combat, as I further explained.

18. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    that was changed last week

Shoefarts, Bart (MC) and Robbee like this.
  19. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corkus, update where everyone that was level 101 got fucked over, professions. Just to name a few

20. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    read what i said earlier about corkus
    hmm yes i have to grind a little more for like 2 more levels i cant believe this 0/10
    lvl 101 was optional, you should have expected this when they inevitably raised the cap for a future update. if you dont expect it for dern, youre gonna get a whole lot more butthurt then you did with 101
    professions still didnt break anything. if anything, they added more options for the endgame

CookedPelvis and That_Chudley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.