Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At least you know how they think.

Thanks, I try.
    Especially since that was the thing that made a bunch of old players quit.

2. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    round 2 hYpe

3. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    just a quick add on about this, in poe item rarities are normal > magic > rare > unique, and its made clear in the game that unique items are the highest tier, and unlike wynn the highest tier is actually, generally the best tier
    hey guys the IMs spent a lot of time on this, its disrespectful to hate and have valid opposing arguments

4. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    * Warp crying in the corner with globally nerfed mana regen but it's own untouched and still at -8/4s max regen sounds. *

NITEHAWKX, Druser, Dondasch and 2 others like this.
  5. Killerfish

Killerfish Procrastinating Artist HERO

Minecraft:
    there’s already two or three peeps that have said what I thought about most of the individual changes, but i kinda just wanna explain how this whole update feels to me on a whole:

say you’ve built a giant LEGO set that you’re havin fun with doin whatever the fck ya want; then all of a sudden, someone smashes your set, switches 2/3 of the pieces with other pieces that don’t belong, takes away the instruction book and tells you to rebuild it like they want you to

it’s not fun trying to rebuild it

while sure I can try to remake most of the builds I had, it’s not going to be fun doing so and they’re not going to be the same or possibly as good as they used to be.

and im like gonna be real here, if this actually goes through I might actually just stop coming back to wynn because im honestly tired of dealing with

6. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  7. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just when I thought my spring was finally not going to be a worse hive bow q,q

then again that build looks pretty busted but pls go easy on spring :D

brokenmotor and Bart (MC) like this.
  8. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    should also send my build to IMs as post buff aphotic is busted as fuck

LarzLapiz and Bart (MC) like this.
  9. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes please nerf more items that is what us players desire, remember the best way to address a system is most definitely not to try and even out positives and instead should always be to nerf everything equally

Jacquie, NITEHAWKX, Drew1011 and 5 others like this.
  10. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Just a little sidenote: In my opinion, an option in wynndata to search only for items that have skill point requirements connected to certain elements would be really helpful, especially with the more fleshed-out archetypes this update brings. It would make it much easier to find items that fit your chosen elemental-combination.
    Maybe there could be a button for each element that switches between a green state ("only search items that require this element"), a red state ("ignore items that require this element") and a default brown state ("show both items that require and don't require this element").
    @dukioooo

11. Parzizal

Parzizal .

Sorry kid only professional class builders allowed.

12. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    nice clock boots fam
    but you actually didn't use the right flameshot hilt, there's a beta which has 100 less base damage

Bart (MC) likes this.
  13. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can already search by item requirements.

I just kinda find it funny how you use the new suppression, but ignore the new concentration in your argument.

(Not trying to insult or agro you, I meant I actually find it funny.)

Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  14. YoshisWorld

YoshisWorld Famous Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oops I didn't saw the concentration nerf...
    Yea I still think suppression deserves a 2/4 Mr buff tho (I own now 4 3/4 Mr suppression)

15. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Do you mean order by Req Defense/etc? Well, to find certain requirements it works, although it is not as intuitive to use. But for me, an option to disable requirements would be much more important, its just distracting to scroll through dozens of items that are just unimportant for your build.

16. nikolica

nikolica bee (also my ign is kabinfarschirne)

Minecraft:
    creeper, aw man

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  17. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    2 mr is impossible due to how the item system works, i'll just quote major here because he explained it in detail previously:

18. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well alright.

19. Parzizal

Parzizal .

Just thought I'd mention something I don't think a lot of others have. The mythic changes generally make no sense. You'd expect from an update like this that the more frowned upon ones would get buffed while the better ones would get tuned down; and we did get a bit of that, but some of the worse off mythics also received significant nerfs, or just didn't get significant changes which they deserved.

I'm gonna focus on bows and daggers as that's what I'm most familiar with. The first thing I noticed was how gravely divzer got nerfed this update. Now I know it was really good after the defense changes, but changing the ms, and the damage, along with atlas just murdered it. The manasteal changes I'm not too hung up with, honestly wasn't used much practically, just some nice mana on the side for chains. However with the atlas nerf I doubt we'll ever see the ms/ls being used on it, the atlas change killed ms/ls and chains that utilized a lot of that. On top of that we see a damage nerf that's just the final nail in the coffin, it's still high, but not nearly as high as it needs to be considering the lack of ls/ms support now. I doubt we'll see divzer utilized much anymore without it's key high damage and high chains at it's disposal. I highly suggest reverting atlas changes or giving divzer back it's former damage, without either of those back it loses it's identity.

The changes the ignis, spring, and freedom are extremely confusing. Ignis receiving a bigger req makes sense, but increasing it by 25 sp doesn't. Having a generally lower req gave ignis great flexability which is now amiss with the increase, practically forcing you to go all in to defense. And then we see a damage nerf. . . why? Spring gets a massive damage buff, that's cool spring was always kinda riding a thin line on being a good bow or not, but giving it -hpr is tasteless, it makes no sense, the change just doesn't fit the weapon theme. Freedom gets completely reworked to fuck over everyone who bought a 3/4 mr one. . . This weapon change just makes no sense, again. 48 sp in all for a req fine change I guess, atleast it fits the weapon theme. But then you give it -hp, bigger raw spell and melee amounts, and a massive damage buff, which just isn't freedom, this weapon isn't freedom anymore. You've just created a new weapon and put it into freedoms skin. I don't think anybody was asking for a freedom rework, there are a lot more (trust me a lot more) mythics to rework but you reworked freedom to be a completely new weapon when nobody asked for this.

A lot of the mythic changes follow this suit, you're making new mythics and putting them in place of the ones we already love. And the lot of them that actually deserve reworks (like Inferno which I'll get to in a minute)(also Monster but I don't really dally into wands so I'll leave that to others) you ignore them. . . Do you now see why people dislike this update? Ah I'm getting ahead of myself, I've yet to talk about the mythic daggers, which are full of equally confusing changes.

Nirvana, what did they do to you. I don't even recognize you anymore. You got a damage buff and that's cool, but the -mana regen and -mana steal; why would they do this to you? It changes you completely, you're not even Nirvana anymore I can't call you that, you're just mythic sitis. Another confusing change that doesn't fit the theme of the weapon, and one that will likely hurt the price a significant amount. And on that note Grimtrap receives only a req change, it got significantly stronger recently with the defense changes, and with the E/W/F archetype being so powerful makes Grimtrap one of the strongest daggers in the game, no gimmicks, high damage, insane ls, high posion. . . once again, why? But, Weathered and Inferno receive damage nerfs, the former weathered got hit really hard this update with a/t/w archetype getting competition. And inferno receiving, almost no changes?

BEGIN INFERNO RANT
    Inferno is the worst mythic dagger in the game. (aside from archangel but you know what I mean) It's the most generic high level dagger in the game. It does nothing exceptionally well, it does consistent solid spell damage, consistent solid melee damage. so, why is it so terrible? Well, it has a lot to do with ids and the attack speed of the weapon. The ids are horrible, you got 3 decent damages boosts, ok, that's nice. Some hp, not a whole lot, alright, that's ok I guess, then you get served with negative hpr % negative mr and negative water defense. the negative hpr % now matters a lot because of hpr working in battle, it's an annoying as hell debuff that isn't even warranted by the ids of the weapon. Apocalypse has -hpr % because of the insane ls it has, Thrundacrack has the -hpr % because of the high damage output it has, inferno has the -hpr % because fuck you, you aren't gonna get that 2k hp back because you switched your weapon bitch. Seriously it's a fucking FIRE weapon why does it have negative hpr %? Is it because of it's high ls? no because inferno has no ls, is it because of it's high damage? No inferno has only ok damage output a little worse now with the update. -hpr % should be removed, or give inferno an id or damage worth that -hpr %. I don't even think I have to explain why the -mr is stupid, but I guess I have to do that anyways It doesn't do godly damage, it doesn't have any godly ids why does it have -mr? It's not like grimtrap with a bucket load of ls and posion and high damage. it doesn't deserve negative mana regen. Water defense is fucking stupid too because it has nothing to warrant it. Basically every negative id on Inferno shouldn't be on it because nothing warrants it. Maybe if the positive ids weren't such trash it would, like perhaps give inferno hp to rival guardian or ignis? Or maybe hpr to help regen the hp you have on the weapon and to help in combat? Or maybe you should buff the damage to be one of the best in the game, because it is, an OFFENSIVE FIRE DAGGER. Shit I just realized I haven't gotten to the attack speed yet. By far the worst part about about inferno is the attack speed. Fast melee fucking sucks, I said it guys, It locks inferno out of LIFESTEAL AND MANASTEAL WHICH IS A VITAL PART OF SUSTAIN AS AN OFFENSIVE FIRE DAGGER. The fast attack speed made sense with the dex req, but now that that's gone why is it still fast attack speed? You're just locking it out all of the ls/ms it could be utilizing. Along with having shitty piercing abilities because of it. I always thought with the dex req that it was supposed to be a fire/thunder dagger, like the offensive part of fire was with thunder, but the lack of conversion makes using thunder with it impossible and the fast attack speed just hinders it. MAKE INFERNO SLOWER PLEASE. Every other fire weapon is slower than inferno, the dex is gone, make inferno slower so you can trigger ls/ms more often without sacking melee dps with -tiers. Making inferno slower would also increase it's viability with melee, right now super fast melee is really annoying to use because you pratically break your fucking fingers, slowing inferno down making it similiar to hybrid flameshot would be the best option. Also maybe give inferno GOOD IDS this time, make the HP HIGHER OR GIVE IT LS/HPR it has no notable ids, none it's completely useless when it comes down to it's ids, they're generic and awful.

People always talk about how bad monster is this, or how bad monster is that, but guys, inferno is like 10x worse. Fire assassin is god awful, infernos awful ids, awful attack speed, and miserably low damage output for an offensive fire weapon makes it the worst mythic dagger and one of the worst mythics in the game in general. Trust me, there's a reason people are paying only 6 stacks for a godly inferno and nearly 13 stacks for a godly grimtrap.

/end

In conclusion. I think some of the mythics that got major changes need rethinking (like freedom) while some need to be changed a lot more (Like inferno) to not only fit there theme better but to just be better weapons as a whole. As well certain items that paired with these mythics need to be reverted (atlas). Right now it just feels like the changes that were made to a lot of these mythics were not thinking of the economically friendly solution as well weren't thinking about what's fun for the game. I say this update is confusing because, we see massive changes to freedom, a weapon that we've known for years, get a change that murders it economically, and also changes everything people liked about it. While Inferno gets a couple changes to damages, when from the beginning of gavel, it's been regarded as underwhelming. Why can't we see the opposite happen? Why can't inferno get the massive rework to change everything about it while freedom just gets damage tweaks? Perhaps something that the IMs should think about going into the future. I'm not a hater as much as I may seem to be. I really want to see this update not mess things up. So this is my part chipping in on what I think needs to happen.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  20. Wiihacker0

Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Honestly if this update gets through I'll probably take a very long break from wynncraft. All my hard work making builds gone in a thanos snap. Please don't do this to your dedicated fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.