Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Alright, that is fair enough. I wonder what will become ov Hephaestus-Forged Greaves then? Clearly new hive armors are not actually getting added; they are only replacing old ones like the rest ov the changes we have seen so far.

2. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Quoting Silver: "To cater to the different tri-elemental archetypes, we have reworked all of the hive armours and added new 6 new ones to act as the centrepiece of each archetype."

I don't see where is it said that they wouldn't add more master hive armour pieces.

3. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i'm not even active??? but thanks for remembering me anyway it makes me feel relevant

starx280, blow w, LarzLapiz and 2 others like this.
  4. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Yes ov course they said that, but it is not being reflected in their current actions! If they are to add more armor pieces, I would imagine they want two full suits ov armor, no more, no less. Which means there is at least one more Master Hive armor to be destroyed. The best case scenario is that Anima-Infused Helmet takes the form ov a chestplate and the rest ov the original Master Hive armors get only ID bonus changes. Even with those assumptions, we still have three completely unknown armors to worry about.

5. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    theyre adding 6 new ones to fit the new trielem combos so 10 armour in total

6. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Do you not see? Boreal-Patterned Crown is a new armor. Its addition subsequently causes the sacrifice ov one currently existing armor, but that does not change the gross increase. I can not see Hephaestus-Forged Greaves being replaced by its complete antithesis, that being Abyss-Imbued Leggings, and if IM creates more boots and helmets than there are leggings and chestplates, that could cause an imbalance leading to some Master Hive builds being objectively better than other Master Hive builds. Two full sets ov armor would be the most balanced outcome, the outcome on which I have built my calculations.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's one for each combo.

Hyperheretical, Bart (MC) and bloww like this.
  8. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    types 5C3 into a calculator
    Oh.
    Well now I feel just a little bit stupid.

9. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For hive armours, we've moved around the ones that already exist into different slots(i.e.: Boreal-Patterened Aegis is becoming a helmet, and every BPA in existence will become a helmet), but these don't count as "new" items. There will be one for each archetype, which is to say, ten total. You're very blatantly incorrect here if you read what we've said, so do please reflect the details of the situation accurately before you start spreading rumors.

10. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    How condescending ov you. But I suppose I do deserve it, karmically speaking. I did read what OP said, and they said that there will be six new armors. No detail into what the "rework" was exactly, so I took it to be the description ov the new skill point bonuses and requirements. Thank you for the clarification now, but remember that there is a reason behind every one ov my actions.

RazorGuild and Stag2001 like this.
  11. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Why are the existing ones changing slots, though?

12. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure the rework is mostly that the Hive armors are getting stronger, because previously they kind of weren't worth it compared to the weapons.

Hyperheretical likes this.
  13. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's to better fit along with the specific archetypes. Some armors and some items are in specific archetypes, but if Hive is a part of them they heavily discourage their use, by way of Hive being just as powerful as it is. We changed some of the pre-existing Hive items to help prevent as much conflict of items as possible and allow previously unused items a chance in the spotlight. In addition, because of this all the chestplates ended up having thunder/air leaning, and we needed to change that in some way. As an example, Hephaestus-Forged Greaves is no longer leggings(it will become boots) because of the presence of Gemini and Heat Sink, both heavily defensive leggings in thunder/air and fire/air which Hephaestus-Forged Greaves effectively obsoleted, or at the very least lorded over.

14. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    But see, there are multiple ways to interpret that vague statement, "rework". Selvut seems to believe that what has not been implied has been implied, and has reduced my arguments to nothing more than "rumors" as a result. I was actually quite happy to see Jaydon's argument, because it opened up a perspective I could not have chosen for myself as I was not led in that direction by the original post or anyone else!

Druser likes this.
  15. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, honestly I think most of the backlash is coming from the changes being portrayed as very extensive, when I don't think they'll be as extensive as the post seems to imply.

16. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    They made it ”extensive” to hype us up

17. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait so regardless we are still getting "archetypes" that hive armors are being forced into despite the fact the vast majority of us hate the idea?

Shoefarts likes this.
  18. brokenmotor

brokenmotor Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Most hive armor is already tri-elemental, I think they are just adding more so they can cover all combinations

Stag2001 and Epicness937 like this.
  19. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That I understand. I'm simply confused and in fact dumbfounded as to why all the slots these armors go into would be changed still. WE ALREADY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT WANTING BUILDS TO BE COMPLETELY BROKEN.
    I can't honestly tell how much we are being listened to...but I'll say thanks for stalling the update and further looking into item balance.

20. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    They confirmed heph greaves would become boots which is a good thing imo. There are just so many better options in the legging slot which makes heph greaves almost never used.

Hyperheretical and Epicness937 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.