Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pontosaurus

Pontosaurus fuy busted moments CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just think that in order to be as popular as it was in it’s glory days, new content needs to be added. And while the whole CT works on that for however long it takes it would be nice if the community doesn’t gets alienated by unnecessary updates.

2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    this is kinda poorly worded does that mean theres 5 new mythics or 5 new mythic boots

3. Pontosaurus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i believe there are 5 new mythic boots. The reason they are all boots is because if they added other pieces that weren’t specifically tailored to a non-combat build (like disco), then you could have a multi-mythic build which would most likely be far better than any build you could make with regular legendaries, rares, or uniques. They also probably needed new boots to suit all of the different archetypes they added, since they appear to all be duo-element now :sadface:

4. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    yea i know but i wish we got new weapons too

5. Pontosaurus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1 mythic wep for every archetype!!1!!!1!1!1

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Ok, wow. Whole lot to unpack here.
    First off, revamping everything without adding anything is not the solution to a stale meta. A large part of the reason the game is so stale is because the item system has been based around the same IDs and classes as they’ve been for years, making everything stale. This isn’t really the fault of the item makers, but rather is based on the shortcomings of this game being on such a small scale. That said, please stop trying to fix a problem that isn’t yours.

Second off, trying to add these archetypes, while a cool idea in theory, is likely just not going to make the game interesting. Its still going to be the same spells and very passive perks. Without the additions of new mechanics (IE skill trees, new spells, active perks etc.), the whole system is just going to be hollow. It would have been much better to add all of these mechanics along with an actual update to the combat systems themselves, a la Gavel Update.

Third, steamjet walkers is atrocious, and while it makes some sense (fire+water=steam), it also messes with the connection between steamjets and booster plate.

Dr Zed, NITEHAWKX, Shoefarts and 4 others like this.
  7. 13threemc

13threemc vote kanye 2020 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thanks for clarifying.

brokenmotor and That_Chudley like this.
  8. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    item team part 3.png
    this meme part 3

Risu, Dr Zed, NicBOMB and 24 others like this.
  9. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bug report: I stopped getting push notifications for this watched thread :p
    In all seriousness though, it is pretty funny to look at the pages and pages ov people who think they can speak on behalf ov all OG's ov this game, whether they are for or against this update. I will not speak for the OG's, but I will say that after only two years ov playing this game, I have experienced several ov the major item rebalances and skill point nerfs that IM has had to offer. And I did not really care about any ov them. IM had a reason to increase skill point requirements. IM had a reason to nerf mana regen on many items. IM even had a reason to remove elemental damage buffs on the Morph set bonus.
    The problem with this update is that there is no reason. There is no reason why Steamjet Walkers and Burnout have been destroyed and have had impostors put in their place. Well, I suppose there is a reason, but it is not one to which IM has confessed. This update is a front, a facade, an excuse to destroy all meta items that IM has deemed too powerful to exist in any form. IM's fatal mistake, however, was not giving us something to fall back on. Where are the new "archetype" items ov which you speak? Will there be anything new beyond just two new Hive armors and a few unknown mythics?

Dr Zed, hppeng, Parzizal and 3 others like this.
  10. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Atm its all speculation and from things we CAN see some items will get fucked (steamjet). If they indeed chang many items completely which will fk up their price, this update will be disastrous. I really hope they aknowledge this and revert or at least not completely destroy the item's identities (I do still like the idea of a complete rebalance though).

11. Gallade

Gallade dropped his strati and quit (but not really) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All this talk of tri-elemental sets, but most mythic weapons are mono-elemental, or don't have the powder slots to support more than two

NITEHAWKX, hppeng and That_Chudley like this.
  12. ShmexyStriker

ShmexyStriker Well-Known Adventurer

What about vaward? will they change it?

13. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    vaward will die in the upcoming update

Risu, Dr Zed, NicBOMB and 8 others like this.
  14. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This isn't done by the same team who makes content. So no, we wouldn't have gotten 5 more seconds on dern.

15. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    virgo.png
    Confirmed: Virgo might actually get some use

NITEHAWKX, Hei, Druser and 1 other person like this.
  16. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    5 more seconds on dern items smfh

17. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah same message to you by the way, not the content team, this is the item team, they don't make things like dern.

Probably already done for the most part.

18. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright I'll be a little more clear:
    [​IMG]

19. Pontosaurus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If the item team has nothing left to do with working on dern and have enough time to try and completely rework or “fix” the current meta, than I think the CT as a whole has severe time-management issues. If an entire section of your workforce has done all that they can do for dern, than have them work on things the community deems valuable, not just new reworks out of the blue.
    (And, if i’m being honest, it should never happen. Since wynncraft’s CTs are all volunteers, it doesn’t matter as much, but if they were paid it would be an immense waste of money and time on the Admins’ part.)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Shoefarts likes this.
  20. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    volunteer :clap: shouldnt :clap: be :clap: an :clap: excuse

mrcraftyketchup likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.