Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes it is lol.

2. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dearest Elemental Damage,
    I miss you. Please come back. You were my ticket to being properly viable, but now you've just gone up and left..
    Please return.
    Yours truly, Proxima

(seriously though, new Knucklebones was definitely overpowered, but i don't like new new Knucklebones. i think either the lifesteal should go back down so other weapons than apoc can use it without actively killing themselves, or the elemental damages should return so there at least some good pay off for having to counter the insanely high negative life steal. lowering the attack bonus is also a safe alternative but we've got reasons against it already, soo)

3. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    This. I honestly think it should be +2 attack speed because this +3 attack speed version simply is just not worth using unless you have a highly specific build.
    P.s. Is it really impossible for items to have +2 attack speed? Why that?

Bart (MC) likes this.
  4. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    i am of the opinion that max +3 tier is considered "at least some good pay off for having to counter the insanely high negative lifesteal"

5. Bart (MC)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whoops, I overdid my wording again. I was mainly trying to say I would prefer Knucklebones to keep its elemental damages, as that's basically its identity right n0w, along with the high loot & xp bonus. I feel like new new Knucklebones is maybe better off being a different item altogether, as you're taking away 6/10 ids (exploding, sp regen and stealing don't matter). It's gonna change from a possibly neat idea for rainbow spell to a seemingly really strong bracelet, except it will need so much extra life steal there is hardly any room for extra tierstack and you're probably better off with current builds (which only get slightly lower damages, if I've looked at this right), which have the benefit of sprinting. Plus, I'd hate to see something only useful for tierstacking and nothing else.
    Yes, new Knucklebones was too strong, it definitely needed change. But to just throw current Knucklebones' defining features away as a way of balancing it? I'd rather get the added id changed. As basic as it sounds, +2 or even +1 attack speed bonus would boost the usage of Knucklebones a ton whilst still keeping it more or less balanced. Iirc, giving people a reason to use Knucklebones was the original reason for the buff in the first place.

6. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Items work based on bases. Bases are a standard integer (whole number) that we use to design items, for example "damageBonus: 25" on knucklebones previously which translates to melee damage %.

Rolls work by using this base value that we set and checks whether it's positive or negative.
    If positive, then range 0.3x - 1.3x
    Else if negative, then range 0.7x - 1.3x

where x states a multiplier to the base. After these are calculated then any given roll is rounded using the standard way so <0.5 rounds down while >=0.5 rounds up. There is an exception where things cannot round to 0, they will always round to +/-1.

For low values, we have a few base options but I'll just do 3 to show you why +2 tier as a maximum can't happen.
    Base 1: 0.3 to 1.3, both of which round to 1. 0.3 rounds up because it won't round to 0 and due to 1.3 being less than the 0.5 needed to round to 2, it rounds down. Range: 1 to 1
    Base 2: 0.6 to 2.6, which rounds to 1 and 3 due to them both being higher than the 0.5 needed to round up. Range: 1 to 3 (soon to be knucklebones)
    Base 3: 0.9 to 3.9, which rounds to 1 and 4. They both hit the correct values to be rounded up. Range: 1 to 4 (something like memento, third eye, prism sp etc)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Bart (MC), Dondasch and Druser like this.
  7. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

10 chars

from, Electrolysis, xSuper_Jx and 5 others like this.
  9. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    10/10

10. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    I honestly think that the fact that skillpoints from crafted armor don't count towards actual skillpoints (and thus won't help players wear other pieces of gear with higher requirements) is a massive kick in the balls, especially if you spent weeks (like me) designing a build,
    and hear a few days before you finally finish it, that those skillpoints from your own crafted equipment you desperately needed won't help you at all, thus ruining the entire build you worked so hard on.

Players who discover this system after already crafting their set of equipment will also experience massive losses in money too, a single piece of crafted armor can easily cost between 20 to 40 le (with speed bombs)!
    And we aren't even talking about the extremely limited amount of people who actually sell level 100 materials, players either have to make and bump their buying threads on the forum every day, or basically have to spam their "buying x material" on the trade_market section on discord for days on end, hoping to find a single person who sells some Voidstone ingots for example.
    Or players will have to take the alternative route and grind professions for multiple hundred hours (like I did).
    In short, players who discover this strange skillpoint-system too late will have to pay for 'their mistakes' in both massive amounts of time and money.

If skillpoints would count towards minimal armor requirements for example, you ofcourse would get the issue that pieces of equipment would be automatically dequipped when the durability and thus the skillpoints that crafted equipment gives decreases.
    To this I say that that would be the player's own fault, if a player fails to see such a mistake in their designs it simply is their own fault.
    But instead incorporating a system like this for a reason like this (or I atleast assume this is the main reason for why it works like this), is pretty much a massive middle finger to everyone else who does properly design their builds.

Every piece of crafted equipment you use ofcourse means that the player has one less chance to meet the skillpoint requirements of other equipment pieces, this is a massive problem when items have a skillpoint requirement of above 100. Which forces players to use non-crafted armor, and non-crafted equipment often just doesn't give enough skillpoints to reach the 110-130 skillpoint requirement crafted equipment often has.
    In the end players are almost always unable to use more than 2 pieces of crafted armor (unless you are lucky and your build doesnt require more than 100 skillpoints in one element ofcourse), purely because they just won't be able to reach the skillpoint requirement crafted armor (or other equipment with a high skillpoint requirement) needs.

I hope this system isn't created to put a low limit on the amount of crafted items (especially armor,) a player can use in their builds. If that is indeed the case, that pretty much means players are being punished for putting their hard earned time and money to the test to create the builds they have always dreamed of.

I wanted to go into more detail but this post is already getting way too long (and I can't always fully express my arguments because English isn't my native language and thus the language barrier is an issue), so I'll keep it 'short' like this.

TL;DR:
    Skillpoints on crafted items should count as actual skillpoints because the way they work right now is just a kick in the balls.

Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  11. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    2 bugs that exist currently in the system

1. skill points bonuses doesnt decay with losing durability
    2. skill points bonuses doesnt contribute to requirement

both of these are planned to be fixed, but you can see a problem, when skill point contribute to requirements and you loses durability, your other armor will pop off when your durability lowers to a certain point.

fixing point 1 is crucial to the balance of the game, otherwise skill points will be the best stat for crafted armors if they dont lose effect with durability, we already have items like stacking large lapiz to make a ring that gives 40+ intel sp. the item team are not certain in fixing point 2 and making sp bonus on crafted items contributing to reqs due to the need of point 1 being fixed, but if the community is fine that their armors pop off when low durability in exchange for them contributing with reqs, then we wont argue against it

Druser likes this.
  12. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Regarding skill point pop-offs, it would be helpful if we knew the exact curve for crafted item stat decay, so we could use a crafted item with a skill points boost without having to guess when we need to repair it.

Bart (MC) and _Kaasblokje_ like this.
  13. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
  14. Bart (MC)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like the only important thing to take from this is the date: June 21st.
    itemteasers.png
    ^ That might be cool to know as well

So so far we've gotten a 4x10 grid with x's, o's and checks, an unlit Nether portal, and a date (maybe twilight has something to do with it as well).
    I'm starting to think these things are mostly unrelated, unless
    itemargnetherportal.png

Druser likes this.
  15. MrH

MrH Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    A weird theory that i took around 5 seconds to come up with: on June 21st, twilight forest will become "un-lit" aka dimmer... xD (I'm definitely wrong)

16. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mAYBe On JuNe 21st MArKet WiLl bE FiXeD

Bart (MC), Druser and tig like this.
  17. Castalyn

Castalyn Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh 6500->6000

18. SilverMirror