Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All those items you mentioned were actually about where they should have been anyways, hence the relatively small changes.

xSuper_Jx and blow w like this.
  2. blow w

blow w Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Woooooo OOOOOOOO health rebals are announced

Bart (MC) and Druser like this.
  3. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    I really think that poison needs a buff.
    The last time I saw someone use an actual poison build was back when nether pvp was still a real thing.
    As someone who has used poison builds before, I can say that poison builds are usually just not worth it at all, players are always forced to put pretty much all their skillpoints in strength and dexterity when using poison builds, leaving almost no skillpoints behind for agility or intelligence and the end result is never really all that great either.

Not even poison-based crafted items are good, especially now that Enhanced Pathfinding Microchip's poison got nerfed.
    Crafted poison items are usually even weaker than the normal poison-based items!

Its a real shame that a mechanic like poison is pretty much completely useless in game right now.
    Maybe it would be worth it if poison could stack a little bit or something, but whatever the fix would be, the fact remains that poison is quite terrible and is pretty much completely unviable everywhere ingame except in PvP.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    RicRicc and Bart (MC) like this.
  4. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    @YYGAYMER do poison RtE to prove him wrong

YYGAYMER and Bart (MC) like this.
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's kind of interesting that most of the Hive items apparently already had balanced health. Very few of them got changes.

6. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Thanks for your feedback!

It all came down to how poison scales with other things in the game, but poison is a very interesting subject.

Before we balanced it a few months ago, poison gears was very op in early-mid game but really weak in endgame. Now it was kind of good in early-game and mediocre for the rest. You can still do a full poison gear and get decent damage if you use powder specials with them (given that they will have to be fixed for it to work). If you take it out of endgame optimised contexts like using it to fight LI or Qira and what not. Imagine an ordinary endgame lv 100 mob might just have about 10k health give or take (rough estimate off the top of the head don't prove me wrong if I'm wrong), and that's about 3 to 6 ticks give or take a little if you run a full poison build and depending if you have powder specials active.

So the dilemma would be how to make sure poison can be in scale for both just as an add on in certain items and the context of a full build. Poison on weapons already get more to compensate as it is easier to differentiate whether you're building poison, maybe they can get more? Things to think about.

Also, poison is balanced to be much stronger on crafted items if you purposefully build full poison, though whether there are enough endgame poison ingredients for all profession is the question..

Epicness937 likes this.
  7. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wtf that only shows downside help

Bart (MC) likes this.
  8. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cata Hp Nerf

what

Epicness937 likes this.
  9. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh, it's just in line with everything else.

Epicness937, Take and Bart (MC) like this.
  10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    What about - health armor such as Tesla and Dune Storm? Will they be retuned in accordance with the baseline health changes?

11. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    There are no immediate plans to change those but they are on the eventual review list. Since negative health armors have proven to impact the builds more than they statistically should have, by remaining unchanged (for the moment) while everything else gets an increase should mean negative health armours would be easier and less deterring to use.

Druser likes this.
  12. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tbh they always felt weak to me. No one seriously uses Dune Storm outside of walkspeed, and while Tesla does hold up, items like Conflagrate and Anamnesis really don't.

Edit: got ninja'ed by SilverMirror acknowledging what I just posted lol

13. YYGAYMER

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Selvut used dune for his mage melee build
    PicsArt_05-17-09.27.29.jpg
    5k health

Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  14. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Actually, I just saw this oof.

What you described might be the case if you look at the items individually, but using them in builds would show the difference. Instead of “minimum viable health increase" or “average health increase to 12-14k”, think of it more akin to: 1. more glassy builds can reach the 10k mark, meaning people don’t have to worry about getting one shot all that often when they want to build or use glass items. And 2. tank builds will get an extra leg up.

If you are referring to my previous comments, at no point did I refer this as a direct buff to tanking. It might have come down to misinterpretation but all I've said is if two items are the same level, the defensive one will have a noticeable health advantage, and that advantage might lead to it having more health than a higher level offensive gear. And this is still true with the changes. Ultimately, this change diversify builds options, as the two ends of the build spectrum (glass and tank) benefits the most with the buff while the average balanced builds (most current "viable" builds lets be honest) still likely receive an average increase, but it isn't much compared to the two ends.

15. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Wow what two updates in a roll?

The latest batch of item changelogs: https://pastebin.com/3zZ4PEJu

Note that, there are some duo-elem combo changes made, but they are likely to still subjected to changes in the future as we review duo-elem combos as a whole.

Special thanks to 2 trial IMs for helping me put this doc together! Who are they you ask? Well, we took in 4 trial IMs for the past weeks and they are approaching the end of their trial period in this weekend! We will be announcing and welcoming them relatively soon!

16. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    new item rebalances on wynncraft today. this is my favourite so far. nice job, team!
    upload_2019-5-18_21-49-6.png

edit: moment of silence for my bro knucklestinger who was sacrificed so that tierstacking could get more ridiculous

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    blow w, Bart (MC) and Druser like this.
  17. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @YYGAYMER do centipede knucklebones now :P actually Kncuklebones melee sounds like it could be quite useful now.

Also the Contrast and Intensity buffs are neat. It always felt like Contrast was used mostly for health, while Intensity was kind of "yeah I guess I have that since I don't need any other Master Hive items".

Stinger powder slots should be interesting.

So that's what Booster Plate was supposed to do? I always just thought it existed primarily for walkspeed.

Tera buff yay! Also Pisces looks neat now.

rip Winter's Essence (hopefully new alternatives will replace it, it was really only a thing because there aren't many spell damage leggings). Health buff feels a bit strong though.

ooh Kings of Hearts getting a use.

does this mean Tisaun's Valor is going to get added soon?

YYGAYMER likes this.
  18. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Contrast gets 1 mana regen? Intensity buff? Every Wybel weapons gets a buff after Braker? Pisces reqs down and earth/water dmgs up? Hey, these are some really cool cha-
    knuckleboneslol.png bruh moment

19. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    2 is obviously tiny

i wish :(

20. YYGAYMER

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorry I don't touch centi...

[Health buffs]