Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Aiming For The Better

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by IceResistance, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The guild community is beautiful, but not without its flaws. We've to the same point in guilds that has been repeated countless times in history. You have so much dislike, so much tension in you for another guild revolving around war that you don't even see behind the territories, you don't even see the community, practically because there is none. Guilds are meant to bring players in Wynncraft together, but all I see is it keeping people apart. When you decided to join a guild, you instantly became part of a bigger picture; the guild community. But that name has been stained over the years not by the outside, but by us the players in which make it up. Every guild is vital towards the success of the guild community as a whole. When guilds aren't doing well, their internal communities lacking, the guild community as a whole lacks. The issue in which we currently face it the separation between war and the guild itself, pertaining to its community. Wars are suppose to be fun, a friendly competition over the map. Too often though do we end up taking that tension outside of war, and into the community itself, overall losing that separation. Then all of a sudden, war is community and then we end up with all these problems that promote discord between others because wars are no longer just for fun and is the center of our guilds as a whole. There needs to be a fine line that distinguishes relations from war from outside of war, otherwise contention continues to grow between guilds and players in which they house that divides everyone. If we don't fix this, everyone will end up hurt. And don't point fingers at other guilds, look at your own guild. If we keep blaming each other for the issues that are happening, then we won't ever reach a solid solution. The center of community has been poisoned by war, displaced and forgotten. No guild is better, or worse then an other, and every guild unique and diverse to another and you should be proud of that. We should all have the same goal in mind, of repairing the community. I'm not going to tell you how to fix it. That is up to you. You in your guild, you find your solution to how to combat this. The fate of the community is up to everyone. It is only us that can build it up.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    i like this a lot

IceResistance, Snipy and Drew1011 like this.
  3. Dood

Dood Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    its part of the lore the corruption affects everyone differently and players want to war smh my head

Snipy likes this.
  4. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do you know how boring the community would be if there was no conflict? lmao

Snipy likes this.
  5. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not gonna lie man I think it's perfectly fine, but solid 8/10 on the poetic elements here

Hei and Snipy like this.
  6. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't get my point. Wars are fun and there is no problem. My message is that you shouldn't end friendships or close yourselves off from others community wise based on what is occurring in wars. Community and stuff like that, those relations should not be connected to war relations, otherwise everyone just ends up disliking each other. @Goden @HaiseKSasaki

7. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well if you want people to read it don't write a giant paragraph when people are trying to war, lmao. And I don't know anyone who has ended friendships personally over someone being in an enemy guild, it did happen to someone very close to me and I am still upset about it, but those people were just stupid and they weren't the majority of players, no community is perfect, what can you do? If you end a friendship because you're competing against each other in guild wars you're actually a fucking moron tbh.

Alfapeet likes this.
  8. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, I'm glad we agree on something. But that isn't all the problem. The community seems to be at such a divide in wars that it is hurting the community aspects. Each side I hear just confessing their hate and dislike for the other that they don't even look behind the war part of it. The other thing to is how people can literally say they hate another person when they only know them through a screen. Like, you don't know them, you don't know who they are. They problem is that guilds in general end up isolating themselves from another because of their relations in the war environment. And sure, no community is perfect, but I don't think there is anything wrong with all of us trying to better to become more whole. I believe there should be a firm line between war and community. We should strive to build up a sense of unity in the community rather then consistently tearing bonds apart based on your guild's war affairs. We can't keep going like this because if we keep acting like wars revolve around everything in guilds, we lose our sense of the sole reason why guilds exist and what they are made to promote; community among players. However, that whole community idea has slowly been drowned out by nothing but a map of territories.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  9. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dont get me wrong, wars are an entertaining aspect of the game. I am not anti-war.

10. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Uhh tbh no one can fix a community so if u don't like it just leave and switch communities

Hei, Snipy and Asthae like this.
  11. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *claps*

12. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I find that untrue. I am a firm believer that people can change, and the community itself is the people that make it up. They only thing that matters is your mindset. Is it that bad to believe in the better, see the best in everyone and what we can achieve altogether? The guild community is beautiful but not without it's flaws. Now, nothing can ever be perfect, but if we can all strive to be better people to each other, who knows what we can achieve. Everyone in the guild community has at least one thing in common; their love for this game. This game did it's part in putting us altogether, but we can shoot for a more connected community.

Drew1011 likes this.
  13. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump, this is true.

IceResistance likes this.
  14. Topper29

Topper29 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should advertise stuff like this in Discord lol
    I didn't even see this until now
    But I have to agree, even as owner of a guild that was purely for wars for the majority of their existence
    However, I'm trying to change that for my guild
    The first, quite big step for BCr was when Drew and I decided to get Fox and BCr closer together
    I think all this hate between guilds takes the fun from the game
    There is definitely a "too much", now for example between SOL and Luna, where people blame each other for things that aren't even entirely true, and become toxic
    Wars should be a friendly competition, like playing a game with your family or friends, not a game of hate

IceResistance likes this.
  15. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Topper, I am glad you found meaning in my message. I'm also very proud of you in the approach and direction your taking. Wars are of course a crucial aspect of the game, but the whole aspect of it being a friendly competition and not interfering with community relations like friendships is essential. And yes, when there is hate, it absorbs the fun. We are all so similar as a community, all brought together by the same game, we can all enjoy it together if we play it right.

16. Heart_Of_Stone

Heart_Of_Stone Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There will always be conflict between guilds and players. Yes it sucks that it affects the community as a whole but you are always going to have conflict but in saying that, I am a guild leader myself and have seen the effects of war and how it affects the players. I totally agree that its not right to point fingers at people or others guilds. Its upsetting that people are losing friends because of the guild they're in or over territories. But sadly there will always be some sort of conflict but if you get a massive part of the community together maybe it won't be the only thing that people are talking about.

17. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, it is sad when conflicts interrupt the community because of war. And it will probably never disappear, but we can learn to recognize it more and help reduce it. If we can change the mindset of wars being linked to community, we can help reduce these problems.

18. Heart_Of_Stone

Heart_Of_Stone Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like you idea but trying to battle it will be hard if you want guild leaders to battle it as its more a bigger community thing rather than everyone deal with it in their guilds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.