Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    post1.png

This post is from this thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/i-hate-wynncraft.241409/page-4#post-2977647

Right now, agility being much better compared to defense is caused by some bugs and flaws with design. I'm pretty sure the entire defense problem is known and widely agreed upon, and it's really just a matter of when these issues are going to be fixed. That being said, I do really want defense to be changed soon, as it is an issue that has been around for as long as Gavel has, yet nothing major has been done to fix it yet.

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, that's the slightly salted support I got for my suggestion.

It covers 2 of the 3 changes to calculations, but he hasn't said anything on the change to element defense yet.

I'm hoping his at least read it, or will sometime soon.

3. Parzizal

Parzizal .

Maybe rework the thread and post it on the subreddit, Salted is pretty active over there.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  4. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wind ornament has the omega underpowered label (or at least compared to other ingredients)
    -2 star
    -high level

what do you get from this bad boy?
    a massive 4-5% ws. also you get -60 durability, but it's a worthy trade for such a powerful boost

H0Y, Stycore, NicBOMB and 4 others like this.
  5. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can also put multiple on an item and with just three(you can totally put +dura things in the other slots) you've suddenly got a better walk speed ring than Kaze.

6. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    5+5+5 =15 < 18
    ?

Meekio, H0Y, NicBOMB and 2 others like this.
  7. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You would need at least 4, since Kaze's new max walkspeed is 20%.

8. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    kaze has agi too

9. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I forgot we buffed that.

Rhythmically, Take, RicRicc and 3 others like this.
  10. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So it's only -240 dura and a +120 agi req to get a walk speed ring almost as good as Kaze? I'd definitely take it :thumbsup:
    (Unless the agi req modifier got changed too and it's no longer +30 like on Wynndata)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Druser and Stycore like this.
  11. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +18 or something

12. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    So, what happened to "flipping"?

If you're interested in reading this I'd assume you have a basic understanding in the crafting system anyway so I'll save you the trouble of sitting through 3 pages of what crafting is, but long story short, as some of you might have noticed, the recent push has removed the ability for position modifiers to affect durability, what this means to "flipping": stacking more than -200% ingredients effectiveness would invert the stat's negativity, is that people can no longer "flip" durability for durability patches on custom crafting.

Before getting into why we removed it, a bit of context is in order, durability being affected by position modifiers was more of an oversight that we originally didn't think of much. While it made it in the launch of the update, community members have discovered how amazing this mechanic is and is praising the flexibility of it to patch up durability while offering increased stats to other ingredients. As durability is designed to be the main downside to stackable overpowering stats that ingredients individually carry, being able to use this method as cheap counters to the main drawback of the entire system kinda ruins the point of the said system. Therefore, after much debate, the Ingredient Team of the IM team has decided to take it down, but not for the reason you might think.

After seeing how much the community members like the idea of flipping, we have decided to properly go big with flipping, and by that, we mean making flipping a much more prominent part of the system than simply act as durability patches or gimmicky stats reversals. By removing the ability to flip durability, we have plans for later updates that will introduce new mechanics to make flipping a much more universal, approachable and enjoyable experience.

But before that, we hope you guys can wait it out a bit, it might take a while but it will be worth it. It's a shame that there's only so much we can tell you guys but do know that this is the Ingredient Team's next big project and we are excited for you guys to find out the bottom of it in the soonTM future.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  13. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    omg thank you
    Also the ring buffs include Concentration no longer giving minus spell damage (it also gives zero health instead of 4 now :P ). In addition, the no-req elemental defense rings (Clay, Fuse, Bubble, etc.) seem to have been buffed from 40 to 50.

by2011 likes this.
  14. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    Hey, have you ever thought about, like, kind of documenting what changes you make? I think the recent change for obelisk core is the 5th iteration in 3 weeks.
    All this rapid changing is really putting me off crafting, to the point where i feel like it's actually pointless to craft anything, since it's getting nerfed or changed anyway.

Or at least announce somewhere what things are getting changed, so poeple don't accidentally try to do something cool with it.

Shoefarts, dukioooo, Stag2001 and 2 others like this.
  15. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    We fully intend to announce ingredient changes on this thread in the future, but right now due to the sheer scale of changes occurring while we stabilize the balance of crafting it's not really practical to keep this updated.

SilverMirror, Stag2001 and Druser like this.
  16. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    About Crafted Weapons… TOO OP?!

So I’m sure a lot of you have seen those crafted weapons that claim to do more damage than mythics, has no IDs, and with plenty durability floating about. If you still haven’t figure out how they did it, the weapons used multiple powders in the recipe. As powders currently do not have any requirements and durability as well as having the ability to convert neutral to elemental damage and providing additional base damage, it has quickly become the definite best ingredient for weapon crafting that invalidate every other weapon ingredients in existence, regardless of the tier.

Here are some examples
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While some of you have interpreted that particular state of weapons as what salted said about crafted items reaching mythic strength in that one post, that is, in fact, not the case, and you can see salted mentioned the very same issue with powders on the very same post. Crafted weapons/items are designed to be able to reach mythic strength yes, but only if you put in the effort and investment in obtaining the best of materials and ingredients. Being able to stack powders, which are common as hell and require little investments lets be honest, as a easy way to get above mythic strength is unintentional due to some systematic mumbo jumbo (in some cases there are weapons that can go over 40% mythic strength, yeah, that's how broken this is).

So, this is to let you guys know that, powders, when used as ingredients, will be receiving a requirement and durability cost in a soonTM update, the higher tier the powder is, the higher the requirement of its respective element and the durability cost. Additionally, due to the way we balanced the powder requirements and durability, all the existing recipes that rely on stacking multiple powders, like the ones shown above, are certainly not going to be functional at all when the fix is out. However, powders, when put in powder slots, will not contribute to requirements and durability cost.

While, unfortunately, we are not obliged to give you the exact values, as they are not finalised yet, we’d say it is best for crafted weapon recipes to use a maximum of 2 Tier 6 powders as ingredients for maximum power if you want your weapon to stay usable, both in terms of the requirements and have sufficient durability left for other ingredients.

We encourage everyone to spread the word on this issue as far as possible so to minimise the scope of the impact.

17. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    does this mean you will experience for crafting with powders, since they are now treated as real ingredients in a way?

by2011 likes this.
  18. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    No, only 0-3 "stars" tier ingredients will give crafting xp due to it being its own separate system. Powders for crafting are still just gonna be used for, well, using the item, and not for levelling professions.

Mistrise Mystic, Asthae and Dondasch like this.
  19. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I cannot believe this, My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

LarzLapiz, yellowscreen, H0Y and 6 others like this.
  20. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    Same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.