Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft Isn't What It Used To Be

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by bloww, Jan 26, 2019.

?

Do you think wynncraft was better before?

1. yes

40.2%
  2. no

45.6%
  3. it's always been the same

14.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    Hey I'm back
    Ever since the beta I've wanted to post a thread like this about wynn and the update but I realized I don't know enough about the update to make a rant about it (even though from my experience and other people's posts it's not extraordinarily good to say the least)
    But everytime the subject comes up I regret not making one, so I'm gonna make a thread about how much I hate wynn except without the update part!
    I think I've been playing the game and browsing the forums for long enough to realize some stuff is wrong. Like disastrously bad-wrong level. (I'll try to keep everything as name-free as possible because I don't want beef with specific people, I'm just trying to share my experience.) So let's start with the main (imo), very big problem that has actually started to show up quite recently.

I. Terrible customer service

Because yes, as players we're customers. I think this problem is mainly made of 2 parts:
    - The CT. A lot of the CT feels COMPLETELY, ENTIRELY disconnected from the community. Aside of a handful of them (and most of them are IM hint hint u should apply they have a ton of work to do), I barely see any CT on discord, the forums, etc... Now I'm not forcing the CT to interact with the community 24/7 because I know that a lot of people don't like socializing, but this kinda shows that they're disconnected, especially for people who are supposed to be average players.
    There's also the fact that some of them are straight up assholes, but that might just be my personal experience so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus it wouldn't add much anyways

- The attitude of some higher ups. Recently (since the beta, pretty much) there has been a LOT of shit thrown at the community from the admins and CT managers, especially on feedback threads. While I get that you might want to defend your work and all, this isn't the way to do it. Playing dumb with an entire community isn't what you usually do as a game company, unless you're Bethesda. That attitude has stopped some people from posting feedback that could be potentially very useful, because why would they care if the only thing they get out of it is insults from the people that made the game? Even if these people are assholes (like me), your job is to handle them, not "start a flame war until member gets banned or thread gets locked". I know a few threads from different people have got these kind of reactions, and I've personally experienced toxicity from these people more than once.

So yea. Having a lot of money (COUGH DUNGEON BOMBS COUGH) doesn't mean you can treat players like shit.

II. The general state of the game

About updates. Having to wait at least 1 year sucks, sure, but it sucks even more when the final product is completely unbalanced and fuck I said I didn't want to talk about the update. These kind of releases aren't good; they hurt the community a lot more than waiting a few more weeks, especially since the work still has to be done in any case (HINT HINT APPLY FOR IM AND SHUT UP). No one likes unfinished products. It's not like Wynn needs the money anyways, dungeon bombs (and DXP way back when they affected quests) have probably generated enough income for the next 20 years. I also believe more stuff could be done in terms of actual gameplay, like new classes etc..., because from what I've seen in my year of CT the things that take the most time are quests and not new mechanics (well, most of them. I'm not talking about huge stuff like the ingredient system and whatnot) surprisingly enough. Stuff like new classes would be extremely beneficial for the game and players.
    Then there's also the fact that a lot of the game is left to rot while cool new content gets released. What about the gavel dungeons? The cool grootslang boss fight? Mythics not getting changed in the ECONOMY update even though they've singlehandedly ruined the economy and are so RNG based you could afk grind and not get one in a year? The nether? The lack of endgame content? I could go on but I won't. but I could
    There's a lot more stuff to say about the game but I'm no way a pro and I haven't played in a long time, so.

And lastly,
    III. The community

Seriously what happened to everything? Where did everyone go? The shoutbox is dead 24/7, cults aren't a thing anymore (rip homestuck, grian, everything else), every thread gets "LMFAO THIS SHOULD BE A PROFILE POST YOU BASTARD" (which should be against the rules, honestly. If you're one of these people fuck you), etc... I don't know, that might be nostalgia or the fact that all my close friends left, but the community feels a lot less like a community than it used to.

And so these are the reasons that caused me to quit probably forever. The one last thing I'm gonna say is to stay civil, no matter if you're a fellow player or CT, don't call other people massive assholes because their opinion is different. I've tried to be more likable than usual just for the sake of this thread, so don't make me change my mind :^)

ok, cya never again nerds

2. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ouch im gonna miss u bloww

3. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    press f to pay respects

4. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This should be a profile post ;)

5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Everyone are in private discords and chats

Arkade, trex1611 and Elephat like this.
  6. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I misread the poll thinking if Wynncraft was better now. My true vote is "No."

7. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    oops u can change it now

8. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    You reap what you sow. This applies a lot to the Wynncraft community, they are very sensitive and have to be handled in a special way if you want to be accepted by them. As for the CT, it’s not like you payed money for this game (unless you bought a rank, which was your choice to begin with). If you don’t like something, rather than calling it bad, list some ways that you think it could be improved. 9 times out of 10 the staff are very respectful if you handle feedback this way. Either way, just play the game for what it is; a completely free Minecraft MMORPG.

9. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Keep this in mind.

Some people may not have/know good solutions to fix the problem but want to point out the problem.

10. Katyrr

Katyrr Screech

Minecraft:
    xD

cars3n and nicktree like this.
  11. DutchSpruceRun

DutchSpruceRun Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I especially agree with the last part about the 'This should be a profile post' people.

Alex1, bloww, Bramblesthatcat and 4 others like this.
  12. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes you need to post animals with guns in order to be accepted.
    The Foundation... ....... ..
    but seriously tf there were actual cults? Why wasn't here for that feelsbad.

SUPER M and trex1611 like this.
  13. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heya!
    Personally I think CTs (as you said) should be allowed to work in the background without getting involved with the community, but what bugs me is that some still feel like they have a right to speak on behalf of the "average player" when doing that. Some get overly defensive and try to protect their work & pride in an aggressive and condescending way which doesn't accurately represent the staff/ct's general opinion but leaves a negative impression.
    I do think that public statements by CT members should be more carefully worded as many don't realize that they speak on behalf of all of us when ranting on a thread, and should someone do it nonetheless I'd be for immediate removal from the team.

14. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    To be fair Discord is way better to use than the shoutbox in general, and to be frank the class builds channel has almost already gave me a better experience than the shoutbox ever did. There was a lot of nasty stuff gathering in the SB in recent years so I'm glad it died off.

Also what Yuno said about Discord being more useful for the "cults".

All I can really say is sorry that you feel that way bloww, I don't want to make too long of a post, I'm sure kitten or someone else can do that better than me. Good luck with what you do man.

15. Lumia

Lumia Making your potatoes since 2002. CT Manager HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncraft is not Bethesda, CT are not payed and yet still spend hundreds or thousands of hours making content. To expect the same professionalism, quality, and user interaction as Triple A Game is ridiculous.

We as CT have no obligation to make content, and if in the end people on the CT no longer like making content because of the communities feedback, they will just leave. The only reason CT make the game is because they like making the game. That's it. When someone just outright makes the claim that the new content that someone spend hundreds of volunteer hours working is bad, that person who made the content is not going to want to make content anymore.
    How would you like reading many essays and rants about why everything you've done for the past year, stuff you've done to make other people happy and to let other people have fun, not for money but because you love making it, is all trash and the person who made it sucks at there volunteer job.

If all the community does is shit talk the CT ,the CT just leave. There is nothing keeping us here other than our love of the game. But that can change over time.
    Note- I am not justifying or excusing CT being needlessly rude. I am saying to have such high expectations of volunteers and then shit talk said volunteers is wrong.

(EDIT) To be clear, I am not saying you should just not give feedback nor that we are infallible because we are volunteers. I am saying that the fact that we are volunteers should have on impact on the expectations of the CT. And that it should be known that we are only making the game because we love the game.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Sprite, Corruptplex, Bliss and 39 others like this.
  16. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    omg quitting threads should be a profile post !!!!

but if ur actually quitting then goodbye

cars3n likes this.
  17. Realises

Realises was fun while it lasted ♡ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also quit for the same reasons
    The way the CT, Mods, and Admins treat the community and handle some things is not acceptable and it really bothers me
    What made me finally quit was probably the whole thing about the leaderboards,
    They wiped everyone's xp and didn't find it a problem then jp just gives everyone who got 101 before 1.18 a tiny star beside their name, like seriously?
    The way they handled that and some of the responses by the Admins/Mods/CT were.. I wanna say inappropriate but it's not the right word

Not A Nub, Goden, SUPER M and 11 others like this.
  18. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

This belongs in Llevigar's Docks :D (ok ok don't kick me)

cars3n likes this.
  19. Elephat

Elephat hi HERO

Minecraft:
    oboy another post by the spoiled bloww ;)

prepare for a scattered mess of my thoughts and ideas
    THANK YOU THANK YOU

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    Well, that's a compelling argument too, but I'm still leaning toward bloww's side.

I'm gonna paraphrase a quote from @Drew1011 :
    "Sometimes I feel like wynncraft is on an unrelenting mission to alienate their oldest and most dedicated players."
    yes yess ty droo sums it up well

But yeah, call us all spoiled brats, stuck in the past, but surely you can't just ignore it when so many of the dedicated players on wynns spidey senses' are telling us something is wrong.
    I totally understand your point of view too, @ConquistadorBob , and I'm sure you wanted to word that a lot stronger than you did, but nonetheless, wynn has come a long way, and surely there is a way we can come together to satisfy more people. I'm not inside everyone's mind, and I don't have any good ideas at the moment, but It's just my dream.

also, @bloww if you're leaving for good, and its not too late already, do us all a favor and don't give anyone your LE, wiping a ton of LE out of circulation would be nice for us all.

20. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok this is a serious thread and I respect bloow's opinion and feedback, so please post memes and joke replies somewhere else.

Discussion threads are healthy and always appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.