Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Zight Cave Minigame - The New Lootrunning

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Jorts, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    So, to start off, there's a new minigame on Zight Island that Involves you running in a cave and looting chests (There's about 40 of them) what I've picked up from most players is that this is extremely unprofitable, but I'm here to show you how to get the best of your money.

Mobs:
    Ok, Starting off with mobs you have a few different kinds, the first one is the Spider and its bush, avoid these at all costs because they don't drop Zight Gold, the most valuable resource in the cave. Next, you have pretty much every other mob, you're almost guaranteed 1 Zight Gold per kill on those so kill them. The last type of mob you have is the Gold Hoarder, you usually only see one of these per run, kill him because he drops 5-6 gold.

Zight Money (Mangement):
    The most concerning issue here is your Zight Money, It costs 4 Zight money per ticket, you can get 10 Zight Money for 1le. The Zight gold you get from the cave you can exchange 8 of for 4EB. So how much gold do you need per Zight Money? You need 128Gold per 10 Zight Money and 12.8 for 1 Zight Money. This means that to get your money back in a run (and possibly make a profit) You need a grand total of 51.2 Gold in a run, which isn't that hard to achieve. If you get that much (by constantly killing specified mobs and collecting their gold) you will get a net profit and a few ingredients under your belt.

Tips & Tricks:
    So, now that you know the stats, what else do you need? You need a strategy. The best strategy for this is speed and mana, get as much mana and ws as you can, Archer is the best class for this. Items you might want to use include: Flashstep/Walkspeed Items, Aquarius/Mana Items, Discoverer/LB Items (Discoverer is an Absolute beast in this). You should never stop moving unless you're in a chest, gather contents of each chest in less than 4 seconds, try to angle your AoE attacks to kill as many Gold-dropping mobs and lastly have fun! As grindy as this is it is pretty fun, and if you like speed runs you should enjoy this. It's a great minigame and I suggest everyone to try it out atleast once, even if you aren't making a profit.

2. tomjerry92

tomjerry92 Warrior Sympathizer

Minecraft:
    Hopefully its reasonable and balance.
    Also hopefully it doesn't require 100% total optimization, otherwise im megaded in this economy oof

3. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Would mage work for this?

4. FluxifiedGod1

FluxifiedGod1 AAAA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    imagine needing to pay almost 32 eb just to lootrun :kek:

trex1611 likes this.
  5. Jorts

Minecraft:
    Yeah, you need to use a good ws build and utilize your TP’s though. It won’t be the best in damage, again it’s best with archer but mage works with more effort

6. xSuper_Jx

xSuper_Jx IM | 119 Mythics Found Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    40 chests meaning loot chests with actuall loot?
    What tiers are the chests?

7. Jorts

Minecraft:
    they range from t1-t4

8. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think there are 2 T4, ~10 T3, ~15 T2, and ~20 T1.

9. xSuper_Jx

xSuper_Jx IM | 119 Mythics Found Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    How long it take to go through them all
    NEVERMIND

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  10. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    This is actually an amazing way to make money, going for loot chests or not. If you go for zight gold(kill mobs), 8zg=4eb, so pretty easy to earn money back. Also, if you have any friends on, they can all come in as long as one person puts in a ticket, so super easy zg farming while other loot chests. Low-key I think this is the fastest way to make money rn

Isabeau37 and Jorts like this.
  11. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    You also might want to add to tips+tricks about that multiple people can get in with 1 pass

12. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:

13. Electro_Shooter

Electro_Shooter Proud of have a computer to post this.

Minecraft:
    and how would small amounts of loot bonus (50-80 percent) work, would you sometimes get extra gold?

14. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    If that worked, going in with a loot-bonus build would allow you to farm like, 2 stacks of gold a time, leading to a lot of extra profit (on top of the chests)
    With no LB, I got around 45. I happen to have a max diamond dust, so this might be a possible grind spot for me

Electro_Shooter likes this.
  15. mrcraftyketchup

mrcraftyketchup Meleeing Enthusiast HERO

Minecraft:
    I just ran it a few times, it is a good way to earn money, but looting chests is almost worthless without high loot bonus (unless you are low on potions)

16. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The mobs have a fixed chance to drop Zhight Gold each, though the stronger mobs have a better chance...

Electro_Shooter and Jorts like this.
  17. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I've been starting to do this and discovered that it is wayy better to do this with a friend.

Jorts likes this.
  18. Jorts

Minecraft:
    Yeah i wanted to add, unlimited people can enter with one ticket. with 4 people in about 30 mins we made 10le between us just from the zight gold. its a really good option for quick money w/friends.

nicktree likes this.
  19. Prie

Prie gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    This got nerfed today, you now need 5 zight money for a pass and 15 zight gold for 4 eb. Its still possible to profit from it, altough its not much.

Leo Shih and Jorts like this.
  20. Jorts

Minecraft:
    This is actually stupid, I'd like to call upon the people who nerfed it for a conversation. Why must the developers take every good feature and make it worse? The chests inside the cave are levelled and not good, It's redeeming features is that it's actually fun and can give you somewhat of a small profit. An absolute joke is what this is. How do you expect players (old and new alike) to appreciate your work and the game in general if you're constantly nerfing fun features? This update came with a few things and it is overall ruining the existing features and new ones. You say it's your goal to balance the economy but really what your doing is keeping people without le poor and making people who do have a lot of it more conscious about their spending and maybe even hoard it. Yes the CT put effort in this, Yes we shouldn't shit on their hard work, however I hate these actions that they are taking: starting from making level 101's lose their hundreds of millions of hard earned xp to adding taxes to the market place and you being able to buy your own items and now this. I'm done.

fol1234, Tsuneo, Shaggy and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.