Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft On Hytale Is A Bad Idea...

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by PL_ADI, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PL_ADI

PL_ADI Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/wynncraft-should-use-hytale-to-get-more-things-done.239366/
    There's a lot like this...
    Now in my opinion, what if hytale cost $399.99, eh, suggestion guy?

Okay, let's say it costs $59.99.
    Cons:
    Do you want to buy a new game to play the same things?
    Why recreate something stable, when the "Migration" process could still break the map?
    The resourcepack definitely would not be on hytale, since it has like a million new mechanics and such, and all would need to be retextured. Why take it there to retexture everything new? Will it even support resourcepacks?
    MAIN POINT: So to make it the same on both, you'd need to abandon things that hytale adds, making it pointless to use. Just the hassle of everything for nothing.
    Also, it would make a split in the community, a split would play minecraft and the others; hytale.
    That would make it just boring.
    There's more points to this, but you get it. JUST STUPID!

I'd like some feedback... What do you think about this?

2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    We already knew it was a bad idea
    Don’t tell us again

3. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ^This^, especially when PL just pulled an idiotic retail price out of his ass. The Hytale team would never stoop as low as pricing it as a regular AAA game.

yellowscreen likes this.
  4. Daridon248

Daridon248 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Time to deconstruct your arguments (if a point doesn't appear that means I agree with it)
    You are exaggerating with the prices. They won't make a game have an AAA cost because they know that would make a lot of people step back (they don't even confirmed yet if it's going to be free to play (f2p) or a paid game (p2p or pay to play))
    Why do you think it is going to be the same as minecraft? The game already showed up their differences compared to minecraft, and with it, it already demonstrated a completely new experience aside from minecraft.
    Because you simply cannot migrate the map from minecraft to hytale (the dev team said that they literally builded the entire hypixel lobby again for the trailer), but that game has a lot more building tools for you to build it faster and better.
    You can literally create new blocks, entities and structures with a SERVER CLIENT that will automaticlly download the moment you enter, also why wouldn't you use some of the already present textures since they already look good for the server?
    I agree with the split part, but not with making it boring. Is like what would happen if wynncraft doesn't have a minecrafty look and look more standalone, which obviously would divide the communnity but that doesn't mean by itself is bad.
    Like what points? I know it may be a stupid idea port wynncraft into hytale because of the controversy it recieves and the low viability due of the small team and the resources that the server has right now, which would make it difficult for both completely porting and splitting the team in two for both games, but I want to know more reasons why.

Well, if Wynncraft: Hytale edition is an impossible dream right now....maybe someone else has to do the ultimate MMORPG there instead....who knows who will be, and how it would be, or even how it would be named.......Time will tell....

5. PL_ADI

Minecraft:
    still, don't want to be forced to buy a new game to play a server that is allready on minecraft

6. Daridon248

Minecraft:

7. PL_ADI

Minecraft:
    You sure? Coz from what I heard, it will probably cost something.

8. Daridon248

Minecraft:
    Extracted from the hytale's FAQ (https://hytale.com/news/2018/11/hytale-faq)
    "Is Hytale going to be free to play or paid?
    • We’re still finalising the exact details of the business model. When that’s done, we’ll share more details!"

And for now they still don't confirm the business model of it, so it still can be f2p or p2p.

Seriously, Hytale is no joke now. They are going for big, they have everything in their favor, they learned not only from their own errors, but from other games that they witnessed failing, and they have experience in what they are doing. If they don't mess it up for the time that comes, we may be witnessing the next GOTY and we are not noticing it yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  9. PL_ADI

Minecraft:
    I don't really like the feels of hytale.

I made a scenario:
    It will take 60% of minecraft's players and make mc dead.
    If that scenario happens; probably wynncraft dies because they have "better things to do in hytale"

10. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can strongly disagree.

Not sure if you haven't heard, but a large part of the Wynncraft community absolutely despises Hypixel. Even if they just play for a little, they'll probably come back.

Plus, all the strong players will still be here.

11. Daridon248

Minecraft:
    Yeah, it looks like they are gonna stay strong after the release of Hytale, which is very awesome because it demonstrates their connection to each other. But one thing to note, is that this is a new communnity entirely, so we are not sure how they would be. This is not Hypixel's communnity anymore, this is Hytale's future one.

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  12. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I plan to buy the game if it doesn't end up as a no man's sky
    I don't know man they said modding was a big chunk of the game who knows I don't know if that info hints something you tell me man
    Sounds reasonable for a game that has done, in 3 years of development, what Minecraft couldn't in 8 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.