Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    was looking through wynndata and found
    upload_2018-12-26_6-14-2.png
    not sure if its a mistake on wynndatas part or a typo in the API but shouldn't this be called "Arcane Greaves" instead of "Arcane Grieves?" pretty sure grieve means sadness and I don't think this was misspelled on purpose.

2. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

Lego_DW likes this.
  3. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Boreal needs a fire def buff, not an hpr buff. Considering hpr is useless in combat these boots really dont offer enough (other than being fabulous in warp builds) to warrant -250 + -19% to -10% fire def.

Fwap a Durp, LarzLapiz and by2011 like this.
  4. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while i agree that the -fire defense is annoyingly high, hpr activates when using
    a. high agi builds (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
    b. assassin

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Agility activations still reset the regen cooldown

Druser, H0Y, tig and 1 other person like this.
  6. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cool, didn't know that

7. Jorts

Minecraft:
    Hey IM's, I've recently found an Item that I feel to be too overpowered. That item is Kaas' Fur. I think this item is overpowered for a few reasons, 1 mainly being it has the highest net mana of any pair of leggings in the game. Not only does it have this mana at level 40, but there are very miniscule drawbacks to it, a low requirement, and the item even boasts good hp and positive defenses for its level! For reference, look at the item Seipodon , This item is pretty much a high level version of what Kaas' Fur would be with a few minor differences. Seipodon has no net defense buff, although it does boast decent HP. Another comparison we can make is that it loses to Kaas' Fur in terms of mana, in which it is the main stat in both items. I understand that this item may strike you guys as strong, or maybe slightly overpowered, but I find a definite issue in the fact that it has the most mana of all the leggings in game. With this in mind, I hope you guys could possibly consider taking a further look into the item and possibly even consider reworking it. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. - Alpha

mouldy and by2011 like this.
  8. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    https://www.wynndata.tk/i/Trench+Scourer
    Ectoplasm also has 4 net mana. Although the item you mentioned is quite powerful, it has no upsides other than good mana. and has -spell

Jorts likes this.
  9. Jorts

Minecraft:
    The Item has great health and positive defenses, the negative spell isn't a good enough drawback. Other items with similar mana get their fair share with negative defenses and/or high requirements and are higher level as well. The way I see it, this is four free mana using only one item at level 40.

tig likes this.
  10. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    rework earthsky equinox its bad thank yyou

11. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    As a person who currently uses Kaas Fur at level, the -spell damage is honestly pretty consequential since most items don’t have as much spell damage as higher leveled items do, with the exception of The strategist, which has -mana regen anyways. However, I do think they should raise the intelligence requirement, since that is a bit low IMO

Jorts likes this.
  12. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Kaas' Fur would go really well with Karma.

13. Jorts

Minecraft:
    Adamantite more like thx 4 tha -20 earth defense

blow w and by2011 like this.
  14. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EDIT: copied over from thread for an easier read

First, for those who aren't familiar with what Silkweb mail is:
    Currently:
    https://www.wynndata.tk/i/Silkweb+Mail

Planned changes:
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-286170120

As of right now, Silkweb Mail to me is an item that just screams hybrid. It has plenty of life steal and mana steal, and some skill points, and also boosts powder special damage with the %melee boost. The -tier also helps proc steals and charge powder specials.

Although its not a commonly used item, I think its an item with potential. I can see it being used in a viable build, there are no real substitutes for it, and if I got a good one on a loot run, I'd keep it.

However, the new Silkweb Mail doesn't seem like it has a place. While it does boast the second highest raw melee damage for a chesplate in the game (after taurus), the -1 tier makes it overall unappealing. The difference in melee dps between a very fast and super fast weapon is a good 40%, and the -tier more than counters the added raw melee damage. It'd be more worth it to use Coat of Byakko and another raw melee boosting armor piece in almost all cases. The air damage looks kinda nice until you realize that there aren't really any viable air-based melee items. Finally, the mana steal is gone. That cuts off an entire class of possibilities for Silkweb being used in a spell or hybrid build. Besides, even if you're melee, spells are super useful (assassin blind, mage teleport, archer escape or shield to name a few), and mana is still important.

Overall I think the Silkweb changes will put it in a worse place than before, to the point that if I came across anything besides maybe a maxed Silkweb I'd just toss it to the item buyer. It looks almost completely worthless (except for that one divzer raw melee meme! woohoo!)

Even if old Silkweb doesn't completely fit the earth-air archetype of raw melee and totally incompetent spells *ahem* harwrol I far prefer old silkweb to the new changed version.

So yeah idk if the item team would be willing to reverse those changes just my two cents

or five cents

TL;DR: I don't think the Silkweb changes are productive/give it a good niche; old one fits nicely in a hybrid build but new one is just kinda yikes

EDIT: Fixed link - bad custom item

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  15. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    hppeng and by2011 like this.
  16. hppeng

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nope
    how do you type letters ive just been buttonmashing until the correct actions pop up
    help

17. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    select everything
    press ctrl + c
    come to this thread
    start to type
    ctrl + v
    by2011 and hppeng like this.
  18. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Earth/Air is signified by two distinct yet separated archetypes, conventional E/A is fast melee playstyle with little spell, and the "void" subtype that is spell with little melee but comes with lifesteal. Old silkweb mail is nothing of either the two, mana steal is not a E/A trait, and it was not supposed to be the hybrid item that it somehow was, in fact, the old design was a mess of item designing, its only "good" precisely because it has things that it should not begin with. It's not a "niche" when it isn't supposed to be there at all in the first place.

Ingredients are a free game, feel free to make as many wacky items that suit your personal build as possible, but for regular items there are design rules that we do have to follow. A lot of the items that gets revamp were made in the time where there were little to no rules, which in turns made a lot of items really chaotic, messy, and failed to represent the elemental traits.

New Silkweb with its -1 attack tier is meant to accompany for faster attack speed weapons, where that large amount of raw melee and the additional elemental damages would provide much more damage than the one taken away from the 1 attack tier, it also increases the powder special damage as powder specials is less effective on faster weapons due to low base damage.

Next time use the item team discussion thread, this is honestly where everything about item goes. I am on a holiday and I still check this thread, be it a bit less frequent in replies, but I only spot your thread on pure coincidence and saw comments referring to there, which again, you clearly know about it and could have literally just edited the thread in here, but you didn't, for reasons that we all know. We ask that anything item related that wanted to be taken seriously, especially feedbacks, to be discussed here. This is so that this thread can be the go-to discussion hub for every item enthusiasts that wanted to discuss items other people reported, or just serve as a perfect entryway for people that wish be more active in the items and builds community.

And yes, ingredients also falls under the jurisdiction of the Item Team, so you guys can discuss ingredients here as well.

mouldy, xSuper_Jx, Gigavern and 3 others like this.
  19. hppeng

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That makes sense, I guess

I still feel like taking an item and making it less usable or interesting isn't a step in the right direction, even if it doesn't exactly fit its elemental archetype, but I guess that's just me

There are also many other items that seem elemental archetype breaking (Ex Nihilo with spell support, Resistance for thunder tank?, Brainwash for thunder/earth mana regen?, Crown of Suzaku with air defense?, Breakdown just weird, Caesura, Scorpio, Lunar Spine, Summa, Sitis, etc), and a lot of these items are especially useful or interesting precisely because they break said archetypes and I think that's something valuable to have

Items that break archetypes make for more well-balanced builds overall and more possibilities/fun for players imo

But if there are strict rules for item making then so be it

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Druser, Gigavern and Killerfish like this.
  20. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well, to be fair, multiple of these items have these traits because of their names (or at least i'm assuming so)

hppeng likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.