Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Poll What Is Your Favorite Forum Theme And Why?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by colin350, Dec 15, 2018.

?

What is your most preferred forum theme?

1. Full Moon [Dark Theme]

24.7%
  2. Journey [Light Theme]

13.6%
  3. Hallowynn

6.6%
  4. Starry Night

49.8%
  5. 25 Days of Craftmas

6.6%
  6. Northern Glow

20.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the Hallowynn theme becouse it's easier to look at like the Dark Themes, and the orange buttons stand-out and it overall looks pretty good.
    Also I like Halloween :D

ploo likes this.
  2. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nothern Glow. I'd love to use Full Moon but it turns everything like user text and the like into this ugly gray. If those were just reverted back to their usual blue that theme would be like a thousand times better.

JaydonTheWarrior and ShadowMage1 like this.
  3. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the analogy

T-Flex likes this.
  4. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dark Theme (Full Moon).

Starry Night is alright, but I don't like it as much.

-Inconsistent theme colors
    -The toolbar literally moves the logo down, so now you have this large empty space with tiny font in the corner in. Unlike in the other full menus at the top, it contrasts with the art. It's like taking Starry Night, pasting it onto a plain blue paper, then framing it onto the blue paper.
    -No separation between Alerts, Log Out, Inbox, Profile Picture (no defined area to each one shown)
    -Profile picture that's far too small to really be of any significance besides being out of place
    -Font is boring, small, doesn't really fit well as the very top of the page.
    -If you're reading a thread, you have to click on "Go back to Wynncraft", wait for the page to load, then press on Forums to return to the main forums page (or scroll all the way to the top).

Dark Theme navigation menu is better because
    -Doesn't move the logo/art down
    -Doesn't clutter up the menu that much
    -Blends with the art position wise
    -Fits with the theme of the Wynncraft logo well
    More general stuff
    -Color scheme is stuck to
    -Everything is visible enough (Lines are thick enough etc)

Northern Glow's art is my favorite, but those cyan lines/text are just too small and undefined.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  5. Lord_He1mchen

Lord_He1mchen EX-Mod, was nice HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's Starry Night for me.
    The reasons for that are:
    • I personally prefer dark themes over light themes
    • The Starry Night theme is the only remaining theme with the old top bar which is a reason for me to use it because:
      • I don't really like the new top bar because I'm lazy and I want to see the alerts and conversations without opening the menu (and it also messes with other buttons I need for my work)
      • it is usable on my phone as well
    • I like the look of the theme
    • I'm used to it after using it for 3 years now
    • and the last thing: I already mentioned it, I'm lazy and don't really want to try other themes
    However I also like what has been created with the other themes, but said reasons are enough for me to stay with Starry Night.

XavierEXE likes this.
  6. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    My personal favourite is WynncraftTheme - the design seems to all flow really well, the colours work amazing together, so the important things stand out from everything else.

After that, my next favourite is Light Theme (Journey), because it’s the closest to WynncraftTheme. My only problems with it are that nothing really stands out from anything else, and some things on it don’t work (not sure if thats a problem with the theme though). I especially like the fact that posts by moderators are coloured orange so its easier to tell them apart.

7. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Starry night is by far the ugliest theme of them all. Font is dark blue (on a dark theme), it has light brown bars on main page, no navbar (it doesn't take more space than the empty black bar on starry night and allow for more options), weird colour inconsistencies (look at this: https://i.imgur.com/5fW7iJG.png the commas stands out way more than the usernames). I really don't understand why it's so popular. Is it the general blue colour theme? Or do you guys just don't know about our lord and savior Full Moon?

[​IMG]

Look at its nice subtle purple colour scheme invoking the thought of a still far away sunset, its shockingly readable font, the link highlights being at the right place, daring you to click them... or even the hidden background wolf howling towards the moon, representing the devs' attempts to let the world know about this perfect theme, without success. What's not to love about this beauty?

8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2018-12-15_22-20-49.png
    That

XavierEXE, Lotem, OolongTeaa and 6 others like this.
  9. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP

by2011 and A Human like this.
  10. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:

11. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Starry night. It’s very dark where I come from, so it fits the mood very well.
    Also northern glow, because of the colours. I also think it has the best toolbar.

12. Electrolysis

Electrolysis person VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Starry night because it’s dark theme and works well on mobile (last I checked (which was a really long time ago) a lot of the other themes didn’t work that well on mobile)

But yeah I can’t stand light theme anything, basically makes me go blind.

13. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I use Starry Night mostly because it’s what I’m used to. I’m fully aware Full Moon is objectively better, but it doesn’t feel right because I’ve been using Starry Night for so long. I need my delicious blue-on-black inadequacy.

NITEHAWKX and Jorts like this.
  14. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like the starry night theme because it's easier on my eyes.
    Also I really liked the old dark theme (it was a bit ugly) but the color theme was friendlier imo.
    It had a really dark background but the section titles and bars had a light brown brick texture which made the stand out more.

15. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
  16. choochoochoo

choochoochoo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I personally prefer a light theme over a dark one because words in a light theme feels easier and more comfortable to read to me. (I know many people would say otherwise) My favorite would be the craftmas theme since, with titles in blue texts, it feels more colourful than the Light theme [Journey].

17. weeb

weeb professional time waster CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Full moon looks kinda nice but starry night works alot better on mobile.
    I'm a fan of dark themes in general, way easier to read stuff and i don't see a reason to strain my eyes.

18. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    starry night, it simply pleases me visually the most

19. ploo

ploo Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I prefer Hallowynn but I just like the orange more than the blue and the alerts/mesages logos more than the bar. I also really like the background and Wynncraft logo and how the colors go together for me.

20. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    I use Full Moon just because it's a dark theme and I prefer the plain colored buttons and quote boxes than the blue and oranged colored ones from Starry Night and Hallowynn respectively. When I wake up in the morning and check the forums, I don't like looking at bright colors, so the plain colors of Full Moon suit me best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.