Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Poll What Is Your Favorite Forum Theme And Why?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by colin350, Dec 15, 2018.

?

What is your most preferred forum theme?

1. Full Moon [Dark Theme]

24.7%
  2. Journey [Light Theme]

13.6%
  3. Hallowynn

6.6%
  4. Starry Night

49.8%
  5. 25 Days of Craftmas

6.6%
  6. Northern Glow

20.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hello!

Please vote above for which theme you like the most. You can select up to two choices.

If you are interested in providing written feedback, please do so in the comments. However, I ask that you follow these guidelines to providing constructive feedback:

1. Please actually give a reason. Some of you are those "light theme" or "dark theme" groupies, and just think that the superior answer is: "because X theme is the best." Please put some thought into your reasoning as to why you prefer dark theme or light theme. An example would be: "I prefer dark theme because it's easier on my eyes"

2. This is not a shit post thread. I am actually looking for some feedback. So please be a little mature if you want your feedback to be considered.

3. I know WynncraftTheme got disabled. This is not a complaint thread. If you want to list positive or negative reasons as to why WynncraftTheme was a good example as a theme, that is perfectly fine.

-C

2. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    That’s a lot of titles

Dr Zed and A Human like this.
  3. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    dark theme master race

4. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The classic dark theme: Starry Night. It's always been my favorite since I joined the forums (although sometimes I've switched to the removed old light theme), because it doesn't burn my eyes when I check the forums when I wake up. This type of Dark Theme is the cleanest in my opinion too; I'm not a huge fan of stuff like the menu and website links following me as I scroll down.

EDIT: I like that community poll tag.

Selvut283, XavierEXE, mouldy and 4 others like this.
  5. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know, right?
    It's so hard to read his thread when I have to look at that tag ladder starring me in the eyes.

It's like a hot chemistry teacher, but instead of listening to her class, I look at her cleavage.

mouldy, Son_Omega_Dan, Spinel and 2 others like this.
  6. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been using hallowynn since 2016, I absolutely love the feel it gives off, also the orange color is pleasant to look at

Son_Omega_Dan likes this.
  7. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Starry Night. The newer themes with their moving bar at the top shrink the size of the window too much for me, look bad, and when you scroll they mess with mobile at times.
    All of the light themes are too bright for me, I have light sensitivity and they hurt my eyes.

Starry Night is the only theme I've ever used because it's easy on the eyes and doesn't have the annoying bar at the top.

If I had to pick a second best, it would probably be Hallowynn, I like the colours more than Starry Night but the bar annoys me too much to use it. Same with Northern Glow in that regard.

Lotem, mouldy, Son_Omega_Dan and 4 others like this.
  8. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I like Starry night not just because it's a "dark theme", but because of it's simple design. I've always disliked the look of the newer themes and that bar on top in them. i just like Starry night's design the way it is in general.

XavierEXE, mouldy, NITEHAWKX and 4 others like this.
  9. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    My first choice would be the old light theme from a few years back that was removed due to some technical issue with it; for the same reason that people like Starry Night, I liked that light theme because it's unobstructive and doesn't follow you around while you scroll. As for using light over dark, it's simply preference from having used light themes for such a long time. However, the theme's gone now, so I've had to find an alternative.

The recently removed light theme is still preferable to Journey, as if there must be an obstruction on the page, I'd prefer a solid obstruction that effectively shortens the visible page over one that only partially blocks a section of the page; it's neater that way.

With WynncraftTheme gone too, I now use 25 Days of Craftmas as it is the most favorable light theme that I can use.

mouldy likes this.
  10. Alexdacube

Alexdacube The Cube is reborn CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Old wynncraft theme was my favourite tbh, I heavily dislike the top bar in the light theme

11. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My favorite theme is Starry Night, firstly for the fact that it has nice dark colors, so I don't have to close my eyes in the morning for a few seconds just to see my alerts, the art is beautiful, and...
    [​IMG]
    ...it has a nice, simple, easy to access, clean toolbar. I've taken a look at all of the other themes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And from what I can tell, Starry Night is currently the only theme to have the toolbar it has (iirc WynncraftTheme had it too but it's long gone). The other themes either have a menu that you have to open just to see your alerts (Hallowynn) or a lot of buttons unrelated to the forums, like the map, store, and home page (the other 4 themes). These themes also use pictures instead of the name of what your trying to look at, which is perfectly fine, however I find it much easier to just read "Alerts" or "Inbox" instead of looking at an envelope and bell. I think instead, there should just be an option to which toolbar you want (simple (starry), menued (hallowynn), or default (others))
    finally Starry night is the only theme you can use scroll in

thank you for your time

edit: ha i lied turns out the toolbars on the other themes not starry night change depending on your zoom size. However, my opinion still stays the same.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Gogeta, dargonlrod and mouldy like this.
  12. _Tiger

_Tiger Completionist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I prefer the Northern Glow because it's dark but it still has some colors to it. It also makes me think of my own country, Norway. I think it fits to the forum page too and "it's easier on my eyes". The theme has an adventurous look to it which makes it fit very well to a minecraft server such as Wynncraft. Yup, thats why i prefer Northern Glow.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  13. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    As with many other community members, I love Starry Night. The simple and easily readable toolbar is unique to the theme, and the dark pallette is easy on my eyes and not difficult to read. The background art also looks nice, and complements the forums well.

XavierEXE likes this.
  14. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Starry night, since it's the only one that doesn't suffer from one of these issues:
    -Offset top bar buttons
    -Alerts not updating in real time
    -Alerts counter not showing numbers
    -Alerts counter being outside it's bubble on mobile
    -Being unable to scroll up in alerts section, account details and similar
    -Disgusting color palettes (such as northern lights' neon green, gray brown and dark gray)
    -Lack of texture on side panel
    -Impossible to read texts (light yellow on white)
    -A background image with random artifacts
    -Texts overflowing off the right side of the screen, due to low resolution (such as mobile)

And as for preferences:
    -Doesn't have an annoying top bar constantly covering a part of the page on pc
    -Is dark
    -Can be used on-the-go seamlessly, due to other themes' issues mentioned above

Palette wise, hallowynn's the winner

Castti, XavierEXE, Lotem and 2 others like this.
  15. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't mind the colour schemes of the other dark themes, but the bar is too annoying to bear, so I stick with Starry Night.

XavierEXE and Lotem like this.
  16. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Northern Glow feels good because you have the top bar for easy accessibility to other parts of the website, easy on the eyes, and the profile boxes and Reply bubbles aren't intrusive with their dark color.

17. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I'm a big fan of Starry Night. I used to run with the default ("light") theme until I tried "Dark Theme" out. I didn't like it at first and changed back, but after I changed the second time, I stuck with it and it's grown on me. I personally prefer it over all the other themes because it has the old bar system I love:
    Screenshot_2018-12-15 Literally Unplayable.png
    The alerts and inbox turn red and are easily visible immediately. I dislike the other themes with the new menu bar because not only does it hide the alerts so I can't view them as easily (with just a mouseover), but it completely ruins the experience on my iPod 5. It takes up half the screen and is a pain to use, and always seems to follow me. I'm extremely glad this old dark theme has stayed through the years, because the other themes with the new menu bar are just so annoying to use on mobile and PC. There doesn't need to be shortcuts for every aspect of Wynncraft on the forum's menu bar (like the store), that's already provided by the 'Go back to Wynncraft' button which takes you to a more relevant site.

Poker and XavierEXE like this.
  18. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    as god intended

XavierEXE, mouldy, NITEHAWKX and 4 others like this.
  19. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh shit the admins are making poll threads now.

mouldy, H0Y, ploo and 1 other person like this.
  20. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I miss wynncrafttheme, but I'll state exactly why:

• To me, it's nostalgic as hell. Idk why, but the look and feel of it just makes me feel a little nostalgic (idk why it does, I haven't even used forums for that long)
    • It looks really good to me. Like, maybe I'm romanticizing it, but I remember it looked great
    • It's the only theme that I know of (other than 25 days of craftmas) that doesn't have the stupid notification and log out icons show on mobile without pressing the "menu" button (Seriously, it's really annoying for me, idk why exactly.)
    • I dislike dark theme because I think it's too dark, and also because I just really hate white text. It just bothers me so much for no reason.
    • The only other light themes are Journey and 25 days of craftmas. Journey has a bad aesthetic imo, a little too brown and tan for me, and it's weird to use a Christmas theme in July. (Unless I wanna move to south America)
    • Journey's 'arrows' are wonky. They're just solid colored obtuse triangles, and for someone like me who looks at everything big or small on a page, it's distracting. Maybe would be better if the background wasn't a gradient so it wouldn't be noticeable.
    • Edit: I do like the little alert counter things in other themes.
    Also, I just like WynncraftTheme. It appeals to me. A lot.

Alexdacube and A Human like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.