Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious Hypixel Is Ripping Off Wynncraft And We Must Do Something.

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by kolleden, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    I didn't post / follow this forums in years now but this is still my favorite minecraft server to date, and im not gonna stand by when a bigger company just stright up rips it off completly thinking it can get away with it.

For those unaware Hypixel (the company / minecraft server) has released their own stand alown game called "Hytale", and even if we ignore the fact its cloning minecraft in nearly every aspect its also having the audacity to rip off wynncraft creating essentially the same game.

Now I know what your thinking: Wynncraft doesn't own the rights for a "Minecraft MMO RPG Server", its not a property its an IDEA. And your right. but despite that their stealing the entire map and feel wynncraft has to offer:
    Allow me to show you a few examples:

A community hub as a city, Detlas anyone?
    [​IMG]

Deltas Suburbs
    [​IMG]

Nivla Woods.
    [​IMG]

The entrance to Nesaak's forest from Elkurn.
    [​IMG]

Llvingar.
    [​IMG]

Molten Heights.
    [​IMG]

The village in Nivla woods.
    [​IMG]

Nesaak woods.
    [​IMG]

The Cliff near time vally
    [​IMG]

Rymek's desert.
    [​IMG]

Outer Ragni.
    [​IMG]

Their gonna call this place "Goblin Dungeon", im betting top money on it.
    [​IMG]

They even got the whole class system nearly on point, with the only actual difference from wynncraft is that insted of relying on plugins and a resource pack they made their own game engin to run it.

I have a strong suspicion that hypixel is believing they can rip off this server because its small, and its community wont notice or be too tiny to actually raise awareness to this situation, and just like Mineplex, they can steal their idea, make it better than them, and steal the majority of their playerbase. And by looking at the trailer, I think its safe to say that if Hytale will be released, Wynncrafts future as a server could be in very real danger.

(Note: im not talking about the portion where they basiclly inserted the Hypixel server into their game, only on the MMO RPG segment)

WilsonKry, Nirguy, Moss and 7 others like this.
  2. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    or wynncraft is a generic mmo rpg and so is this

3. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    i cant tell if this is a shitpost or not, but the serious tag is pointing towards not

you have to realise that at the end of the day hytale is a completely different game. while it may drive a few players away, its not goibg to kill wynncraft.

also, wynncraft is fully made in minecraft, as compared to hytale being a completely new game. wynn's charm of being a rpg made fully in minecraft will still be here, hytale isnt going to change that.

WilsonKry, camocat9, Bio and 15 others like this.
  4. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    This isn’t even an MMORPG, it’s ripping off Minecraft if anything

A Human, coolname2034 and Dr Zed like this.
  5. Vaward

Vaward First 100% Discoveries as of 12/19/17 22:42 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is Minecraft, a game with cubes. Anything is going to look similar or feel similar to any other thing. Hypixel himself has probably never even heard of Wynncraft, much less cares about it. Every video game has their "generic snow biome," "generic lava biome," "generic plains biome," "generic desert biome," etc. It's not a copy.

6. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but like HowToZombie said, the tag implies it isn't. So let's dive in...
    Detlas does not contain a castle, or a portal, and the building style is quite different. Also, why wouldn't the central hub be a city? Are they going to do all their trading in a desert?
    Apples are cultivated in the Detlas Suburbs, not pumpkins. It also isn't next to a mountain and doesn't have any windmills.
    The Nivla Forest is a low-roofed forest with spiders and a clear road, and it's not too dark that a torch is required to see.
    Elkurn: a small town consisting of mushroom houses, surrounded by a few short trees in a field, with no mountains nearby. The Nesaak Forest contains mainly wolves and snow golems, and is not polar themed. The screenshot is exactly the opposite of all that.
    White buildings = Llevigar? By that logic, didn't Wynncraft rip off the Imperial City from TES? Or, I don't know, any other city that looks rich? And what city that's supposed to be a copy of Llevigar has a giant monster and purple trees and grass?
    Or, y'know, Death Mountain (OOT), Dragonfire Peaks (Trove), Red Mountain (TES), Lost Cit (Shovel Knight), The Mines layers 80-120 (Stardew Valley), the Underworld (Terraria), I could go on...
    That's one single house, and it's not in the trees, and that's clearly a different forest than the one from before.
    Woods. Yeah. Definitely. Just look at all that woodland in that picture.
    If you look in the bottom-left corner, you can see that it's actually an arch. Also - are you really critisizing a game for having realistic terrain? They're not trying to recreate the flatlands where I live...
    It's called a canyon. And the Canyon has islands, not really plateaus, and it has very little sand.
    Or just any field.
    How is that 'ripping off' Wynncraft? The dungeon's names changed ages ago.
    That's exactly the opposite of ripping off. They made an entire engine for their game! How many indie games do you know that used a custom-made engine instead of, say, Unity or the Unreal Engine?
    Actually, Grian and the Hytale devs probably know eachother (Grian and Simon follow eachother on Twitter). He actually got an early version of the game two years ago, and said he loved it (source).

Come on man, do a little digging, and look at it a bit more objectively. This doesn't deserve the 'Serious' tag.

7. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We'll be fine. A lot of the areas in Hytale are based on generic tropes (such as volcanic area) that Wynncraft probably copied too. Judging by the trailer Wynn is different enough that it will be okay, and I doubt Hypixel is being malicious here.

I don't think Wynn's playerbase will dip much either. We still don't know if you'll have to buy Hytale or not, which would definitely turn people away.

8. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I feel like you're trying to find a correlation that's not there. Most of the screenshots you're accusing of copying Wynncraft share nothing more with the Wynncraft area you've sited than being a similar biome. Hytale isn't even an MMO, from the trailer it looks like it will be both singleplayer and multiplayer similar to Minecraft.

That being said... Don't try to rip on something just because it looks similar to things that already exist. Most art takes inspiration from existing ideas. Re-using a formula that has worked before is not an inherently negative thing- it's how we improve on our ideas. If you like Minecraft and Wynncraft, why would Hytale being similar to them be a bad thing?

9. Mega__

Mega__ Assassin Enthusiast

Minecraft:
    They're literally just making Minecraft 2 but it has a bit more of an RPG focus to it

10. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Follow-up: 'Llevigar' is actually a place galled the Garden of Elements.
    Not at all. Hytale seems to use swords, axes, maces, war axes and bows.
    Also, weapons' stats are very different.
    (All of that can be found here).
    A picture of the community hub from a different angle. As you can see, it's right next to water, whereas Detlas is not.
    From the FAQ:
    Hytale's world is procedurally generated. So basically, it's not even physically possible it can rip off an other RPG that has a pre-made world.
    Hytale will be fully moddable.
    It also has fish!

11. Pyronucleic

Pyronucleic Well-Known Adventurer

wynncraft community gotta grow up and realise this post is a joke

12. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    inb4 it costs the amount of a mvp++ membership every year when it comes out

13. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is my thoughts currently:

Is there enough people in hypixel who is interested to keep up Hytale servers?
    Will it be free or will it cost money?
    When will it come out (beta)?

It looks interesting, call me a heretic but I am going to sign up for beta.

14. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Riot Games is an investor for Hypixel Studios. Here's the news article on the Hytale website about it.
    https://hytale.com/news/2018/11/simon-and-rezzus

7Red_Dragon7, coolname2034 and H0Y like this.
  15. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You’re overreacting

16. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Tell me:
    What rpg doesn't have a patchwork map?

coolname2034 and trex1611 like this.
  17. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    the only reason i don’t completely disregard this as a joke is because i hate hypixel and mineplex with all my soul and heart and i will do anything to tear them down
    this is probably the closest thing I can get

18. Stupid Steelpid

Stupid Steelpid Searches for a Fermion, gets a Stardew instead CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    yea fire and snow biomes were all created be wynncraft, just like the big cities, forests and farms.
    dude just chill. if hytale is going to “steal” some of wynncraft’s playerbase it will be mostly the 7-11 years old childrens that im pretty sure are not that significant to the server
    also it is more likely a minecraft ripoff than a wynncraft one

CoolVictor2002, Dr Zed and trex1611 like this.
  19. Runaiic

Runaiic t

This is basically a better Roblox + Oort Online/Boundless, with some aspects of Trove thrown in. It looks okay, but I don't think it's a ripoff of Wynncraft. The character models look horrible, though, but that might be because I'm just not used to their appearance yet.

edit: even if it did happen to be a ripoff of Wynncraft, I doubt it will succeed in doing so. It would be much better if they played to their strengths and catered to what their community wanted, which seems to be exactly what they're doing.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Dr Zed likes this.
  20. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    everyone is writting paragraphs and you simply say this

i love it

WilsonKry, Moss, Mr Peanut and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.