Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hyper Analysis For Trailer

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Blizzardgale, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The teaser of the teaser has finally arrived, and it's time to crank out the analysis! Slowing down and looking at each frame of the trailer gave a wealth of information.

1. HOW SKILLS WORK

[​IMG]

You’re going to find that whether you’re chopping, fishing, or mining -- the UI will always be the same. Before you interact with the activity, the name of the item will be on the top and skill requirement will be on the bottom. After interacting, a progress bar for duration will show up along with experience and the raw material once you’re finished. Level of the activity plays a large part in the duration of collecting the material (high level = longer time), but higher level items grant more skill experience and rarer items.

2. TOOLS CAN BE UPGRADED

[​IMG]

Each tool can be modified through upgrades! As clearly shown by the image, in two separate instances Salted held a set of stone tools and iron tools.

[​IMG]

However, this one frame is particularly striking. We can see that the voidstone (probably around void village) requires a mining level requirement of 100. But Salted holds a stone pickaxe! I placed a cutout of another set of tools he had from a separate part of the video. Wouldn't it make sense to mine a level 100 item with at least an iron pickaxe? From this, I’m assuming that these tools only change the duration needed to farm/fish/mine/chop, and that skill level is the only prerequisite. All tools do is speed up your activity.

[​IMG]

Upgrading tools is also supported by the level up of the fishing skill. "Gathering Rod 5" indicates progression in upgrading tools, and “access” shows that the crafting recipe or upgrade mechanic becomes available. It’s quite interesting that there’s a 5 at the end though when the rod looks like it’s in the stone tier. I’m predicting that before each tool enters the next tier (EX: stone -> iron), it needs to pass through a series of numerical upgrades. For instance, level Gathering Rod (stone) 1-10 and it will upgrade to Supreme Rod (iron) 1. No evidence backing this other than a 5 that seems out of place.

As with most of this update, it's heavily inspired by Runescape. In addition to all these professions, old school Runescape also has tools such as pickaxes that can be wielded only if the skill's level is high enough.

3. FISHING

[​IMG]

Similar to the logging example first shown, each fishing spot will have a school of aquatic creatures swimming about. All you have to do is engage it with your rod and the progress bar will begin. The raw materials collected can be taken to a fish refinery to make different items such as raw fish and what I'm assuming is fish oil?

4. NEW ITEM TYPE?

[​IMG]

Let's compare a snippet from the trailer and Wynncraft today. See the major difference? The green book has been re textured and the shield slot is acknowledged! Since an emphasis is provided on the shield area instead of being blocked out by the texture pack, we likely have a new type of item on our hands! It looks something like an orb or medallion?

5. ORES, GEMS, AND GALORE

[​IMG]

As labeled by the ore refinery, you can make gems and ingots. In the two images on the left, the amount of item in the left area is used to create an ingot on the right in a 1:1 ratio. But this begs the question, why are there three slots for gems? Additionally, I grabbed a picture of a copper ore Salted picked up from the copper mines near Detlas. Shouldn't the ore in the refinery look something more like that? It almost looks like a copper block instead of ore.

[​IMG]

This mob titled "Diamond Golem" holds a similar texture to the item next to the X in the ore refinery with a color palette swap. Certain mobs may be able to drop ores based on their design.

5. SLAYING POST

[​IMG]

Although this is slightly different from the Runescape version of the "slaying skill", I'm still convinced that there's an element of similarity based on how this update is looking. The word slaying post either pays homage to Runescape's inspiration or is possibly another skill -- one that can be leveled through combat from tasks given by the slaying post. Slaying posts will likely be scattered throughout the world and give mini quests based on the regional area; this is supported by the level given to it.

6. WHERE THE SECRET IS LOCATED

[​IMG]

Salted must've prepared trailers in advance to prevent early leaks haha. There is nothing of these images that can tell you anything at all unfortunately. Those few shots of the location are all we have.

7. PROFESSIONS MENU

[​IMG]

First, let's establish the mystery identity of the item in the top left corner. It's a farming item used in crop refineries and the main symbol of the farming skill.

[​IMG]

Now let's go into what all these professions icons mean. The previous establishment of farming completely deciphers the left column's meaning. Those icons in order are farming, fishing, woodcutting, and mining. The rest I'll have to make predictions, but I'm guessing alchemy, jewelry, combat, scrolls?, cooking, hunting? Not too sure on these. The icons at the top are similar to the ones we have currently. They're likely player stats, weapon/spell damage, and elemental defense.

8. DURABILITY PROBLEMS

Crafting now introduces the element of durability. Different crafting items can be used in order to change the stats of gear, but most come at the cost of durability. However, JPresent noted this:

[​IMG]

(He also said legends in another post) If mythics and legendaries don't have durability, then won't crafting items not apply to them? The point of crafting items is to balance the positives with a negative durability. I don't see how they could work with mythics and legendaries then. Crafting might be a function to bolster the use of uniques and rares and to diversify builds.

9. MISCELLANEOUS

[​IMG]

The copper area outside a quick flash of a city is in fact a revamped detlas suburb. You can see this based on the city icon on the left, and it would make sense for copper to be in a low level area.

[​IMG]

Developer server perks. Just look at those soul points haha.

[​IMG]

DEVELOPERS!!!

I'm here to file a build report before the update has even arrived!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Manavv

Manavv :/

Hope the mini-quests provide a viable amount of XP or items so that it is actually worth to grind them out

3. PinkGangsterGoat

PinkGangsterGoat bump 10char CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When the corkus trailer came out, it took Wynn 15 days to release the full update.
    I’m guessing it’ll take another two weeks.
    Edit: Also, since mob textures are getting a complete revamp, I think there will be a lot of changes in bosses and mobs in the ToA etc.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. Aditya Winocita

Aditya Winocita Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Thats diamong golem texture so cool.

Mouse :), mantidmadness, Geag and 6 others like this.
  5. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if the secret feature is an auctionhouse or something like that? It's it detlas which is a trading system and this update should be about the economy.

6. Casparof

Casparof mythic counter: 2 HERO

Minecraft:
    i yhink your right tho detlas is the main city for trading so beat place to put a trading thingy is there

7. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    So wynncraft is a rpg now?
    Now this has me very exited. I just want to chop down all of nivla so I can get a few more skill points on a crafted item. The crafting system may be a great alternative to re-iding items. Overall the systems seem to be able to replace the bad side of the item system - RNG.

Geag, Dr Zed and Gogeta like this.
  8. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Props for your analysis too, it's really well made :D

9. Kogut

Kogut Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Haha, might wqnt to make an official report on that build problem. However, this was a great report well done :)

ploo likes this.
  10. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    but wtf is "Giellinor" in the wiki page a new town?
    Also nice job on this analysis this is probably one of the best ones

11. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Thanks, and nah that’s just something I pulled from the Runescape wiki to highlight some similarities between the two.

12. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can you please type normally?

That_Chudley likes this.
  13. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    oh LOL im dumb

14. basementbob

basementbob God of Corkus and Meme Land CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Looking at the size of the black box and the blocks around it looks as if it is a villager.
    If it is, we might be looking at an auction house villager in 1.18.

15. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Want to give some confirmations or explanations Mr. GM? >:3

I'm actually most curious about the new item slot. Seems like no one is discussing it. The fact that the shot was present for only one frame means Salted didn't want us seeing that yet.

16. Casparof

Casparof mythic counter: 2 HERO

Minecraft:
    yea rip sorry but i got autocorrect [ON]
    and its fucking a lot of shit up sorry

17. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not confirming anything, just stating the effort you put into this ;)

18. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh no...

DEVELOPERS

Blizzardgale likes this.
  19. Thega

Thega ```Interesting flavour text``` CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:

20. Bio