Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Most Liked Dungeon And Most Hated Dungeon?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by blegar1, Nov 14, 2018.

?

Favorite dungeon (i'm only doing normal ones since can't fit corrupted)

1. Decrepit sewers

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Infeste pit

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Lost sacntuary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Underworld crypt

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. Sand-swept tomb

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. Ice barrows

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. Undergrowth ruins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Galleon Graveyard

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Fallen factory

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What dungeon do you guys like the most and what dungeon do you hate the most? I'm curious and why do you hate it. Can't say CSST since i agree it's bad but otherwise we're gonna get a lot of the same answers on both sides. Mine would be undergrowth ruins. Feels like the grindiest dungeon, and it's a dungeon i only grind if i have to. (seriously it's the only dungeon i can stomach once before I get bored of it to the point i want it to end)

2. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    CSST

CSST

Shit

Z0niix, gigi2oo2, Aya and 19 others like this.
  3. blegar1

Minecraft:
    can't mention CSST xD

4. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    My favorite dungeon is probably Underworld Crypt. It's exactly what imo a dungeon should be. I love the unique boss battle, and there's hardly any grinding involved, which is great. Worst dungeon design wise is imo Sand-Swept Tomb (also known as SST, and the corrupted version ofc), it doesn't have any sort of challenge and the boss bores me. Besides (C)SST I think Undergrowth is too grindy as well.

Aya, mantidmadness and blegar1 like this.
  5. blegar1

Minecraft:
    I actually agree on underworld crypt, only problem i have with it is the AI is kind of dumb and sometimes get's me killed but it's a small gripe.
    SST i'm mixed on, i feel like that dungeon's challenge is really class specific with difficulty, some classes have a fun time others are annoyed with it. Could be just me, but eh i do have to admit the boss is kind of basic but it wasn't the worst boss i've ever seen.

6. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like all of the dungeons but my favorite is FF (no surprise there) and my least favorite is CIP/CLS (Corrupted Infested Pit/Corrupted Lost Sanc) if I do them at their actual level. I'll probably order them from favorite to least favorite later (Chem starts in 10 ish minutes) because I have nothing better to do then rant at a screen. Also if I were you I would add a poll.
    Before someone says "go ask these people" here's a link to an older thread https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/what-is-your-favorite-dungeon.219364/
    P.S
    Screenshot 2018-11-11 at 10.06.09 PM.png

7. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My favorite dungeon is the dungeon where what's your favorite threads are tortured in.

Realises and Shots like this.
  8. blegar1

Minecraft:
    I cannot comment on the dungeons you like/dislike, however. I will say those 3 dungeons I do want to do because i'm interested in all of them to be honest. Especially why they're liked/disliked
    Also i would add a poll but I don't know whether to make it dungeons people like or they dislike.

9. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Best: Corrupted Underworld Crypt (Everything about it is great imo)
    Worst: Ice Barrows (Waaaaay too long and dull)

blegar1 likes this.
  10. blegar1

Minecraft:
    Again a dungeon i want to try since it's mechanically different,
    Ice barrows. I agree only way to beat the dungeon quickly is have an earth weapon

That_Chudley likes this.
  11. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Favorites: Fallen Factory, Corrupted Underworld Crypt, Decrepit Sewers
    Least Favorites: Lost Sanctuary, Ice Barrows (even though it's really cool, it's also really tiring)

trex1611, That_Chudley and blegar1 like this.
  12. mantidmadness

mantidmadness Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    favorite is underworld crypt and infested pit least is CLS

blegar1 likes this.
  13. Realises

Realises was fun while it lasted ♡ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hate Ice Barrows the most
    My favorite is Fallen Factory

That_Chudley likes this.
  14. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Forgot to give a shoutout to Galleon's Graveyard! The dungeon itself it pretty fun and unique and so is the boss in my opinion.

blegar1 likes this.
  15. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    My favorite is probably Underworld Crypt, it uses a lot of unique features, and although the execution of some ideas could be better (those boring "boss survival" stages) its overall pretty good. Unique Boss fight, the Boat ride is great, though I wished they utilized the boarding mechanic more, And it just generally looks good.

Least favorite? Probably Fallen Factory :/ As much as I want to like it, its very simple when boiled down, buggy, laggy, and some mechanics I really dont think they thought through
    For example: MOST of the dungeon is just killing mobs and climbing scrap piles, which is hard to do on a time limit if you have any +ws, and you could be getting shot at, etc. The only good room for me is the Clockwork parkour room, where I legitimately think they did a good job on the parkour + moving fans. ALSO. THE MAIN THING.
    THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT.
    YOU HAVE TO COLLECT 2 CORES, WHICH YOU WERE NOT TOLD, A AND B. IF YOU DO ANYTHING BEFORE GETTING THOSE, ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND HEALTH POTIONS. YOU HAVE TO GET BOTH A AND B, AS I SAID, THEN ENOUGH SCRAP TO CLIMB UP TO THE SCREEN. BUT WAIT? PSYCHE, YOU ALSO NEED SOME CORES TO BREAK THE SCREEN. GO BACK DOWN COLLECTED THOSE, AND GET THE SCRAP AGAIN. OH, THERE YOU GO, YOU GOT THE CORES AND SCRAP, NOW HAVE A GOOD TIME TRYING TO CLIMB THIS SCRAP FAST ENOUGH, WHILE BEING SHOT AT, AND BLOW UP THE SCREEN. IF YOU AREN'T THROUGH THE SCREEN AFTER LIKE 1 MINUTE, YOU GET TPED DOWN.
    AND THEN THE FINAL BOSS, AFTER ALL THAT, IS JUST A REALLY FAST BOY THAT MIGHT JUST KILL YOU SOMETIMES.
    REALLY FAST + LOTS OF HEALTH = BAD DESIGN IMO.

That_Chudley likes this.
  16. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    all dungeon but underwold crypt suck
    especially fallen factory I would rather watch pain dry than do that dungeon its so boring

17. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    add a Poll for fav dungeon

Fav, Underworld Crypt
    You get to ride a boat! Also there are literally 0 grinding spots which is what players do dungeos to avoid. The mob sommuning for the boss is cool too.

Least Fav, Lost Sanctuary
    This dungeon sucks. Especially when you have to run it 7 times for a elemental Danc pants. you just run across a bridge. Kill 1 then 4 then 5 then 6 mobs. do 5 1 block jumps. Fight a boss by killing 8 mobs yay

18. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok now time to bomb this thread with walls of text
    Favorite to Least Favorite
    As everyone knows, I adore Fallen Factory. The dialogue is actually entertaining unlike almost every other dungeon which just provides boring backstory for the most part to me. Sci-fi is also my favorite genre (even more than fantasy/horror), so when there's a dungeon literally based around robots, you already know I'm happy/excited. The grinding sections actually feel unique unlike most other dungeons, and the parkour is much more unique compared to all other parkours of dungeons (and I like doing parkour in general unless it's really annoying jumps like triple neo). The boss also isn't your standard "here's a boss; kill him" but rather combines the mechanics of mini bosses, grinding, and parkour together to make an actual fun boss to fight. The only part I don't like is the conveyor belt (when I don't skip it). The first few times I did FF I enjoyed it, but after a while it just became a generic obstacle that was wasting my time to me because I was just clicking w and maybe right/left clicking if a mob spawned. Conveyor belt aside though, FF is hands down my favorite dungeon in wynn.
    Unlike all the other dungeons, there is no actual grinding section outside of the boss, which usually makes me happy. The mini bosses are fun to mess around with in the survive sections, the mini boss right after that is fine, and the boat ride part is pretty unique mechanic and fun experience (as well as Underworld Crypt ofc). The boss, as mentioned before, is more of a grinding section than fighting an actual boss. The boss, while unique, feels to easy imo. The main reason is due to the AI of Charon, since he literally just runs away if you hit him, meaning if you're using any aoe (which you should be) against the mobs you need to kill to summon Graken he just exists to exist. Another problem is that Graken can sometimes straight up despawn if he goes to far away from your vision, pretty much forcing you to either /kill, /class and get tped out, or just die normally. The mini bosses also don't usually despawn after the bridge forms (unlike in Underworld Crypt), meaning unless you /class to despawn them they can sometimes push you off a ledge while trying to do the parkour to the next mini boss, making it less enjoyable. Overall, I really do like the dungeon as I do for all of them, I just like this one enough to put it over the others (excluding FF).
    Basically most of the same reasons as Corrupted Underworld. However, the boss being different is what makes this less enjoyable to me. Don't get me wrong, Underworld Crypt has a very unique boss fight with the soldiers mechanic and I do enjoy it. However, it feels more rng to me than actual strategic use of soldiers. Hell, if you just spam Generals you'll probably win eventually. While the Corrupted Underworld has some rng based on if you get quick drops or not, Underworld Crypt's rng is more or less how many times the enemy Warlords spawn. Overall, still a very good dungeon nonetheless.
    A pirate themed dungeon is pretty cool imo. The only real grinding section is the first room, but all the parts afterward are pretty unique in terms of mechanics. The whirlpool parkour, while annoying at some points, is actually pretty fun, the introduction of the cannons when fighting the armored pirate is pretty cool, and the boss itself is pretty neat as well due to the cannon aspect of it. The ship part was ridiculously tedious before the reworked it, since (assuming you didn't skip it) you literally had to rely purely on luck in order to beat it. While you would never lose if you played it right, you could never truly win based on strategy either. The reworked version to where the pirates come at you in boats and you have to shoot them is actually pretty fun. The treasure room part isn't that fun imo. Generally speaking, I do actually like timed challenges, but for some reason I just don't like this one. The parkour is fine though only because I like parkour. Overall, I enjoy the dungeon over most other ones, but not as much as I do FF/CUC/UC.
    While it is extremely unique as a dungeon, it doesn't entertain me as much as the ones above. The first room is usually just tedious to me, the parkour is fine, and the third is just your generic grinding room. The invisible parkour was pretty enjoyable, as was the running section. The running section made me feel like I was actually on a mission rather than just running around some ice cave maze. The part right before the boss was pretty cool imo, as it had us fight 3 different unique mini boss fights which would have some of their mechanics in the boss itself. For example, the Shade of Theorick practically is Theorick except extremely weak to earth and having about 5 times as much hp, and without his specters. As for the boss itself, I would've said it was cancer pre-nerf (originally Theorick had 20k hp which imo was ridiculous for his level, but now he has 14k which is much more manageable), but now it's pretty fun to fight against. The specters actually have a use here instead of being generic superwalls of hp. While you could argue that they still are in this situation, the three in Theorick's battle room actually pose a threat by being 3 different, distinct specters you have to juggle with Theorick moving around the room with teleport. However, I will admit, Ice Barrows is pretty damn long, being the dungeon that takes me the longest to complete outside of FF/Undergrowth. FF's enjoyment value far outweighs it's length, and we'll get to Undergrowth later. Still a cool (I need to stop) dungeon regardless.
    Read the reasons for CSST, as most apply to the reasons I like SST generally speaking (I was typing CSST before this oof).
    Incoming "Lol Shots is bad because he likes CSST" comments, but for your information unlike 99% of the population that does CSST I don't actually just hold w the entire time and wallhug, but rather I actually do the dungeon (fighting the boss, getting tokens, etc.). I actually enjoy CSST's first room due to the wave system rather than trying to swarm you all at once. I wish the arrow room actually posed a threat, but when you have a horse, it's literally irrelevant. The grinding room also feels pretty fast paced rather than drawn out as long as I don't go near where all the wallhuggers haven't picked up their tokens (in which case I become very sad since I can't pick them up). The falling floor part just exists to exist and doesn't really have a purpose outside of not to have a parkour though. The boss when fighting it alone is actually enjoyable as a boss imo when fighting it, as it's more of a unique take on phases of a boss. There's also the exp you get from it obviously that makes almost everyone who does it happy. I enjoy dungeons over "standard" grinding because I feel I can see immediate progress and I'm actually working towards something when doing a dungeon. The reason I prefer SST over CSST still is due to the fact that I much rather enjoy playing alone than with others, and the only reason I actually go to CSST is because I want to make use of those dbombs/dxp like everyone else who goes there (I will say though, on my level 100 archer at least 25-30 out of 41 CSST runs I have on it I did alone because I was actually grinding for gear. Most of the other times were for the xp though). I was typing this before SST, so most of this generally applies to SST as well. Going off topic for a second to criticize fellow CSST users in regards to the "I'm using knucklebones", "I'm using a bad weapon", or "I'm using bad gear" excuses for not helping:
    1. Don't melee like me when using knucklebones and that's not an issue.
    2. Bring an actual weapon that does damage (for example I bring Judas/Bonder along with Sage most of the time when doing it on my mage).
    3. I had to solo Hashr in xp gear with only 2/4s mr and Alizarin once when everyone got stuck in the black box besides me, and it wasn't that hard. It's not as bad as you make it seem.
    I would say the "I have bad lag" excuse would also count, but from my own experience with my craptop and wifi before my family upgraded it, I can understand where they're coming from when I'm trying to fight mobs at a nice hot 5fps or 1k ping lol.
    As the first dungeon I and many others have done, it will always hold a special place to me, even though I do enjoy other dungeons more than it. While it is pretty generic as a dungeon, it was a nice introduction to the concept of dungeons itself. It also introduced a more unique mechanic than you're usually used to, being the walls to block off the boss's arrows. Not much really to say about it, but I do laugh my ass off when I get a level 28-32 rare spear from a silverfish in the dungeon.
    Basically the same reasons as Decrepit Sewers. The reason I put it below Decrepit Sewers is because it feels slightly more tedious than it's original due to the skeletal guardians being extremely tanky. While yes, they are tanky at lower levels for the original, these things have 10k hp, and unlike their originals, they don't move at the speed of a snail. While this makes it more challenging, it makes it more tedious than fun to me to deal with the skeletal guardians, but like I said I find every dungeon fun anyways. I will say though, I enjoy the boss of the Corrupted version more than that of the original (except when the barriers around the boss get in the way of my attacks in which case it makes it annoying).
    Undergrowth Ruins is pretty low on this list for one main reason: it's borderline boring. The grinding section in the blue tokens room would actually be enjoyable if the spawn rates weren't absolutely atrocious, and the 40 token room is so repetitive I would nearly enjoy grinding more over doing a dungeon at that point. The boss is also ridiculously easy compared to the dungeon boss Theorick imo. You basically took Theorick, removed the threat of the specters and replaced them with temporary easy to kill slime minions, and then buffed his stats so he would be somewhat of a foe for the level you do it at. I do actually find the slime parkours pretty fun as well as the guardian room though. While it seems like I would dislike Undergrowth Ruins, I still enjoy doing it regardless, but definitely not as much as the others. While I would say Undergrowth Ruins is probably the most boring out of all the dungeons, it's actually not my least favorite because it's boring.
    Basically interchangeable for enjoyability so I'll just mush them into one. While I wouldn't say it's borderline boring like Undergrowth Ruins, I would say it's borderline tedious/annoying. The bridge part can either be a pain or can easily be skipped via using a horse, the grinding rooms are pretty meh, the tree part is pretty meh, and the boss itself is just super long and not as enjoyable as other bosses. The parkour was fine, and I did enjoy having to try and kill creepers rather than random enemies for tokens. To be honest, most people would say the flamethrower is super annoying for its level, but tbh on most times I do it I'm trying to avoid Garoth/C. Garoth anyways since I'm just running around and/or spam blinding/knock backing him so yeah. Definitely not as enjoyable as the other dungeons outside of CIP/IP, and while I would be fine with doing it, I wouldn't be as excited to do it as I would other dungeons.
    Basically interchangeable as well and after thinking about it I decided I like these less than CLS/Lost Sanc. For infested pit, unless you're assassin/warrior, it's actually hard. Assuming you don't wait until level 21 to do infested pit with mage/archer like a normal person would, mage does very little damage until it gets meteor, meaning it takes forever to kill things, but at least it has aoe melees. Archer literally has no aoe until bomb and is in a dungeon where it's whole purpose is to swarm you with a load of mobs, making it far less enjoyable than before. While I do like the concept of spiders, hence the reason I still partially enjoy doing the dungeon itself, the thing I really don't like about Infested Pit/CIP is it's actual design (however, I'm not saying the design is necessarily bad, just I don't like it). Two things that I dislike the most are confined spaces (not quite Claustrophobia but close to it) and being attacked from multiple directions when trying to focus on one thing (probably applies to most people as well though), so when you put me in an area where I'm getting swarmed in a confined space, of course I'm going to dislike it. However, it's a similar situation with swamp environments such as Olux. Swamp's usually have a mysterious, disgusting, and/or foreboding atmosphere surrounding them that makes me dislike it, but to be honest, I think it's supposed to make me feel that way and I'm not supposed to like it. This applies to Infested/CIP as well.
    Ok now that I'm done typing for ages I should probably finish my homework or something actually productive to society.

RicRicc, Druser and That_Chudley like this.
  19. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Favorite: Fallen Factory or Galleon's Graveyard. Both of them have pretty sick mechanics unique to each of them, and it's nice to see stuff like that in a dungeon. Boss fight is lackluster on FF though.

Least favorite: CLS can go die

That_Chudley likes this.
  20. blegar1

Minecraft:
    I think most i've run that dungeon in a single class is 2 or 3 times, mostly cause I find the grinding part so annoying, killing creepers is easier said than done when other mobs try to kill you.

Take away the dungeons I haven't done and that's pretty much my list. Undergrowth however, is even worse when I think about the dungeon quest beforehand, if i hadn't known what the dungeon was like i honestly would have been excited for what's gonna happen. in the dungeon, only to be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.