Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Tsuneo, SUPER M and Stormarend like this.
  2. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Except we have no idea if that's the case because they aren't telling us anything.

3. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    They didn't say when 1.18 is actually coming out. Heck, there probably won't be another update for at least ANOTHER 8 months if they are doing something completely different. Technically they didn't say anything at all because we never knew what was actually in RtD anyway. I assume Dern, but we'll never know for sure...

SUPER M likes this.
  4. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Dr Zed likes this.
  5. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please, i'd be happy with just a few bug fixes i need 100% on all my quests :(
    (??? and all that)

6. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    You’re arguing right now. You need to search up what that means.

It mostly is.

I can only speak for myself but I have fully listened to the CT I just think their arguments don’t hold up.

If you’re transparent with the community and tell us what’s happening I think we would be a lot more understanding instead of us waiting almost a year for an update and getting no information just to have it postponed and we get another update we don’t know anything about instead.

If you read my post you can clearly see why this isn’t a problem. Not giving us information only gets us more angry.

I definitely don’t think that was a mistake. However the mistake was not doing more as I explained in my post.

Sorry but your promise isn’t worth anything to me right now, it’s should be obvious why.

What I want is a response to my post as to why what I said is a bad idea. If you can’t do that you that says a lot and you should maybe rethink the way you’re handling teasers and hype right now.

Stormarend, SUPER M and Dr Zed like this.
  7. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Actually I'm not really disappointed that RTD isn't part of the next update. Because this means that it will focus on quality instead of quantity, improving the actual gameplay (there are so many flaws here, like the uncontrollable way of getting equipment and the flat skill system) and filling holes (like the molten heights area and gavel in general) and not just adding more and more provinces and quests.

8. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fake or not, the premise is still there. I do suppose the statement can be considered false in Wynn's scenario, yes, but i find that 2 unfinished updates in a short span is more disappointing than a finished update in a longer span, which is what I was referring to.

SUPER M likes this.
  9. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Yes... If only we knew that...

SUPER M, ReReverse and HalfCat_ like this.
  10. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    They were already doing that by not giving as any information about the update and not setting a release date. You can't assume what they'll focus on instead, since we didn't even know what they were doing in the first place.

SUPER M likes this.
  11. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, if we were kept completely in the dark, then yes, the community's imagination probably would have acted up and the update would be hyped.

But then again, if they kept us in the dark and when the staff decided to change the direction the update was headed in, they wouldn't have had to make this post at all (because there would have been no confirmation of RtD), and even if they did, no one could say "you've disappointed me" and " you've lied to us" or whatever people like to say because they wouldn't have said anything.

I do believe that giving us regular progress updates and telling us what was going on was a possible course of action that the CT team etc could have taken, but keeping us completely in the dark is a valid action. I could see either way working out. As oculism jr said, I believe the staff team's mistake was choosing the middle path. I think it would be a better choice to 100% keep us in the dark or give us progress updates every 2 or so months.

12. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is why voices of positivity need to speak up more often, because no matter what all the haters say, the work the CT team does is astounding, and the vast majority of players sincerely appreciate your efforts is creating and maintaining such an incredible server. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this server's development in any way.

SUPER M and HalfCat_ like this.
  13. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Keeping us completely in the dark isn’t good either. While it would have presented this from happening community frustration would have been incredibly high as well as people quitting the game due to it feeling like nothing is happening.

You can appreciate and critize something at the same time. I love the work the CT is doing and that is why I’m defending them so hard. However I’m critizising the way this was handled.

14. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just hope that the people in charge of these decisions learn something from this and won't repeat the same mistake. They really need to change how they handle communication between Staff and Community.

15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Here's an example of what could and should have been done.

Last week Hollow Knight, an indie metrovania, released its last of 3 free DLC packs. 7 months prior to that, Team Cherry (the devs) released this video. While it was cryptic, they laid out what their goals were in the description of the video. Then 5 months later, they released this video, showing live gameplay footage. And you know what? The update was fine. Nothing was overhyped, and while some features didn't get in, the update was all right.

Now some people didn't like the new update because it was mostly a boss rush mode. But at least they knew what the designer's intentions were and what direction they wanted the game to go into.

16. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If they HAD made a drastic change to the update and postponed it, then yes, the way they leaked their update would have lowered the amount of anger the community had.

It seems you think I'm "anti-leak".

I just wrote that it could have worked either way in my previous post. The reason why I wrote down all those reasons why having us kept 100% in the dark may have worked as because I wanted you guys to acknowledge that it may have worked being kept 100% in the dark.

17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I meant to use it in the context of how you can leak an update without ruining it. There's a point where even if you want to do something different, you need to follow through with what you have.

18. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, ok.

Dr Zed likes this.
  19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I gotcha.

by2011 likes this.