Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    What I’d like to know is why Grian announced a year ago that 1.18 would be RTD and not announcing what the focus of 1.17 would be until the changelog came out

That_Chudley and SUPER M like this.
  2. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    We were kept in the dark. And we were disappointed.

That_Chudley and SUPER M like this.
  3. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rather, we were told that the next update would be RTD and it's not

Now, some people are disappointed

4. Imaxelius

Imaxelius Content Team Manager CT Manager QA Modeler HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    That was a mistake on his part, he should never have mentioned RTD at all, this wouldnt have happened. But our plan at that time was to have the next update RTD, but it changed.

That_Chudley, XavierEXE and Druser like this.
  5. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    If we post teasers about the update and the update gets delays. People will be disappointed and angry. Delays can't be controlled but the teasers can be.

ploo likes this.
  6. Imaxelius

Imaxelius Content Team Manager CT Manager QA Modeler HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, you have all the right in the world to be disappointed, but I can promise you, this update is cooler and brings a lot more to the table :)
    So trust me, it's worth it

ploo, CookedPelvis, Nickel and 7 others like this.
  7. Tsuneo

Tsuneo Preliminary returnee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All that has been said is that RtD won't be included in the next update, nothing more, nothing less.

Dr Zed likes this.
  8. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I completely understand about the dangers of setting up release dates and building up hype. Though too much of anything is a bad thing, and in this case the owners were too opaque about their intentions.

By not telling the community anything, the owners' changing their minds comes across as them not knowing what they are doing or planning very well. The owners should have communicated their original intentions for what the they wanted the update to be. Salted did a great job of this in the Gameplay Update and Grian the Corkus update. It doesn't have to be specific. And most importantly, if there is doubt, talk about it. Again, you don't have to spoil much, but just enough to know what direction you guys want to take the game.

That's all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    That_Chudley, Gegaba, Sonick and 4 others like this.
  9. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Ok and tell me, how many people would've been disappointed if they said: we're working on this and that, here's our progress. Oh wait were're gonna put that on hiatus for a moment, now this is what we're working on?

10. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I wouldn't assume anything.

11. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ???

I never said they should have kept us in the dark.

They told us what the update was going to generally be about, then they told us it's not going to be about that, now some of us are disappointed. I corrected what you said (you said we were in the dark and now we are disappointed).

Besides, if they hadn't even confirmed that it would be about RtD, then they wouldn't even have to had made this post.

Once again, I'd like to stay impartial to whether or not they should give leaks etc (I've seen good arguments from both sides)

12. Phurple

Phurple The Plebian VIP+

Minecraft:
    dead meme

Dr Zed and Druser like this.
  13. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I don't think Dern was even confirmed to be apart of the update besides the name. I think we just all assumed it was going to be, but the owners could have technically just said, "Yeah, Dern itself isn't apart of the update."

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  14. Phurple

Phurple The Plebian VIP+

Minecraft:
    it's not like updates can be mass produced

also dead meme/whatever that is

15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    True, but the owners can decide whether to do something completely different.

SUPER M likes this.
  16. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Yes, we is a plural term, that doesn't mean it necessarily applies to you. Also the saying the next update would be RtD is not a good example of why there shouldn't be any leaks. That was stupid either way.

ThomAnn100 and SUPER M like this.
  17. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I need to say something here.
    Everyone here, including me, are certainly pissed, and we have every right to be. But arguing won't solve anything. This discussion needs to stay civil, or it won't get anywhere.

I think the problem here is the longstanding lack of communication between the CT and the community. CT don't appear to be fully listening to the community, and the community aren't listening to the CT. The community wants more info about upcoming updates but the CT won't listen, and the CT are justifying the reasons why and the community won't listen.

When Gavel was released, it wasn't finished, and the community were not happy about that, but afterwards the gameplay update was introduced to partially fill in the gaps. But instead of finishing Gavel, the CT went on to other projects, leaving major areas like Molten heights unfinished, and the dungeons missing. Several major updates have since passed, yet no information has been shared regarding this. The community have voiced their concerns about this, but I have yet to see any recognition of this issue from the CT.

I, and many other members of the community are firm believers in Quality over Quantity. Shigeru Miyamoto once said that "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.", and I believe this holds true for Wynn too. I personally don't care how long an update takes, as long as it is not rushed or botched, like Gavel was.

But this raises the issue of the long timestamps between each update. The content takes a long time to complete, and I fully respect that, but if the CT wants to take this approach then they must be more open with the community and what they can expect. I would be perfectly fine with Dern being delayed like this if we as the community were told what had caused this and what to expect next.

I sincerely hope that this next update will fill in the holes left in gavel. The CT is amazing but i personally think that the leadership don't have their priorities in order. I know that they mean well, and that's the best we can hope for, but it's not what the community wants and they aren't listening.

I've always wanted to join the CT and help out with the content, but something has always held me back. This is one of those examples.

I know not everyone will agree with me on this, and that's completely fine, but please try and remain mature and civil.

ploo, Druser, That_Chudley and 11 others like this.
  18. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft can be updated, so that statement falls flat on its face. Also I wouldn't be surprises if this is just one of the thousands of fake Miyamoto quotes.

ReReverse likes this.
  19. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    could i also say:

the expectations came from there being no word on this at all except for one tiny thing that it was RTD

when you only solicited that it would be road to dern, THAT is what made all these expectations.

When there is absolutely zero known about the update; nothing at all, nothing. We have no expectations, we just know nothing at all.
    if something is canceled, so? who gives a shit, we didn't know this was happening anyway, it didnt matter for anything. We weren't promised this; nor told this would happen.

But when you give only a LITTLE bit of information; something like "This update will be Road to Dern".
    It's a MASSIVE expectation. adding in a whole sub-province, and seeing that mining operation made us have even bigger expectations.

Then you tell us "lol this isnt gonna happen, sorry mate, another time. also please dont get mad"

Seriously, the one big thing of this update that everyone was itching to see, that salted said would end up making it better THAN GAVEL?

canceled.

Now we're completely in the dark, we know nothing at all. And that's worse than being completely in the dark from the start to finish.

The community treated D&D so well and had a 99% satisfaction, because we knew nothing, we didn't even know the name until salted gave us that changelog, or what was gonna be in it, besides some minor patches, things that would be fixed, etc. if something got canceled; we didnt know about it, we didnt care.

And Corkus as well, we knew quite a bit about Corkus, and a lot of people loved that update. if something got canceled, and we knew about it, well we have a lot more to expect.

You see where I'm going? Don't give everyone one big thing to hinge on; and then in case you have to cancel it; ruin their expectations. It'd be better if you gave us NOTHING to wonder, ponder, or think about the update at all than just a tiny bit. Or gave us everything to, that way, both ways, if something got canceled and we knew nothing; nobody would give a fuck, we didn't expect anything. If we knew A LOT, and something got canceled; well, theres all this OTHER stuff that won't get canceled, that we know about and we can stay hyped about, so it isnt THAT bad.

But here, the one thing we knew about 1.18 got canceled, and we're fucking pissed.

and you're wondering why we are.

So, next time, please tell us a lot more about your updates, or just solicit NOTHING, leave no hints, leave nothing to be hyped over.

And the community will be way happier with upcoming content.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  20. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wait, I think everyone is misunderstanding this. The update was meant to be a big update, and RtD was a part of it. Now, they realised RtD is too big of a thing to ship that soon, and they are removing that part of the update so they can release 1.18 earlier and we don’t have to wait forever, and then adding RtD later as a separate update

ploo, Druser, ThomAnn100 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.