Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think the first part of your post defeated the second part. Too much of anything is a bad thing, and in this case the developers or whoever were opaque about their intentions.

SUPER M likes this.
  2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I’m really tired right now and basically have no idea what I’m saying. Basically I mean the same thing as what you were saying. I’ll stay out of this so I don’t start writing absolute nonsense now.

SUPER M likes this.
  3. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    you can't expect me to read through 8 pages of debate

by2011 likes this.
  4. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    the first word we got about 1.18 was a meaningless gif

the second one was a meaningless image

the third one i literally had to weed out of salted

the fourth one surprisingly happened right after i went on a charade about there being literally no word on this update for a week

to grian: at least you could tease the stuff that you're SURE will stay.

even small stuff will give us hope

SUPER M likes this.
  5. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    The context is that he thinks he should be able to criticize the owners or whoever was responsible for this decision. That's it. He didn't personally threaten anyone nor did he call anyone any names. We're sorry if this criticism doesn't apply to everyone on the CT, and we don't think they're lazy or monsters, but given Imaxelius' and Grian's statements, it seems that most people agreed with this decision on the CT.
    Like I said before, just leave the game and stick around on the forums if you wish. You have no obligation to stay and pay them money, just as they don't have an obligation to do everything the community exactly asks for them to do. If you think this isn't redeemable don't waste any more time on a game that pissed you off.

SUPER M likes this.
  6. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i made it to page 4 and died lul

Lexwomy likes this.
  7. Casparof

Casparof mythic counter: 2 HERO

Minecraft:
    this makes me only more excited cuz if there is no map update it wil be a thing like the game play update so new mechanics YAY I KNEW IT

8. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    bah of course this is redeemable

that is, molten heights storyline is in my book, equal in importance to a new province being implemented.

and if this happens, everything is forgiven, without questions, without complaints, without even saying it

and there are other things too that could forgive

SUPER M likes this.
  9. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Then don't comment then or read through it if you're not interested.

SUPER M likes this.
  10. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I think this sparked a very interesting debate however I’ve been seeing a lot of people blaming the CT which I think is absolutely wrong. The CT works on updates for US and they get nothing except our praise (and sometimes hate) in return. This is not their fault at all.

This.

In my opinion keeping the community in the dark is the worst thing that you can do. I’m gonna explain myself with arguments, not ranting and yelling don’t worry. The only thing I want is the CT to listen.

The ironic thing is that the lack of information we have is what has created all this hype and expectations. We as humans like to imagine. And with imagination comes expectations and when those expectations aren’t met we’re dissapointed. I am dissapointed that RTD isn’t going to be the next update. Do I have any clue what it is? No. But I sure as hell imagined an epic province with mystery and interesting lore. That’s why I’m dissapointed.
    Isn’t that funny. I have absolutely no idea what this update is and I’m still dissapointed.
    It’s the same trick authors and moviemakers use all the time for their benefit. What we imagine is often more impactful than reality. The way Wynncraft handles teasers also feeds into this cycle of imagination.
    Cryptic teasers are so vague that we see what we want to see. A black shadow can be the eye or a random post about berries can be a whole new game mechanic we’ve been wanting for years.
    When it’s actually something less than that we get dissapointed. That’s what happened to Gavel. We’ve been thinking wrong the whole time. Gavel didn’t get overhyped because got shown too much.
    Gavel got overhyped because we were shown too little.
    If we had been shown what it actually was our imagination wouldn’t have run rampant and destroyed a good update.
    Gavel was the single most important update in Wynncrafts history and it is regarded as unfinished and overhyped. The failure does not lie in the honestly incredible and game changing gameplay changes or the mostly well made quests and map.
    It lies with the insanely high expectations.

What I think would be best for the game and community would be to monthly or every 3 months have videos or threads of a content team member going over some of the builds and progress on the update. Show something concrete instead of making vague promises that can easily be misinterpreted. I honestly can’t see any downside to this. Of course they wouldn’t go over every single detail and definitely not important story elements but just show something and update us on how it is going. Dates should definitely not be given and it should be stressed that last minute changes can happen.
    We should also be updated on things like this thread. We’ve been hyped for an update that apparently got delayed months ago and now we’re getting a thread on it?
    That is simply unacceptable.
    It could also lead to community interaction and the CT would get feedback from the community. A lot of people in this community are very smart and have lots of good ideas that could be used and feedback is always good. Not feedback from your friends. Real critism from people that want this game to be as good as it can.

Leaving the community in the dark will lead to expectations that can’t be met and will make us quit and get angry while we wait for the next update we maybe didn’t even want.

I also want to praise the IM team for interacting and listening to the community.

Now I will reply to some other people.
    No it wasn’t. You were hyping it up yourself.

You don’t know what RTD is. How do you know you wanted it?

The CT can’t do anything. It’s the admins. Don’t blame them.

I agree. This is an okay first step but it’s definitely not enough.

This is bad. You should feel responsible for someone feeling hurt over your words. If I tell someone to kill themselves I should just brush it off and call them an extremist?
    I can’t speak for GB but what do you mean by saying this is what happened in Sweden? This is just straight up lying. The feminazi movement is on a decline and the biggest problem right now are people like you. Thinking they can say ANYTHING without taking responsibility.

This actually made me laugh.

This is definitely something good. Talking to the community about they want to do is great and will most likely lead to a happier community and better updates.

This also made me laugh. Pretty rare these days.

Again. Blaming the CT and saying they didn’t put in a lot of effort into this update. That’s just stupid. They clearly put a lot of effort into this however they realized they couldn’t complete it in time and chose to do something else.

That has to be the worst game development quote ever. Every mechanic and system has to have a lot of thought and time put into it. Just trying things until something sticks leads to unfinished and unpolished products and mechanics that don’t fit.

essay alert

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    ploo, That_Chudley, Blokies and 15 others like this.
  11. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    That's what I thought, until Imaxelius said this:
    I'm sorry if not everyone on the CT feels the same, but if so then Imaxelius should also be criticized for not representing the entire CT.

SUPER M likes this.
  12. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is exactly what I meant to say in that earlier statement, but messed up.

Dr Zed likes this.
  13. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    It’s not them that makes these decisions. The admins have the final say. If the CT wanted to post a teaser they can’t just do that. They have to ask an admin which is probably gonna say no. If they post it anyways it’s leaking and they get demoted.
    The CT works very hard for these updates but they just can’t make these decisions. That’s why it’s not their fault.

ploo and by2011 like this.
  14. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well, think about this:

the community is hundreds of players that live in different places, have many different opinions. do you think one player can represent a majority of them?

the content team works together and collaborates constantly and is made up of MUCH less people than the community. do you think one member can represent a majority/all of them of them?

besides, Imaxelius was talking about a decision that was already made and things that have already been done, whereas Antonio was talking about the opinion of the entire community

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I understand that. Though if Imaxelius was one of the reasons or a factor as to why they choose to change, then it wouldn't be completely true. But I'm willing to agree that from now on we should see the owners as fully responsible.

SUPER M likes this.
  16. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    You can't say you're in the right then tell someone to not respond so that they can't dispute your points. That's not how this works.

Your tone and attitude are prime reasons as to why sometimes people feel as though the voluntary effort they put into something isn't worth it.

Yes, you have a right to complain.
    Yes, this update isn't what it was said to be.
    Yes, you're allowed to state your opinions.

What you should not be doing, however, is telling someone that they shouldn't refute your post because you believe you are right. If you're taking the opportunity to speak your mind, your opinion, then you have no right to tell someone that they cannot do the same.

The rest of this isn't aimed at anyone specifically, but rather to everyone. I just want to speak my mind about this.

Personally, (I don't know how much I can say) but I believe the next update will be more fun and much more necessary/impactful than RtD.

Me saying that can be seen as an issue to most. I have access to more information than the community. I'll explain why I think posting specific teasers too early are an issue:
    - People generate too much hype so that they're disappointed when the update doesn't happen very soon after the teaser.
    - If, for any reason there's a change of plans or any sort of other delay, then the community is up in arms about the lack of updates.

The second point is a double sided blade and is not up to me in the slightest.
    1. If we post teasers early then that's good and all, but if there's any sort of delay or issue that keeps that update longer than expected then the community has an issue with it. Whether a delay comes up or not is unknown. It can't be known unless it happens, and if it does then this entire situation happens. I think it's understandable to not have a repeat of this, given.. well.. this.
    2. We don't post any information as all and the community doesn't generate any expectations that there's a chance we can't meet. That also means transparency doesn't exist. That's an issue I don't need to even remotely explain.

You'll have to understand that whichever option picked comes with its own set of issues. We can't just release teasers and be like "yeah there won't be any delays" because that's not up to us. That's unforseeable. And, not to be rude or anything because I tend to be like this for other games, when someone that was promised doesn't happen, whoever had to deliver usually gets a ton of hate. No game community is forgiving enough with promises that were broken. It's just human nature.

ploo, CookedPelvis, Imaxelius and 2 others like this.
  17. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm a little confused. Does this mean the next update is a completely different one, or is it the same one but Dern isn't included?

18. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I guess that could be true, but there's also the possibility that Imaxelius influenced the owners before making their decision. The only reason why I'm mentioning Imaxelius was because of their usage of "we."

I agree that Antanio's views aren't shared by everyone in the community. That's why I said to Oculism Jr. that it's completely fine for him to still play the game and donate money because it's his decision. If anyone wants to still play the game even after what happened, I'm fine with that.

SUPER M likes this.
  19. Imaxelius

Imaxelius Content Team Manager CT Manager QA Modeler HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Just to clear some things up, I dont represent the team. And what i was trying to say was, you don't want to be kept in the dark (understandable) about upcoming updates, but we talked about RTD early, and when we changed our minds with what we wanted to do, the community gets upset. Everyone needs to understand that we might scrap stuff and we might bench stuff, so if we start teasing a bunch it will be a lot of disappointment

ploo, HalfCat_ and Dr Zed like this.
  20. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Those are two completely separate things.

SUPER M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.