Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    We.Don't.Know.
    That's what the entire debate is about, lack of transparency. I get that the Wynn Team is just a bunch of passionate guys doing something they love, but the lack of transparency and the cloak and dagger stuff is really starting to wear thin.....

2. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm afraid not.

3. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not today, maybe in the future.

4. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    *Sigh* again with the "Maybe in the future"

That_Chudley, Dr Zed and SUPER M like this.
  5. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so, no? It's a no.
    To quote Shia LeBeouf: "Yesterday, you said tommorow. So just, DO IT!"

6. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    Just for using that dead meme, would you kindly fuck off?

Phurple likes this.
  7. Avidify

Avidify 10 > 50 stacks of LE in 1 month || Pricechecker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know I'm not too sure "So just, DO IT!" is the best quote to go by when it comes to efficient game development but maybe that's just me

Pokextreme and Dr Zed like this.
  8. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I meant about releasing the information about the update.

Dr Zed likes this.
  9. Imaxelius

Imaxelius Content Team Manager CT Manager QA Modeler HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yikes. A lot of you are complaining about the lack of updates from us regarding future content, but that's what we did for RTD; we had a plan at that time to release RTD next and it changed. Sometimes you have to prioritize, and we think the update we are working on is a lot more needed than RTD so we put that on the side for now, FOR NOW is the key part. It'll come, just not as the next update. There's a reason why we don't spoil what's coming in future updates, we spoil a thing (RTD) we change our minds, the community gets upset. So it might be best for us to just keep quiet until the update is ready to hit.

Also, it's absolutely your responsibility to not hurt others with what you say. Don't even.

mouldy, BeeMiner, ploo and 9 others like this.
  10. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    We can't say, because that's literally one of the biggest problems that led up to this.

ploo and CookedPelvis like this.
  11. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

Much support to all of content team! I'm super sorry to hear RTD being postponed, this seems it's been hard for everyone to deal with, not just players but for the devoted community that is the CT in a whole. I hope the best for you all and love you all for the work you put in for this update and the hours spent building things so the server and it's community can be kept in the amazing states they've been in all these years and also so Salted can keep affording all his piston fish. ^3^

12. Moukassi

Moukassi I Gues i'll get hyped for fruma #2085

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Might be because the content team has like changed their building style ALOT and its a bit more realistic i've heared ? they even agreed on the frum frum gate not being that great at all.but idk for sure jus rumors

RJJguyTheCarrot likes this.
  13. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The cummunity is upset becouse we got promised RtD and then that promise was broken.
    WE WANT MORE INFORMATION

EVERYBODY IS SAYING THAT

14. Allankap5

Allankap5 Living legend and icon

Hopefully, in the future, teasers are kept a bit more vague so that we don't feel let down if a feature we wanted is not implemented (he feature itself would be a bit harder to discern and, as such, the content team could do what they want with it).

ploo, TalkingKittyCat and Pokextreme like this.
  15. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    No, that's one of the biggest reasons we canceled I believe. Because grian talked about it a bit, the CT felt pressure to do it while they wanted to do something they felt was more important. So no, no word on the update (to the public that is).

Edit: in no way do I blame grian talking about rtd for this

Lexwomy and SUPER M like this.
  16. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Having just read the whole thread, I get the feeling that those people who are upset are primarily so because of the lack of information regarding the update in this post, rather than the fact that it's not RtD. Honestly, I was expecting more Gavel revamp stuff than RtD in 1.18 anyway, so it's not that big of a deal to me, but the original post really just gives the impression of being incomplete.

A Human and SUPER M like this.
  17. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Unfortunately, in some cases that isn’t true. One or two of those kinds of jokes is fine, but at some point, they stop being jokes and become hate

18. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And even if it was a joke (which it is - subjectively - not, imo), by saying it is a joke and then saying "wow, you feel insulted by that, even thought it was a joke", you are pretty much putting them down, making them sound stupid because, oh well which noob would get insulted over a joke. But just incase my explanation didnt come over good enough again, imma leave that here:

Patrick is a person who works for free for homeless people. He always helps them out by providing food in public places, for free of course.
    But one day, he makes a mistake, and has not enough food for the 200 homeless people that visit each day. He is very upset about this. A random group of teenagers pass by, shouting at him "Why dont you give them all food, if you are already providing food for those 150, why not for the rest of the 200 people. Obviously preferring women that perv..". Now, some people get that joke. But the man feels insulted, because he already did so much and "This is how I am treated for helping those people". Saying that, the teenagers just reply with "oh man it was a joke, dont be upset about it.", leaving the man standing alone, with dozens of people around him thinking "oh wow, he took that simple joke so serious. Just how stupid is he."

(Apart from the fact that, as already stated, this is the internet. Text. Jokes and sarcasm dont get along these lines of text..)

A Human likes this.
  19. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    What this game really needs is a lot more transparency, not vague promises that, "it'll be out soon." And as a game developer, you don't keep your audience waiting that long just to do something else completely different. That's just bad design and communication. Nobody knows an iota of what direction the owners want to take the game in. Heck, I think the owners don't know either.

Everyone knows this isn't as serious project as other games. Though when you ask people to donate money, and way more money than most people would, to keep the game a float only on the basis of faith, that's when it becomes an issue. You should have a reason for people to pay money and play your game versus the billion others out there. If you don't, then Wynncraft will just end up dying.

Again, I'm not mad at the CT or think they're lazy. I just think what the owners did was a really bad decision, assuming they are fully responsible for this change.
    Ok, for crying out loud, he didn't call anyone names. What he said wasn't hate speech. As long as you don't call people names, or personally make threats towards them, it's not hate speech.

Lemon, HalfCat_ and SUPER M like this.
  20. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    how
    what
    i don't even

making sure that you don't hurt others with what you say isn't your responsibility
    it's common sense

HalfCat_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.