Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We understand tha you have lives outside this game, but saying that we shouldn't voice or opoinions becouse you're getting hate, that in some cases are just jokes that YOU choose to take seriouisly (I'm getting Count Dankula vibes from this) isn't really a good argument. Everybody here knows that people can be busy and things get in the way that change our plans, however YOU should know, that you need to deal with those things and the same goes for the "hate comments". Like in life you have to deal with hate, and not just shout at people to stop being mean towards you. People are allowed to voice their opinnions, just becouse you feel hurt doesn't mean that those people aren't allowed to voice their thoughts.
    Okay, I understand. I think the only way to deal with this situation, is for Salted to not keep the community in the dark, becouse if we're going to keep being denied information about the development of the game, with few snipets of vague reveals that you can only speculate to what they mean, then I have to say that we're not gonna get far. Salted needs to aknowladge that his community doesn't like being kept in the dark about LITERALLY everything.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Sonick, H0Y and Dr Zed like this.
  2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Who would make personal attacks against someone for not releasing an update fast enough? It's like screaming at an athlete for not winning fast enough, it makes no sense. Stuff takes time.
    Anyways congrats to the entire CT for such amazing work on RtD, and I'm really excited for the next update, whatever it is.

sandra, mouldy, That_Chudley and 4 others like this.
  3. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as long as it's not forced postivity I'm ok with it

4. Whimesy

Whimesy Roses are blue VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly, I’m pretty sure most, if not the entire community is disappointed that rtd is delayed.

However, disappointment and rants aren’t gonna change much, so we might as well just hope that 1.18 will be just as interesting and keep giving the mods and cts orange juice so that they can keep working for rtd :p

sandra, That_Chudley, ploo and 3 others like this.
  5. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd disagree. If you're not going to demand change than nothing will ever chnge.

6. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, I am happy enough if the game gets something added that increases the fun for endgame. Yes, people were expecting a Road to Dern, and it's sad and all, but it's nothing to shitstorm over.
    And yes, I am saying "shitstorm", even though most people are understanding the problem. If you call someone out for something negative about them, and they feel very hurt, it's not an argument to crawl back to your friends and say "Lol it was just a joke" or "It wasn't even serious."
    The other person (or group of people) will still be hurt, and saying that just because it wasn't meant all 100% serious, its okay and all, is just kind of an asshole move.

Keep going guys. As long as the next update will improve the game, it's okay.
    But in all honesty, what I wish for, is for some game errors and bugs to be fixed first, before you push out RtD in 1 or 2 years.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for informing us (me).

(And I really hope you learn from these mistakes. It would actually be great to not tease updates until they are almost done and could be released in the next few days or 1-2 weeks)

Jacquie, sandra, That_Chudley and 2 others like this.
  7. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Look, I get it. You're mad. And you have a right to be. The CT should have told everyone earlier, or should have been more clear about their intentions. I've been pissed before about updates being pushed back before too, and I've been vocal about it. They pulled a boner to say the least.

BUT

Ranting against them won't do a thing. They're just volunteers. They'll can and will do anything they want. You can't get a refund for having an update pushed back. It sucks, but that's just how it is. And they have no obligation whatsoever to do exactly what the community wants. They're not monsters either, just a couple of people who casually liked the game and community and wanted to add to it in their free time. That's it.

If this has made you lose faith in the game, just stop playing the game and stay on the forums if you wish. Likewise, you have no obligation to stay in a game that pissed you off. I've only stayed because of the community. I've longed since given up any expectations of the game, and I'm now fine with that. I can just shrug it off as a half-game in Minecraft that had some potential and was fun for awhile.

So what I'm saying is that yes, you do have a right to be mad, but you don't have any control over it. And realistically, the best thing you can do now is just move on if you don't think that the game is redeemable anymore.
    He paid at least $80 towards the game because he believed that this game had a chance. People pay $20 less than that for Triple A games. He didn't make any personal attacks towards you or any of the CT members. And he has a full right to be mad about this and just leave the game. If you really think that his complaints don't have any merit and aren't worth your time, just ignore them.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  8. TNG

TNG Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Not going to lie, I'm a bit disappointed. But, I do appreciate the honesty which is why I personally am not mad about this. Obviously, situations such as these ones do occur and that's perfectly fine. Wynncraft has almost never let me down when it comes to updates, so I look forward to it!

T-Flex, Druser and A Human like this.
  9. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    It depends. The community getting really unhappy about this sort of stuff doesn't cause change, it only pressures the CT to aim higher than they can actually achieve.

10. ---

--- --- VIP+

Minecraft:
    And the next update will be in this month or later?

11. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    You know, I'd be ok with this if these new "priorities" were actually disclosed. Right now I'm not feeling any incentive not to be pissed.

12. Guermas

Guermas Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    HYPE Really cool spoil <3

13. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Everything else aside, I do agree with this. Going months on end with nothing more than one or two vague teasers about what's being worked on is starving the community. I get that the CT/Salted/Whoever wants to keep these updates suprising in terms of whats to come, but leaking a little bit of the update isn't going to hurt anything, especially if it makes the community more comfortable then they are to wait for months on end for another update.

14. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    First of all, the images look absolutely great, and awesome

I have a question
    Will you be releasing a new tier of gear to bridge the gap between Legendaries and Mythics? I know that the Hive Weapons sort of serve as a bridge, but they're annoying to get a lot of and the hassle for the powders to convert it into your element is just too irritating.

15. TNG

TNG Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That's a good suggestion, but I don't think that it fits here. You might want to make another thread about that in the "suggestions" section.

SUPER M likes this.
  16. HalfCat_

HalfCat_ Supporter of Catania HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Why was I quoted in this. I made a bad joke to be on the 1st page.

No one ever said ”Gevel” was perfect when it was released. Grian himself has admitted it wasn’t.

I just worded it wrong.

That’s just plain wrong. You ranting and insulting them will have the opposite effect. The only thing you can do to make something happen is join the ct.

sandra and CookedPelvis like this.
  17. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    I do agree that I should make a suggestions, but IMO this fits in here since the only way to add in an entirely new tier of weapons and armor is a major update such as RTD, Corkus or something of the sort.

18. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think keeping information about the next updates secret until its ready to be published would not even be any problem if the community had something else to do instead of breaking their heads over trying to figure out what will be added next. If players in the endgame had something else to do except running LI 128 times for a Legendary Medallion, they wouldn't rant and complain about the lack of updates or the postponement of something specific.

And of course this is just an obvious suggestion to the main problem at hand.

Pokextreme likes this.
  19. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not responsiable for somebody else feeling hurt over my words. If we're following that thought train, we'll soon end up not being able to say anything in fear of hurting somebody's feelings. And let me tell you, YOU DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. Just look at GB or Sweden for reference.

Sonick and Dr Zed like this.
  20. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    I might just be talking out of my ass here, but I don't see any harm in releasing a few snippets of information here and there, updating the community on the progress of the update. It would also sustain the current population, and small hotfixes and patches that add in small amount of content while the main update is on the way would also be great.

Also Anthony I do agree that censoring free speech or curbing it because it hurts someone's feelings is a stupid idea, but there's a fine line between free speech and spreading hate and vitriol. People tend to remember vitriol more than the good stuff, and I don't need to tell you that it's a bad thing. Discuss the lack of content, give suggestions but namecalling, personal attacks and spreading hate just makes you look like a fucking idiot who's pissed for no reason. This should be common sense but I'll reiterate don't be a fucking asshole.

Aya, sandra, WithTheFish and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.