Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm just quoting any random of your posts as it doesn't matter really.

I used to be part of the IM team. Talking to people at times can be a pain, especially when they act the way you do. From a neutral standpoint, you seem needy, spoiled and arrogant. I'm surprised they are even replying to you, as you make their "job" less enjoying, at least's that's how I see it.
    I understand you don't agree with certain... things... but there are nicer ways to present your thoughts compared to presentation you chose.

Finally, they are the IM team. They know a thing or 2 more about items than you do. There is a reason for everything even tho it's not so apparent at times.

2. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is it that me wanting a Lament buff and expressing that so stubbornly made me seem spoiled/needy? I suppose I can see that and agree for the most part, but just to make sure, is that what you meant?

I still haven't been convinced of that much (though I did learn a thing or two about the weapon), I suppose I'll just drop this for now even though I want to keep arguing/justifying what I said.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    CountBurn, RazorGuild, T-Flex and 2 others like this.
  3. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This alone would show a level of maturity and self-control beyond that which a stereotypical minecraft player is capable of. From my experience as a staff member on another decently sized server, most players would argue themselves into a situation with staff that they very easily could have avoided by being less stubborn and defensive.

That being said, what I've seen from the Wynncraft community in particular over the past few years does seem to be above average already, especially compared to the largest servers like Hypixel and Mineplex. I suppose that's due to the nature of the game itself promoting a more intelligent community of players, which would be accredited to the content team and staff team. Good job guys.

Pokextreme likes this.
  4. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It was more your stance rather than what you wanted. It seemed pushy, they way you talked made it seem like they owe you an explanation.

Your charisma is appealing, I just didn't want to see it being ruined by wrong choice of words.

5. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, thank you for clarifying.

6. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So what was the point of cascade nerf again? Isn't cascade shitty enough?

7. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    cascade is actually really good

8. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's pretty hot garbage against elemental tanky stuff like Qira and a lot of other enemies that have defense against all the elements. I use it myself, and sometimes you just do like 300 damage with a proper rainbow build and everything. The nerf just screws over rainbow more than it already has.

Trash likes this.
  9. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/jSQXWA
    here's a build with cascade getting 11.6k meteors
    now while your point about it being garbage against elemental tanky stuff is true, you have to look at it from the other side as well. due to spread rainbow damage, it can greatly take advantage of elemental weaknesses as well, which most enemies tend to have at least one of.

10. by2011

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    12k meteors https://wynndata.tk/s/XbKtkU out of my face kappa

Trash likes this.
  11. Awsomeman12345

Awsomeman12345 Property Of Pandora CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    idk about cascade. Now I think about it, its like a sawtooth. (I think sawtooth is very underwhelming)
    I mean, focusing damage on one element is far more reliable than having damage spread out, especially in guild wars *cough* Honor Guards *cough*.
    From a Guild Warrer's perspective, it just sucks. Honor Guards are quite common, and have a rainbow defense. Cascade can't do much about that really. It feels like more of a sidearm instead of a main weapon, judging by how consistent it is.

SilverMirror likes this.
  12. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Not all weapons are used for all situations. In fact, most weapons hv situations that they are useless and require you to use a separate weapon/build to deal with. Cascade and Sawtooth being the superfast rainbow weapons suffers from being blocked by elemental defences but can do exceptional damage against anything with weaknesses, as thot said earlier. Which put them in great position against like 95% of the mobs.

Therefore if you aim to fight against Honor Guards or stuff with rainbow defences, Cascade and Sawtooth isn’t the best option for you and I would suggest using something else, as it is not the weapons’ flaws that makes them ineffective but instead the weapons’ design. Just like how a water weapon is ineffective against a mob with water defence, a rainbow weapon probably isn’t the best with rainbow defense. It’s simply a give or take situation.

13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Either that or you can just build in raw spell if you really need to use it for that.

14. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    raw spell = giga = big gay

Pokextreme, bloww, T-Flex and 2 others like this.
  15. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    Was talking to some people about nerfs and buffs earier today and the sp nerf on cascade was brought up, can i ask whats really the point of that little -sp? since its on a weapon i dont see the point of it unless its brought into the extremes, like Divzer

16. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    What really was the point of -1 sp is the main question, but anyway

The -sp dampens the effect of your sp investment, -damage on str/dex, -your worst nightmare on intel since u would actually want to invest more on that to get the specific spell cost reduction, -some def/agi for well, tank and stuff.

Lets say your build might have like, 250 sp in total, but you're only getting 226 sp worth of stuff at best, you just lost around 10% of your build's sp effect with a snap of fingers, just like that. But that is assuming you have a build to begin with. For Cascade itself the req being only 75 sp in total, -24 to -40 sp eats away almost half of the investment's effect.

A few %s on each skill might mean nothing to you, but a few %s x5 made a small difference that you cant visibly notice. I'm glad that you don't think the nerf made any difference, but a lot of people do, so this is just purely opinion based.

17. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    perfectly balanced as all things should be

Major_Lue, Trash, Lemon and 2 others like this.
  18. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

19. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is discoverer ever going to changed to be something for loot running, because right now you can pay 18 stacks for a disco and it will give the same effect as jera and a 30% loot bonus weapon. People that dont know this are getting scammed into thinking there going to get full chests all the time then after they bought it they realized nothing has changed.

20. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.