Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Rp - Gavel's Darkest Hour- Act Two Begins [7/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by sdkgjnio, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    She looks up at you, clearly distraught. "They started it by kidnapping one person. We finished it by killing eighty-two. How can you say we were in the right?"

2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    ”Ugh.” I head back towards where i started my search (the village) to ask for more information.

3. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

Is anyone's mana changing?
    EX: casting a spell
    EX: channeling magic atm to activate an object
    I'm here. ^-^
    Just gonna observe things. ;p;

4. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Try breakimg open the door with pick

5. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "i mean they killed quite a few of our people too. one of my friends lost a sister to their attacks. they shouldn't dish out what theyre not ready to receive. i dont want to start anything with them either but they did attack us first. if it makes you feel any better, i guess it was more my fault that they died, so dont blame yourself, ok? "

6. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    No. Not yet at least...
    As you arrive at the village, there seems to be nobody around - everybody must be inside (it is getting dark). There does appear to be a small, rather run down tavern that looks like it was a converted house, and you can hear a lot of voices coming from inside.
    "Are you really going to tarnish all dwarves with the same brush? Those guards were just doing their job- they didn't kill anyone. And from what we know those attacks weren't random thugs acting on orders from a stranger in a bar."

@Tsuyu-chan
    @BlueSlimerino
    (@Tisaun for good measure, this is a fairly major bit)
    A drumbeat suddenly starts, followed by a fanfare. Two villagers step through the curtain hand in hand into the Royal Box. One of them, King Brian III, looks very old and tired. He has a short grey beard and a heavily wrinkled face, and wears a crown and a silver robe, both of which look like they don't quite fit him. The other villager, by contrast looks proud and dignified. He wears bright purple mage's hat and robes and carries a very large wand. This is Elimut of Gylia, brother of the King and High Mage of Gylia, who appears to have chosen to be a royal first and High Mage second. Stepping past his brother to the railing, Elimut addresses the room, boisterous and energetic.
    "Welcome, friends and guests to the pre-summit entertainment! We have three wondrous acts for you tonight, but first, I would like to say a few words on behalf of my brother. Tomorrow is a crucial day in the story of our Kingdom. It is the day we choose to stand together and resolve our differences, lest we fall, divided, to the Cataclysms that have claimed so many lives already. I trust that everyone in this room takes their responsibility to keep things nice and civil very seriously. I understand that public appearances are a rare thing for many of us, myself included, and we want all Nine Regions to feel welcome in this union. Our great-grandfather brought peace to the Province. Now is your chance to save it. Thank you for your time. I believe the King wishes to introduce our first act."
    Elimut goes back out of the curtain, reemerging in the Gylia box while the King shouts, or rather says loudly in a voice laden with false enthusiasm.
    "Our first act, a Hobbit of Gylia, here to perform magical feats hitherto unheard of - please welcome Esmé Deepwater!"
    The crowd claps as a young female hobbit steps onto the stage, wearing a very odd and modern suit and tie with a top hat. She does a couple of twirls while the applause dies down before speaking.
    "Hello everyone. I'm Esmé, and in my time at the Grand Academy, I created magic thought impossible by all I met. It's not terribly practical, but it makes for a great show."
    She reaches into one of the crates and pulls out a pack of cards. She shows them to the room, asking to confirm that they're normal. She then goes to a humanoid rabbit in the front row and asks him to choose a card and shuffle it into the deck. She takes the deck back, and after shuffling it herself, she shows the room. All the cards but the ace of diamonds are face down. The rabbit is overcome with excitement "That's my card! How in the name of the King..."
    She does a few more tricks, in which she has an elf pick the same card over and over, manages to repair a torn card and sends the entire deck but one elderly villagers card into the pocket of the man next to him. She then moves on to emeralds, has them vanish, teleport and split in two only to heal again. She then calls for a volunteer. "You there. The villager in the back. In the black robe.", she says, pointing to @BlueSlimerino

7. Tsukiji

Okie
    Dem slight of hands.
    Anyways, she be calling you out! xD
    -----
    What is Togak and those around him doing?

8. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I look up to her and say "yes?"

9. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Just watching the show, as far as you can tell.
    She looks delighted and beckons you onto the stage.
    "Now, Glem. This is your sword is it? Normal sword. Now." She pulls your sword out from behind her and places it point down on the tip of her finger. "Now, the other one."
    You reach for it, but it isn't there.
    "Oh, sorry. You must have put it up the leg of your robes." You suddenly notice that that is in fact where the sword is. She gets to the floor, still balancing the other one and reaches slightly higher than needed and retrieves the sword, to widespread applause.
    (btw she's completely blown your stealth)

10. Tsukiji

Oof.
    Reaching into his pants to grab his sword. >.>

11. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    I also applaud and then say "can I get them back now?"

12. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    You're both in balconies overlooking the hall. He's in the next one over from yours, next to the Royal Box.

She swings the sword back and forth and it appears to pass through the one on her finger as it goes by. She does gradually more flamboyant gestures with it before launching both into the air, landing them back where they belong.
    "Now look in your back pocket.", she says. There you find her tie, which she seems to have taken off during the sword waving.

13. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    "When did you do that?"

14. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I mean i guess but feeling guilty about it isnt really gonna help..."

15. Tsukiji

So unless he looks around, I should be fine...
    .-.
    -----
    I turn my attention back to the action. Is she using magic or pure skill for all of this?

16. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    She only winks. She does an elaborate twirl and you notice her jacket stuffed into the back pocket as well. "Like me to continue?", she says, pointing at her shirt. There's a cheer from a good portion of the audience.
    She isn't using any mana and what she's doing would actually be unheard of as genuine magic.
    "Help with what? We've done what we set out to do. And now we're stuck in some village of fanatics. What else is there to do but feel guilty?"

17. Tsukiji

That going to bother me.
    That there's "magic" I can't see. :T
    I attempt to figure out how she's doing it. (Although it's not going to be that effective since I'm not close. ;-;)

18. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    "Personally no, but I'm out numbered" I say as I gesture towards the crowd

19. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Well we just have to play along with their little ceremony or whatever and hopefully they'll let us go after. If we try to ditch now they probably won't be happy."

20. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Before anything more can happen, there's a flash of light accross the top of the room and a loud bang from the Aldorei box. Esmé looks up in alarm, and you see that Dermit, Acting High Mage, is furiously throwing spells at Togak, who seems reluctant to fight back, only blocking the spells. Elimut is trying to pull him back, Doushoins and the King have ducked behind railings and Tranki is saying a prayer. "Take that you, uh, half-witted, uhm, Elf!" A spell hits one of the box's supports, causing it to lean forwards. The crowd are in panic, some rushing for the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.