Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Rp - Gavel's Darkest Hour- Act Two Begins [7/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by sdkgjnio, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    There isn't really any cover available for a bit - it's a straight road along the cliff but it must be past midnight by now and darkness is cover enough. You walk down the road as it slopes downwards, soon flattening out in a junction. You can just make out a sign pointing to a lower road going to Kandon-Alpha. It now leads straight into the Void. The road turns slightly to the left, and Kandon-Beta is out of sight. Behind a boulder you see a villager wearing slightly muddy purple robes and carrying a lantern and what looks like a thunder wand. He looks at you in surprise. "That was quick. So you're the courier, then?"

2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I nod.
    ”Gert fetch reed.”
    I use my natrual strength to rip open my ropes/bindings

3. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    "Just to be clear, you're fetching scrolls, not reeds. The Gylia Reed teleports when threatened, see so if you weave it together properly it takes you back to where you made it when you tear it. They get delivered around and sold in other places, see, so you can buy one made somewhere else and get there almost instantly." He snaps his fingers.
    "Now, I have camping equipment" - he points at an odd looking black ring on his finger with a gem that looks a lot like a blue-green eye. "I feel you could probably use some rest before we continue."

4. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "ha ha i dont really mind. that way i can save on explanations xD"

5. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    She leads you back the way you came and into a cave off the main road. It looks like there was once a paved path into it, but it clearly hasn't been used for a while. It's much hotter in here than at the gate - Dwarven settlements are usually uncomfortably cold for Doguns. Stalactites and stalagmites cover the floor and ceiling and the cave is partially flooded with bubbling steaming water, in which there appears to be something shiny. "See those pools?," Bantira calls out, not stopping. "Full of these oysters that make torus pearls that the other races wear as rings. Pretty strong heat protection, but the pools are so hot only we can actually get at them. You can imagine how the dwarves closing their borders affected that. Worth a fortune now."

6. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    Can I get a recap from what we were doing? Last message I saw was Tsu asking how much mana it would take to make me get back to a normal level, but I don't think I saw any other gm post about the story. If there was, pardon me.

7. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I continue to follow her
    "By the way, what abilities do you really have?"

8. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    ”Yes. Sleep.”
    I prepare for whatever he’s gonna do with the ring.

9. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    It's shortly after midnight and you're outside the Coalition capital of Suinos, on a trip to fetch Doushoins her spare robes for a summit in Cinfras. You arrived to find the gates closed and most of the lights off. You were considering using magic to be able to more easily climb over the walls, but didn't have enough mana, having drained a lot fighting the spiders. @Tsuyu-chan was considering giving you some of hers. The last thing that was said was:
    "Well, clairvoyance is an ability some people are born with. It allows us to use mana to sense what's going on around us. I'm lucky enough to have extremely sensitive clairvoyance - it allows me to read thoughts to an extent too. I have to confess I'd only ever tried it on Doguns before tonight, I had no idea it would even work. But you looked like you needed the help. And the company."
    She abruptly stops in front of an unremarkable cave wall. "Beyond this is one of the rougher neighbourhoods of Rodoroc. I felt we'd be less likely to arouse suspicion around these parts than just busting through the gate. When you're ready."
    He appears to reach into the ring itself with his other hand and pull out a tent and two blankets. He speaks as he sets them up.
    "A rather nifty elven application of the magical technology that's been adopted in banks lately. Compact and weightless storage at the cost of only ones own mana. There are some that are concerned of how little we know about these - they throw a Grook in the works for a lot of established magical theory. Not mana, not cosmic and definitely not elemental, yet distinctly magical. But I choose to embrace it for the gift it is. I'm sorry, I tend to ramble. Did you understand a word of what I just said?"
    @Tsuyu-chan - this is also how your ring works. A bit of lore on it.

10. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    "None I can think on top of my mind, no." I look up at the dome again.

11. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    ”Magic grook storange ring?”
    I go inside the tent/set it up before going in if not set up

12. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    The mage finishes the putting up the tent and invites you inside.
    "No, no. The grook was a metaphor, I meant that- ...never mind. I'll just put out the lantern and we can get some sleep. We have a long day of travelling ahead of us."

13. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Alright, well here goes."
    I begin to cast a meteor just big enough to blast through the wall

14. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Bantira steps back considerably farther than required. You raise your wand, focus drawing your mana to a point just above the wall and quickly release it as almost physical earth and fire essence. The meteor materialises and crashes into the wall with a bit more force than you'd anticipated - perhaps you should have practised more control. The wall crumbles, revealing a small more natural looking cavern extending below the Rodoroc underground cityscape, itself dug out and expanded over centuries of mining. Bantira pulls your arm and drags you behind one of the buildings - several of the dwarves seem to have noticed. "Cave-ins do happen around here, they don't know it was deliberate", she whispers.

15. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Ok let's wait here for a bit then"

16. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Several doors open and dwarves wander out of their houses half asleep and look for the source of the sound. They quickly discover it and start boarding the gap up - it seems they prepared for this eventuality.
    "We'll just wait for them to finish.", Bantira continues to whisper into your ear. Your hiding spot is barely big enough for both of you - perhaps that's the reason she chose it. "Uh, was there anything else you wanted to know about me?"

17. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Next day?

18. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I'm trying to keep times roughly in sync between players and a few people are still awake. It's about 3:30 AM right now.
    I can probably do a dream sequence to pass the time.

Tsukiji likes this.
  19. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Well i guess we haven't really introduced ourselves, i'm Chunchunmaru, but you already know that. Since you already know pretty much everything about me why don't you just tell me about yourself a bit?"

20. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Makes sense lol. How about I dream about a gang of dwarfs are chasing me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.