Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Rp - Gavel's Darkest Hour- Act Two Begins [7/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by sdkgjnio, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Draining something completely of mana would kill it. Beyond that it just affects how much energy you have to use magic. Most beings have a limited capacity for mana, so there comes a point where you can't give any more. Things with more mana are just more able to use spells - mana is not physical so it doesn't affect physical processes unless you want it to.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

If you used too many spells, would that also kill you?
    Can the capacity be changed throughout one's life?

3. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I realised that if the first bit were the case, negative mana regen could kill you, which it doesn't. Running out of mana is not fatal.
    No, but you can become more efficient with mana and use less for spells, and learn to regenerate it faster, which is effectively the same.

4. Tsukiji

lmao.
    Makes you tired though, right?
    Since you can't sprint with 0 mana. >:T
    Edit: wait, that's old wynn.
    If you overuse mana, you get tired, right?
    Can you improve spells without being able to cast them?
    So say there's a spell that requires 21 mana to everyone's 20. Can we learn the spell and edit it, without eveb using it once?

5. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    You can sprint without mana, you just can't sprint without mana if the sprint bar is depleted too. In this lore, the sprint bar is your physical stamina. If you run out you start using magic to compensate. So you don't get physically tired if you lose mana, because mana is not physical. You can however use mana to run when physically too tired to.
    You can get generally better at magic which makes spells cheaper (effectively how intelligence works in the main game). This allows you to learn spells that would previously have been impossible. I don't know if this is what you meant.

6. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In what ways does this greed differ? Examples would be nice for me to understand. Thank you."Villagers are naturally greedy and are often interested in little more than their own wealth, though this trait differs enormously between individuals."

7. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Some have it more than others. Some villagers are extremely greedy to the point of being miserly while others are more capable of selflessness. It's sort of how villagers behave in the main game.

8. Tsukiji

O.
    I can't believe I haven't asked this yet. xD
    What is the legal age (of consent/drinking) for humans, villagers, and elves?
    What is the currency used (are they just Emeralds, EB and LE)?
    Does killing "mobs" do anything?
    Infact, are there random "mobs" that spawn to kill?
    How do we know how much mana and stamina we have left? Is it just a general feeling?
    How does one get more money? (Ex. wynn you kill mobs, US has a mint that prints it)

9. I brought snacks

I brought snacks Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Name: Kheers
    Race: Human (a cursed human)
    Gender (if not Villager)/age: Male, 20 ish
    Appearance: Kheers had been cursed by a group of bandits from Rymek to look like a hideous humanoid sea creature.
    [​IMG]
    Backstory (you can’t be anyone with much political power, but other than that you can be anyone that fits the lore):
    Kheers grew up in Selchar apprenticed to a crab fisherman. Eventually, he quit the apprenticeship, and made his emeralds pearl diving in the Seavale Reef. It was not very profitable, so as he grew older, he became a pirate. A fearsome pirate indeed, but a filthy thief and coward. He made emeralds selling powders in Detlas specifically, as that was what he stole from other sailors, primarily. Any other fearsome armor or weapons they hawked, Kheers took for himself.Eventually, Wynn turned into a warzone, fighting against the corruption, and as Kheers had no interest in helping in the war, he found himself with nowhere to turn to. Kheers decided to lay low in the area of Cinfras until he heard news that they had fought off corruption in Wynn. Since he was well-known overseas as a thieving pirate, Kheers tried to conceal his identity as much as possible. It was nearly impossible because of the spell put on him in his pirate days that turned him into a humanoid sea-creature person.

Kheers eventually discovered from a book he found in Llevigar's library that a potion made to reverse transmutation spells, which required a selection of fairly easy ingredients, except for one. A dragon's heart. Where could he possibly get that?

Skills/weaknesses: An incredible thief with quick-talking skills. He has no pride or dignity to protect, but would never accept the help of another individual. After going into hiding, and leaving his crew without another word, he lost the command and alliance of his crew which he had commanded for many years.
    Class/fighting style: Assassin. Specifically a poisonous assassin. A hit and run fighting style. Leave them stuck and poisoned in their tracks, then disappear from sight.
    Abilities (specific/unique things you can do, magical or otherwise, based on skills): Well, Kheers is a surprisingly good fiddler. Other than that, he's your average poison pirate assassin.. Great at what he does, as any pirate would have to be. When it comes to piracy, you're going against the best.
    Equipment/material assets (don’t make yourself too OP please):
    Starting location: The secret bunker in the Cinfras sewers involved in the Murder Mystery quest. Full of gamblers and shady characters.

10. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure nor Rymek not Selchar existed back then. Iirc there were some scholars of water magic that calmed down the ocean so people could travel in it.

I brought snacks likes this.
  11. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    There are no humans in Gavel. The age of majority (both consent and drinking) in Gavel is 18 regardless of species everywhere apart from Greater Aldorei, where it's 200 (an 18-year-old elf is basically mature but Aldorei doesn't consider them to be mentally adults).
    Yes, it's emeralds.
    Gavel has carefully regulated emerald mines, some in Molten Heights controlled by dwarves and some in Ahms. The Ahms mines were evacuated because of the fracture, causing an economic crash worsened by poor harvests in Olux and the loss of productivity in Karoc caused by the Plague. The Villager Banks have gone bust. This is obviously pretty bad news for everyone.
    It makes them dead, and gives you access to what they had on them. What else would it do?
    Not in the Wynncraft sense of spawning. There are monsters in various places though - hostile wildlife, the awakened spirits of the dead trapped by the Decay, infected Greenskins, the works.
    Yes. It's not exactly quantified here.

12. I brought snacks

Minecraft:
    Level 21, actually. In Nemract, you have to be level 21 to buy a potion of drunkness. Nice little detail there imo

Tsukiji likes this.
  13. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    Question, will the rp start when it's full or when it's like 4-5 players?

14. I brought snacks

Minecraft:
    leave it to me to know nothing about wynncraft lore :/. Alright, then let's say Kheers grew up in a land that was an island other than Selchar, in a sea other than the one in between Gavel and Wynn, and he was a pirate over there. Ofc, that would also mean he wouldn't have to go into hiding, because nobody would really know him in Gavel..

15. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Remember, this is almost 1000 years ago. Things are pretty different.

There are no humans in Gavel at this point. The sea is impossible to cross, they're all in Wynn and Fruma.
    Detlas is a tiny village at this point.
    There are no sailors. This is before the waves were calmed.
    They haven't. Things in Wynn are very bad.
    Llevigar doesn't exist yet.
    Also doesn't exist yet.

Lesson - read the lore before making a character.

H0Y, Tisaun and I brought snacks like this.
  16. Tsukiji

Emeralds the size wynn has gets preety heavy if you got a stack of them... will this be edited? xD
    Also, how does currency exchange work? .-.
    Will there be some people along the way who happen to have huge blocks of emeralds or a bottle of liquid emeralds to trade? xD And then how do we store those, cause those will probably be pretty heavy too. .-.
    Nice. ^-^
    Will this be canon? ;p;
    *Furiously reading lore*
    Thought popped up at this.
    Loot chests?

17. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    If I recall correctly Detlas was founded after Ancient Nemract was destroyed to be the substitute trade hub, but I might be wrong. So not even a village it was.

18. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Emeralds are are generally cut to standardised sizes, but it's done on weight - shops have scales to measure things. And it's not actually all that heavy at this point - a thousand years of inflation makes a difference.
    That's Wynn law, Gavel is different.
    No. You might find loot lying around though, or treasure chests in places that make sense. It's a more realistic take in general.

Tisaun likes this.
  19. Tsukiji

hmmm...
    You mentioned before about negative mana regen items.
    Will there be items with effects(Explosion and XP Boost lel) in the RP?
    If so, will there be unided items that we need to bring to an identifier?
    xD
    How does an elf prove their age? ;p;
    How does anyone for that matter?

20. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.